Jan 24, 2006
Springfield
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGatto
anyone know how scissor saunders is going over in the sanfl? is he playing seniors?

Was flying for them in the pre-season and was looking the goods in R1, but hasn't played since due to a knee injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGatto
anyone know how scissor saunders is going over in the sanfl? is he playing seniors?

Was flying for them in the pre-season and was looking the goods in R1, but hasn't played since due to a knee injury.

Heard that he badly injured his knee early in the season. He would have played last wend however there was a general bye for the state game.

With the poor performance of the BFL last weekend and there relegation to Pool C , is anyone going to put there hand up and claim responsibility for the embarrasing performance........like a board member. Lets be honest, the reason why this comp is quickly dying is because fat cat board members do nothing to promote the comp or try to even up teams.

Lets try this ....introduce a points for player system like the EDFL and other comps are doing next year....that will even the comp up, make players play for less and help the clubs that financially struggle. Then games will be closer and crowds will come back and watch, that means money for the clubs. Then the lazy BFL board members with clubs that are finally being competitive, can promote an exciting league, an even league, and bring some interest back into the comp

The Board of the BFL have to take responsibility for where Bendigo footy is and thats a 3rd rate comp by VCFL rankings, there lack of action, inability to make tough decisions, and complete lack of professionalism is why this once great leage is the laughing stock of country footy. Get of your arse the BFL board and do something positive.

With the poor performance of the BFL last weekend and there relegation to Pool C , is anyone going to put there hand up and claim responsibility for the embarrasing performance........like a board member. Lets be honest, the reason why this comp is quickly dying is because fat cat board members do nothing to promote the comp or try to even up teams.

Lets try this ....introduce a points for player system like the EDFL and other comps are doing next year....that will even the comp up, make players play for less and help the clubs that financially struggle. Then games will be closer and crowds will come back and watch, that means money for the clubs. Then the lazy BFL board members with clubs that are finally being competitive, can promote an exciting league, an even league, and bring some interest back into the comp

The Board of the BFL have to take responsibility for where Bendigo footy is and thats a 3rd rate comp by VCFL rankings, there lack of action, inability to make tough decisions, and complete lack of professionalism is why this once great leage is the laughing stock of country footy. Get of your arse the BFL board and do something positive.
why dont u do something about it fatso

You obviously do not know much about rep footy & how country footy works. Firstly, the players who went had a real go but just got beaten by better sides and secondly none of the board members played so i don't how it can be their fault. The reality is that that our comp does not have the same depth of players as the teams we were playing because we do not pay the same. Every year we lose players to comps who are more financial. Your suggestion of making players play for less is laughable as this will see the more quality players leave the league and therefore drop the standard. The top players in our league already play for less than they can get elsewhere. As for the points system reducing match payments, Balranald has been on the points system! If the standard is to lift to very high level it starts at club level not Board Level. My suggestion is that if you don't understand something, don't be so critical

I'd just love to see Interleague footy return to the old format, loved watching it as a kid and still do.
Does it have the support of the players though?
And does it have a future?
Thoughts

I'd just love to see Interleague footy return to the old format, loved watching it as a kid and still do.
Does it have the support of the players though?
And does it have a future?
Thoughts

Not sure if it does. The old system meant that if you made it through to the final there was three wends of football to be played. This means the league has to fork out more money to transport and accommodate players/trainers and coaches which I'm not sure they would be keen on.

Another problem is that if you look at the players that went away and played in the carnival. Three of the four top sides made up 20 of the 28 man squad. The other top side, South Bendigo had 6 picked in the initial squad of 41 but, only one trained and played. It can't be fair when Eaglehawk, Gisborne and Golden Square are prepared to put the best players on the line and possibly lose them to injury but, South Bendigo take the soft approach. This soft approach is probably why they seem to always have a good list but, when the going gets tough during the finals series they go missing.

I would love to see the old format back. But, the above problems need to be addressed.

I had heard Saunders got injured early on in the season wasn't aware of what he had done to himself.

I doubt the old interleague format would come back it seems like to much hassle and too costly as Tony pointed out.

To get the best players involved there needs to be some sort of incentive. Otherwise the players will not be willing to risk themselves.

Also question for max i see that Aussy Jones is registered to play with ur mob. Isn't he the coach of the gippsland power? How does that fit in with how many games he can play?

i seem to recall south bundling square out of the finals race last year tony.

who are we to question reasons why people pull out of interleague? the soft approach? do you know every single one of these blokes and did you see them not working over the weekend?

apparently the boys had quite a large night on the Saturday... a few strolling in to their hotel rooms at 5am. Some of them (not all) just didn't take it seriously. Also heard the coaches gave it a good nudge too. Pretty hard to win games with a hangover

You obviously do not know much about rep footy & how country footy works. Firstly, the players who went had a real go but just got beaten by better sides and secondly none of the board members played so i don't how it can be their fault. The reality is that that our comp does not have the same depth of players as the teams we were playing because we do not pay the same. Every year we lose players to comps who are more financial. Your suggestion of making players play for less is laughable as this will see the more quality players leave the league and therefore drop the standard. The top players in our league already play for less than they can get elsewhere. As for the points system reducing match payments, Balranald has been on the points system! If the standard is to lift to very high level it starts at club level not Board Level. My suggestion is that if you don't understand something, don't be so critical

Totally agree with your comment about $.

