What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite a lot of people have the tigs as their 2nd side (mostly due to the song), but my soft spot is for the doggies, they deserve better assistance from the afl imo, given the concessions given to new franchises, cola, the etihad stadium situation etc etc.

fwiw this isn't a anti north sentiment, I have nothing against north personally, I can't stand Harvey though. I seriously hope that the dogs experience some success soon, there supporters deserve it for sticking with them for so long.

+1.

bullshit.

Lake lost the plot. His coach and team-mates have acknowledged it. Maybe you can stop your sooking some time this year?

What? Like the sooking of the North fans about Boomer trying to murder Picken?

Filthy dog act. Should have been 8 weeks.

If he could play 70% of the the season at least in form he has been lately.
It would be a good get.

When did he last play 70% of a season? 1 season since 2008, and then he only played 16 games. He can match that again this season.
When has he performed for anything more than 4-5 weeks in a row? He strings together a few good games every season, and that is what gets the hype up about the player he COULD be.

I have seen it

Tryi explaining to foreign tourists that's worth 3 weeks and Reece Conca gets 2 .......ARE YOU SERIOUS

IM STAGGERED HE GOT 3

I was thinking one ....maybe

You can punch someone in the jaw like Varcoe did (twice) in freo game and not get sighted and Harvey gets 3

......please

You've think you've had it hard with people calling Picken a dog? Boomer's been called a dog after 3 incidents from 2 games in a 380+ game career. Let's not pretend that Boomer's been given a fair run by you blokes either. Yes, Picken was holding Boomer off the ball. Did it warrant Boomer's reaction? No, but you'd be kidding yourself if you really believe that Picken (and other taggers) play within the rules.
Yeah but , yeah but, his job with all that experience is to think before he acts. Now he has stuffed you guys and himself. I agree that taggers go too far and that can be the umpires fault. You know there are other umpires available to watch that stuff. Crowley is an example of a non footballing pain in the arse tagger.

Why can't the emergency Umpire or one of the boundary umpires or a goal umpire be allowed to call stuff like that behind the play.

One thing it would do, it would make taggers actually have to play football as well as their opponent. Serious infringement off the ball should be able to be called and freed by all officials from the umpiring group at the ground on or off feild .

SEE HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO STOP SCRAGGING AND IN MY MIND A FORM OF CHEATING.

I think some people in this thread think that the only way taggers can restrict their opponents is via illegal scragging.

the umpires watch guys like crowley like an absolute hawk. Crowley generally prevents his opponent getting to the ball via smart positioning, studying video to know how they like to set up and find the ball, and by being fit and strong enough to stop them getting where they want to go.

If crowley and co were illegally infringing as much as people seem to think, the whistle would be blown almost continuously. It isn't... despite the umpires watching the taggers more carefully than any other players on the field.

This isn't just due to the umpires being blind... a lot of the frees that people are asking to be blown just aren't really there. Contact is there. But is it enough to constitute an infringement, considering that just about every bloke at a stoppage is trying to restrict his opponent's run at the ball.

What? Like the sooking of the North fans about Boomer trying to murder Picken?

Filthy dog act. Should have been 8 weeks.

Why should it have been 8 weeks?
I suppose Conca should have been suspended for the whole season then if what Harvey did was worth that.
Fyfe would have to at least get 4-5 weeks as well and miss two finals.

I have seen it

Tryi explaining to foreign tourists that's worth 3 weeks and Reece Conca gets 2 .......ARE YOU SERIOUS

IM STAGGERED HE GOT 3

I was thinking one ....maybe

You can punch someone in the jaw like Varcoe did (twice) in freo game and not get sighted and Harvey gets 3

......please

A WCE Eagle supporter with some common sense, there is hope!
The Tribunal is just pathetic with these inconsistent and unfair decisions.
No doubt Harvey deserved a suspension but 3 weeks is over the top.
Boomer is the AFLs way of getting their propaganda across.

A WCE Eagle supporter with some common sense, there is hope!
The Tribunal is just pathetic with these inconsistent and unfair decisions.
No doubt Harvey deserved a suspension but 3 weeks is over the top.
Boomer is the AFLs way of getting their propaganda across.
Agree

Conca deserved five

Whacking someone where he did could have killed him and if you think I'm joking I'm not ...there are couple of spots near the temples and back of the head where if you get hit you can die .....

Conca deserved five

Harvey 1

We have got this horribly wrong

Are you ok there? :(

no response to the point that coach and team-mates agreed the Lake lost it and deserved to be rubbed out?

Lol. They never agreed to hysterical hypocritical North supporters acting like Lake had committed murder.

They certainly didn't agree that North's whining coach should prejudice the tribunal proceedings by claiming his player has every right to ******* eye gouge people.

Christ... I was just joking but now I'm becoming convinced you guys deserve everything you get and more. Hypocrites.

