Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I hate the blues with a passion but even last night got me a little down, I turned to my brother in the 2nd quarter and said could you imagine the league with Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon as the best 3 teams? His answer was no but we both agreed we'd bloody love to see that. I think a strong Carlton can only be a good thing for footy again so.....

Who should and Would(for the CFC fans) Carlton trade for top draft picks?

Is it time they got extremely aggressive and and traded 2 or 3 of their better players to hold 5-6 top 20 picks?

What would Gibbs, Yarran, Murphy, Henderson and Walker demand in terms of a draft pick and what would you be willing to give up for these players?

All those mentioned were top 10 picks. What's to say that whomsoever they pick with trades that they get for them will improve the list in the long term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sign of the times when a Melbourne supporter is saying this...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

could you imagine the league with Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon as the best 3 teams? His answer was no but we both agreed we'd bloody love to see that.

That sounds awful.

I turned to my brother in the 2nd quarter and said could you imagine the league with Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon as the best 3 teams?

Looking over the past seasons and I came across this. I actually find it quite funny.

Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon and Richmond were the bottom 5 teams in the 2005 premiership season.

Gibbs had a shocker last night looked completely dis interested but is the type of personality that will have a strong game next week. Club loves Gibbs and vice versa so this is not going to happen. Murphy is another that won't be traded as same predicament with Gibbs - Yarran is another and Kreuzer the other.

Is all the blame to go on the players? Not sure and not sure I agree.

We need to improve the depth of talent on the list not rip away our best players. We simply don't have enough youth coming through to do that.

Personally my untouchables are - Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas, Simpson, Walker, Henderson, Buckley, Docherty, Cripps, Yarran, Menzel, Tuohy, Bell, Jaksch (this group is young enough and talented enough)

Will be very reluctant to trade Sheehan, Byrne, Everitt and Boekhorst,

You don't have to be Einstein to see when we have the ball we don't know what to do with it (no game plan). This is mainly due to the fact we are missing A-Grade key position players particularly at CHF + FF. Jaksch is two years away from being a regular CHB and in dire need of a Full Back.

Players like Rowe, Armfield, Ellard, Curnow, Jones, White, Watson, Warnock & the likes that should be shopped around or shipped out.

Will consider high first rounders for Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson and Yarran
Will consider late first round picks Kreuzer
will consider high to mid second round picks for Thomas, Bell, Walker, Jamison

Looking over the past seasons and I came across this. I actually find it quite funny.

Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon and Richmond were the bottom 5 teams in the 2005 premiership season.

Interesting. The year after was when the AFL started making changes to the priority pick.

All those mentioned were top 10 picks. What's to say that whomsoever they pick with trades that they get for them will improve the list in the long term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cos those players will be retired before their next premiership window whilst the draft picks potentially won't be.

Cripps is probably the only player on their list worth a first rounder.

Henderson? Menzel? Murphy and Gibbs should be worth a mid to late 1st rounder. Not really good enough for No.1 Picks though. Also someone will offer a good pick for Yarran.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back