The Bendigo Bombers (while providing an opportunity for local players to make up the numbers in the VFL reserves) take out about $75K+p.a. in sponsorship dollars.

If (or is it a matter of when) they leave, it will give BFL clubs more opportunity to attract more dollars to obtain some ex-AFL / VFL players to lift the competition standard.

Totally agree with your comment about $.

The Bendigo Bombers (while providing an opportunity for local players to make up the numbers in the VFL reserves) take out about $75K+p.a. in sponsorship dollars.

If (or is it a matter of when) they leave, it will give BFL clubs more opportunity to attract more dollars to obtain some ex-AFL / VFL players to lift the competition standard.

I think there are still plenty of sponsorship dollars to be made by Bendigo clubs. The problem is generally speaking the people that run the clubs are too busy with their own jobs and their own lives to spend considerable amounts of time in chasing up and developing sponsorship packages to the businesses.

Perhaps clubs need to exploit the Marketing students of LaTrobe university and offer minumum pay and experiance to help them get their foot in the door.

I know Golden Square successfully did this a few years back and were able to get two marketing students to dramatically increase their sponsorship. No payment was made to these two individuals and they both managed to land good jobs as a direct relation to the experiance they gained..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there are still plenty of sponsorship dollars to be made by Bendigo clubs. The problem is generally speaking the people that run the clubs are too busy with their own jobs and their own lives to spend considerable amounts of time in chasing up and developing sponsorship packages to the businesses.

Perhaps clubs need to exploit the Marketing students of LaTrobe university and offer minumum pay and experiance to help them get their foot in the door.

I know Golden Square successfully did this a few years back and were able to get two marketing students to dramatically increase their sponsorship. No payment was made to these two individuals and they both managed to land good jobs as a direct relation to the experiance they gained..

I love the idea Trickle. Giving youth a go and helping the football community at the same time.

Kyneton will open their account in more ways than one this week, first win for the year, first win on the QEO this century (I think), Cookies first win as coach etc. etc. Where has Jeff Bruce gone after a good debut last round. Good to see Page and Ellis lining up. Go Tigers.

Kyneton will open their account in more ways than one this week, first win for the year, first win on the QEO this century (I think), Cookies first win as coach etc. etc. Where has Jeff Bruce gone after a good debut last round. Good to see Page and Ellis lining up. Go Tigers.

Sorry Daz, the young Jayco Dragons managed a win today. Junior players showed the way. In 2-3 years time, will be interesting to see if this group can go anywhere with some bigger bodies recruited next year.

Hurst Ressies has an 80 point win, but the turn-up were the under 18's. Kyneton won by 4 points. Maybe there's some hope for the Tiges after all.

Looking fwd to tomorrow - South v Gis!

who do we rekon will finish up in 5th possie:confused:
maryboro looked good from all reports and the flat wasnt disgraced after bouncing back to almost steel it in the last quartr
and dont forget the maine theyll be right in it
dont rekon the dragons can make it .... they r a fair way off the pace of the other 3

who do we rekon will finish up in 5th possie:confused:
maryboro looked good from all reports and the flat wasnt disgraced after bouncing back to almost steel it in the last quartr
and dont forget the maine theyll be right in it
dont rekon the dragons can make it .... they r a fair way off the pace of the other 3

Castlemaine. M/Boro and Flat still have a ways to go, although much more competitive this year.

What's the news from Gisborne? They had a couple of weeks off and it did them no favours, that's for sure.

I thought South were very good, their tackle pressure was excellent, their run, speed of ball movement and use of the corridor gave their forwards plenty of opportunities one out. Perhaps the margin could have been a lot more had frew kicked better.

think i-ll go 4 castlmaine to finish up 5th big question for daryl and tiger fans can kynton win a game this year good on south for a big win over gissy draw didn't do gissy any favrs tho with bye and matches in sale and no hard games 4 a while

the tigers will have to wait till they play hurst at home 4 their first win and congrats to cookie on the arrival of his new baby boy

Im sick to death of defending Kyneton tigers, in the pre-season there were a few blokes out there slaging them off, and i said that they were rebuilding give them a go. Well they deserve to get as much slag from as many people as possible! :mad:
THEIR CRAP!
Not only are they crap on the field, but poor form off it as well. Young blokes out on the sauce and at a party (and good luck to them) and trying to make conversation with some paid senior players, and they get nothing. Not even a "sorry mate catch up with ya later" brush off. Just nothing. Poor poor form.
Top paid senior players need to realise that there time is up, they cant keep walking around town thinking their top sh!t. But then I think why not, why not think your awesome? Your in a town where no one knows ya, no one else is standing up or even turning up, so why not.? Just keep takin the money, the money that members, sponsers and supporters put into the club, they pay you to perform, and you are perfroming, right? To the very best of your ability, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back