Whatever happened to "In Ken we trust"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Realisticly if we finished bottom 4 this year and somehow we never got out if this rut, would we still be confident of Ken winning our next flag then?

Yes, if they are credited with any rise they have to be debited with any fall. Same for Hinkley.

not sure if our board has a lot to play with our last 22 games and 9 wins resulting from it... perhaps the departure of some quality support Hinkley had in the box with him, that were always going to leave to chase bigger jobs, other than that nothing.

Realisticly if we finished bottom 4 this year and somehow we never got out if this rut, would we still be confident of Ken winning our next flag then?

You lost me at "realistically".

I'm still a Ken disciple (atm) but two "ins" have shaken that belief a little.

Firstly was Redden - history now of course but ??

The most recent being S Gray. No way does Sam offer anything superior to Young, Ah Chee or Moore. And Sam isn't that quick anyway - not even in snafl but is a genuine 'trier' at that level.

Also, I was under the impression it was Shaun Hart's responsibility to ensure all coaches were "on the same page" and I cannot go along with the idea Ken has lost significant quality support. Sure two were top shelf within a team environment but Ken is still the head coach and that's where the buck stops.

I have more concern re the team's fitness and lack of 'muscle'. Don't mean they should be muscle bound but too many times players are simply brushed aside or tackles are easily broken. At least, that what it looks like from the outside looking in and even "it happened right it front of me".

Last edited:
It's our 1st real bit of adversity we have faced after a 2 year honeymoon period. Yes we have had losing streaks and what not the last 2 years, but our game style was always there. This year we have been studied meticulously by every other club, and our strengths have been taken off us. Factor in the injuries in pre season to Wingard, Hartlett (who I doubt is 100% fit atm) and Trengove threw us out of whack. Plus the whole Monfries and Ryder situation we have been out of whack as a playing group from the start. We haven't handled being the hunted this year at all. Can it be turn around, yes but it isn't likely atm. I still have faith in Kenny, as should all fans. But this is a challenge our club as a whole has to face not just Kenny as senior coach.

not sure if our board has a lot to play with our last 22 games and 9 wins resulting from it... perhaps the departure of some quality support Hinkley had in the box with him, that were always going to leave to chase bigger jobs, other than that nothing.
They don't...but they also didn't do much in the rise of the team either. That's my point.

They don't...but they also didn't do much in the rise of the team either. That's my point.

Seriously?

You are saying KT had no influence on our relevance as a club again?

My point is right now they are not pulling the strings. KEN is.

Seriously?

You are saying KT had no influence on our relevance as a club again?

My point is right now they are not pulling the strings. KEN is.
Are you being intentionally stupid?

People cannot claim credit for success if they do not claim responsibility for failure of the same.

You are the one who brought the board into things...which was daft in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you being intentionally stupid?

People cannot claim credit for success if they do not claim responsibility for failure of the same.

You are the one who brought the board into things...which was daft in the first place.

Yes but right now the board isn't failing.. the coaches are. We are still doing brilliantly off the field and putting everything in front of Ken for him to do he's thing. Right now he's gameplan look stale and seems to have lost direction and admittedly said the players have... not good signs.

Like all good belief systems, a touch of evidence right now will go a long way to restoring my faith.

At the moment though, just hearing the 'good news' whilst all the evidence suggests otherwise is leaving me skeptical at best.

I still think Ken is one of the best coaches in the AFL. You don't have the years like 2013 & 2014 by luck or over-achieving. This is probably his biggest challenge since arriving at Alberton - his game plan has been countered and players are out of form. He needs to find a way through that works for our players and restores confidence.

I personally think Ken needs better support. Nicks is doing fine and if we lose him we might be in trouble.

Voss needs to go back to the drawing board, Edwards has the right ideas only half the time.

Perhaps Burgo should scale back the amount we run and put in some more weights training. Clearly being out-muscled atm.

This is the first time in all my time on this board that I have ever thought of putting someone on ignore.

When you do that you still see other people's replies without seeing what they're replying to and it all gets very confusing :drunk:

Give Ken a break. Tell me, has ANY coach, EVER, apart from Blight, had a dream run? I guess all you jumping off have never sustained a long term relationship with its ups and downs?
Who's jumping off? Just because there are some negative comments, it doesn't mean people won't be right behind the club. And Ken has made some mistakes this season - being the honest individual he is, I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it.

I just hope we get a decent crowd to the Bulldogs game on Saturday week. The local media will be baying for blood: the moment there's a sub 35k crowd, the accusations of "Port fans are fickle" will be quick to surface.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back