Lol. They never agreed to hysterical hypocritical North supporters acting like Lake had committed murder.

They certainly didn't agree that North's whining coach should prejudice the tribunal proceedings by claiming his player has every right to ******* eye gouge people.

Christ... I was just joking but now I'm becoming convinced you guys deserve everything you get and more. Hypocrites.

We get it, you don't like North. You can stop sooking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love North. Always have.

I don't like what they're becoming. Whiny spooking soft hypocrites never worked for me.

Well you sure fooled me.

You were just joking? That's a relief. I was worried you really were that blinkered, bitter and hysterical.

of course conca deserved more he coward punched someone.

but please harvey judeo flipped someone then put his forearm into someones throat. just because conca got a punishment that didn't fit, doesn't mean everyone else should just be let off.

it wasn't an accident, it wasn't a bit of mucking about. he choked the bloke its a dog act and 3-4 weeks is fitting just like lake got.

Conca probably should have been given 5+.

I think some people in this thread think that the only way taggers can restrict their opponents is via illegal scragging.

the umpires watch guys like crowley like an absolute hawk. Crowley generally prevents his opponent getting to the ball via smart positioning, studying video to know how they like to set up and find the ball, and by being fit and strong enough to stop them getting where they want to go.

If crowley and co were illegally infringing as much as people seem to think, the whistle would be blown almost continuously. It isn't... despite the umpires watching the taggers more carefully than any other players on the field.

This isn't just due to the umpires being blind... a lot of the frees that people are asking to be blown just aren't really there. Contact is there. But is it enough to constitute an infringement, considering that just about every bloke at a stoppage is trying to restrict his opponent's run at the ball.
That's bias talking there brother . Crowley is a stopper and that's all. You know the worst thing about stoppers is in the basic sense, all they have to be are running athletes ( not even footballers) who can run with a champion and simply stop him getting the ball any way they can , and that is what they are used for. Some , very rarely though, can outplay a good player with skill and fitness, most harass on and off the ball.
Crowley does his off ball crap every week , he does not play in the spirit of the game. I'd suspect that soon the AFL may have to sort this problem out as the fans may be sick of wrestlers and want footballers instead.
Having said that tagging is what got angry ant into his foul temper, shouldn't have been happening , but Boomer should have known better.
So. Don't come the bulldust about smart positioning and all that rubbish . If you think the umps see everything mate , your not looking close enough.
They miss stacks, good and bad, that's another story.
Taggers do every annoying play stopping trick, in the book. Say what you like, sometimes it gets very close to cheating, and your boy is one of the worst , not the best , if you get my drift.

That's bias talking there brother . Crowley is a stopper and that's all. You know the worst thing about stoppers is in the basic sense, all they have to be are running athletes ( not even footballers) who can run with a champion and simply stop him getting the ball any way they can , and that is what they are used for. Some , very rarely though, can outplay a good player with skill and fitness, most harass on and off the ball.
Crowley does his off ball crap every week , he does not play in the spirit of the game. I'd suspect that soon the AFL may have to sort this problem out as the fans may be sick of wrestlers and want footballers instead.
Having said that tagging is what got angry ant into his foul temper, shouldn't have been happening , but Boomer should have known better.
So. Don't come the bulldust about smart positioning and all that rubbish . If you think the umps see everything mate , your not looking close enough.
They miss stacks, good and bad, that's another story.
Taggers do every annoying play stopping trick, in the book. Say what you like, sometimes it gets very close to cheating, and your boy is one of the worst , not the best , if you get my drift.
Your opinion. You're entitled to it.

I think you're talking cr@p as you don't watch crowley play every week... and are just going by a fairly standard set of assumptions and prejudices. But they're your set of prejudices, so good for you.

you want a dirty niggling scragger, look no further than Langford from your mob. Kid may be able to get the ball. But he still plays as a dirty niggling scragger, with much less finesse than guys like crowley and carazzo play their roles.

C'mon mate.

Even with your north glasses on, you must know that if anyone is a dog in this incident, it's boomer not Picken.

How many north fans called Lake a dog for what he did to Petrie??....

What is they say about people living in glass houses:rolleyes:
tell us.

74927_18fc0a0135ba860ec9264fe81c650d2f.jpg

are you on the MRP?
No, but like anything I can offer an opinion can't I?.

He has the ball handballed to him, runs straight into Roughead, who drags him down in the tackle and that's where the elbow lands and it was there for a fraction of a second. Nothing in it imo and the still photo from the hun is misleading

Last edited:
No, but like anything I can offer an opinion can't I?.

He has the ball handballed to him, runs straight into Roughead, who drags him down in the tackle and that's where the elbow lands and it was there for a fraction of a second. Nothing in it imo and the still photo from the hun is misleading

LOL, yes you can. And yes, having seen the film now, I have to agree the photos are misleading.

(Doesn't mean the MRP system isn't a joke, of course)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back