Toast Whatever doesn't kill me will only make me stronger - THE KEEP YA CHIN UP EMPORIUM

Remove this Banner Ad

CASBOULT KICKED FOUR YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Clarification for those that missed the match, Mebbie meant goals not behinds.....

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Dog walked into the lounge room yesterday arvo around 3pm,looked up at the tv saw the Carlton footy jumper and walked backwards out of there and went and hid upstairs.

Fast forward and there was incessant whimpering. Dog came back downstairs to see if you were ok....

On a serious note: Belly!!!!

Always had the size and the fitness. Lacked awareness and decision making.

Had shown signs of putting it together in the past but I will admit I doubted he ever would (even accounting for his late switch to Aussie Rules).

Has been immense this year. His game sense is much improved. Maybe paying off that he is being used more outside/HFF rather than in the guts?

Has been very useful as a link up, his delivery inside 50 and in play is better. Popping up for goals, including a few where opponents are just hanging off him.

Along with Doc and Cripps, in my top 3 happy thoughts this year.

Mebbie, right now, the titanic has overturned. I am floating in the Atlantic Ocean, freezing my bits off.

I have found some life buoys and I am clinging to them will all my strength. Hoping I/we will make it through this. The alternative is not very good.

Those life buoys are called Doc, Cripps and Bell.

And in case your mind is in the gutter (which I think was the intention), my 'happy thoughts' are purely platonic*.

* could make an exception for Cripps...:)

Positive thought of the week.

We are in a significantly greater position at the beginning of this rebuild than the last.

Yes we were a bottom side on both occasions but.

We have youngish Veterans who will still be there at the end of the rebuild like Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuzer, Yarran, Henderson etc.
We have young players coming through like Jaksch, Smith, Docherty, Menzel, Cripps, Whiley etc.
We are financially viable, not penalised in any way with fines and draft penalties.
Our prior drafting history has not been as bad as it was then even though it's been ordinary.
We haven't recruited a whole heap of players on the verge of retirement. We've poached a heap of youngsters.
We haven't got a massive amount of stars about to all pull the pin at once.
Our football department is filled with a lot better people.

This is not going to be like our last rebuild at all.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is pretty safe to say that the lads running around in Navy Blue in three years won't be looking over their shoulders...

...not with big brothers Patrick and Tom at the ready to put any opposition player on his arse.

It is pretty safe to say that the lads running around in Navy Blue in three years won't be looking over their shoulders...

...not with big brothers Patrick and Tom at the ready to put any opposition player on his arse.

And Smitty. Don't forget Smitty. Could be the most toughest / most painful of them all....

Mind you, I actually thought it got a bit comical against the Lions. Seemed like every contest Smith made sure to give the nearest opponent a nudge/bump. Even if it was 2 secs after the contest was over. Either he couldn't help it or felt like he needed to live up to the reputation.

Would get quite annoying for opposition clubs, I imagine.

Not sure if this is a positive, but ii'm in the mood for a wild prediction:

Levi will lead our goal-kicking by season's end.

Didn't say which season.

Seriously though, i really hope Sunday's performance gives him confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back