Whatever happened to "In Ken we trust"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne should definitely be going in as favourites and I reckon they'll win as well.
They pushed us to the limit twice last year, when we were playing a helluva lot better than we are now. It'd be an amazing turnaround if we come away with the 4 poimts.

I have no faith in ken hinkley to turn this around. How many times can we lose games in the same fashion before he realizes his "gameplan" isnt working?, and this stretches back to the middle of last year too. He seems to me to be more concerned with how the game looks, rather than coaching to win games. He doesnt learn from losses, and just expects it to turn around, as he said so in his presser. Also dodged around the question of whether he is scrutinising his own performance in his presser.

Further to this the inexplicable team selections, where players in form in the SANFL only come into the team as sub for two games before being dropped, while players with no form or enthusiasm to play continue to get selected. Gold Passes have returned to the PAFC.

And we just gave him a four year deal, thus taking all the pressure off him to perform, making him unaccountable to results.

End Rant

No trust in Ken. He gets what he deserves. They all do.

We're the ones copping it though. If they are happy to languish on the bottom and accept it is what they deserve, * off and hand in your guernseys and boots and match payments. You've gotta change what is, if what is isn't happening.

Sorry Macca, we can stand with him sure. But someone has to pull Kenny aside and tell him he's coached poorly so far this season. Our structures are shot, the game-plan at times looks Paul Roos/Demons of 2014 - flood everyone back, selections have been abysmal all season, and our player management has been appalling.

The club will always be greater then one personality, and someone has to hold Kenny to account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Ken a break. Tell me, has ANY coach, EVER, apart from Blight, had a dream run? I guess all you jumping off have never sustained a long term relationship with its ups and downs?

I was much more forgiving until he inflicted Sam Gray upon us. What coach could've possibly looked at Sam Gray, whose one semi shining moment at AFL level was a 3 goal haul in a 100 point flogging, and gone "yep, that's what we're missing".
I'll love Ken again, but right now he has some questions to answer. If the axe falls this week that'll be a good start.

I could be wrong but I think this is a season we needed to have if we want to be a truly great side. The players will learn from this and wont take it for granted when we start winning games again. I haven't written off the season yet but I dont think its all doom and gloom as some are making it out to be. We know we have the talent. It will hold us in good stead for the years to come

Hard to say the players will learn from this when we have won of 9 of our past 22. I realisticly think we are just an average side, that is capable of bursts of very good football when tactically it works for us and by chance when we take risks and and they pay off. Last year we were lucky with injuries and not to forget just about every side we played had key injuries every week... we had a dream run at the start of the season untill we were worked out, thats all it is.

We almost need to play a good side again so we can get back into old habbits of taking the game on and playing high risk football for the hell of it.

Unfortunately we have come unstuck completely now and with Jackson out i seeiously cant see us getting within 8 goals of a flying Melbourne. They have a midfield who are happy to do that hardwork and run all day..

There is enormous talent in our side though and lets just hope we are doing a 2006 Geelong or a 2009 Hawthorn and not a 2013 Adelaide.

I have no faith in ken hinkley to turn this around. How many times can we lose games in the same fashion before he realizes his "gameplan" isnt working?, and this stretches back to the middle of last year too. He seems to me to be more concerned with how the game looks, rather than coaching to win games. He doesnt learn from losses, and just expects it to turn around, as he said so in his presser. Also dodged around the question of whether he is scrutinising his own performance in his presser.

Further to this the inexplicable team selections, where players in form in the SANFL only come into the team as sub for two games before being dropped, while players with no form or enthusiasm to play continue to get selected. Gold Passes have returned to the PAFC.

And we just gave him a four year deal, thus taking all the pressure off him to perform, making him unaccountable to results.

End Rant
Who are you? Why would losing a few games turn you against someone who brought us from the dregs?

Its not a few games... there have been holes since round 15 last year
How big were the holes in 2012 when he arrived?

Give him a bloody chance! Some poor games and results and everyone goes nuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back