Toast Whatever doesn't kill me will only make me stronger - THE KEEP YA CHIN UP EMPORIUM

Remove this Banner Ad

At least we're not on the bottom of the ladder ;)
Reckon this would help ease the pain if we did ;)

weitering.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Mercuri, Mercuri, Mercuri!"

Oh Sandy.......

In Sandy's defense, the pickup and kick was enough to get excited about. My first reaction was that it was going through and the game was over.

I clearly remember the sensation that the comeback was all in vain. Only to see it roll across the face.

That behind, Dog's tackle and 387 last-quarter marks by Kouta were THE defining moments...

Livo would only be in his early 30s these days. Plus his career would be 40-50 games short of qualifying for f/s.

Although sense doesn't come into the equation when talking about Luke's career - like, let's take a guy who has been as impressive enough as a young KPF to take at pick 4, then play him at FB...

Edit: just thinking about this is making me angry. What in the name of the flying spaghetti monster were we thinking?

Last edited:
No need to defend Sandy. Great calling. I too thought then - may have even said out loud what I'd been thinking all day "They're gonna lose it". Enter the Dog.

Is your sig Sandy or Drew?

I'm thinking Drew...

Don't be so bloody ridiculous.

Kouta took 388 marks that quarter...

You might be right SBYM.

I went for a pie and beers at 3/4 time and didn't get back to my seat until 7 seconds into the last. Could easily have missed a mark...

You might be right SBYM.

I went for a pie and beers at 3/4 time and didn't get back to my seat until 7 seconds into the last. Could easily have missed a mark...

Remember that day vividly. Recall walking past the Hilton Hotel, sun shining, having just voted in the State Election thinking I might as well enjoy today because we're going to get flogged.

Got to the ground, awesome seats, sunny day & big crowd. National anthem plays & I say to my mate "I got a good feeling about this, I reckon we're a chance here!". He tells me I'm a DHead & I'm dreaming". Half Time comes, four goals up & I suggest we have a celebratory beer because Essendon are sure to come out & flog us which they duly deliver on.

Last quarter, they kick the first goal, my mate bleets "we're gone" but for some reason I again say "I reckon we're a chance!". Minutes later Dog goals, Kouta lights up, Lappo goals & we're in front then we hang on. Those were the days! Tough gig I know at the minute but let's all keep our chins up.

Remember that day vividly. Recall walking past the Hilton Hotel, sun shining, having just voted in the State Election thinking I might as well enjoy today because we're going to get flogged.

Got to the ground, awesome seats, sunny day & big crowd. National anthem plays & I say to my mate "I got a good feeling about this, I reckon we're a chance here!". He tells me I'm a DHead & I'm dreaming". Half Time comes, four goals up & I suggest we have a celebratory beer because Essendon are sure to come out & flog us which they duly deliver on.

Last quarter, they kick the first goal, my mate bleets "we're gone" but for some reason I again say "I reckon we're a chance!". Minutes later Dog goals, Kouta lights up, Lappo goals & we're in front then we hang on. Those were the days! Tough gig I know at the minute but let's all keep our chins up.

Ah, what a day Bunny!

I somehow got seats on Level 2A on the wing, through a friend. Best seats I've ever had.

I thought we were no chance. Even when we are rank outsiders, I harbour a hope we will win. I don't think I held out ANY hope that day. Even when we were winning, I still thought we were no chance. Felt like we were only in the game because * couldn't kick straight.

The last quarter was a hoot, but when the final siren went I couldn't believe it. It was equal parts pure elation and shock. Many man hugs and hoots were had by all around me. Even though I was at the game, to this day I still kinda can't believe we won.

I think the 99 PF needs its own thread. Seems to pop up in just about every other thread we have. Or at least if I can help it :)

Ah, what a day Bunny!

I somehow got seats on Level 2A on the wing, through a friend. Best seats I've ever had.

I thought we were no chance. Even when we are rank outsiders, I harbour a hope we will win. I don't think I held out ANY hope that day. Even when we were winning, I still thought we were no chance. Felt like we were only in the game because * couldn't kick straight.

The last quarter was a hoot, but when the final siren went I couldn't believe it. It was equal parts pure elation and shock. Many man hugs and hoots were had by all around me. Even though I was at the game, to this day I still kinda can't believe we won.

I think the 99 PF needs its own thread. Seems to pop up in just about every other thread we have. Or at least if I can help it :)
Remember we were thrashed by Brisbane in the first final? A week later we played the Eagles & as soon as I met my mate I handed him a $50. He asked "What's that for?" & I replied "Next Week". He thought I was made but I explained we'd comfortably beaten the Eagles in Perth earlier in the year. We played out of our skins that day & for some bizarre reason it gave me a glimmer of hope we'd cause an upset. Brilliant.

Mind you some weeks earlier when we played like dogs against Richmond at the G' & the scoreboard caught fire, I wasn't thinking this way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back