What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally dont have to many problems with the Bendigo league but the prospect of less travel and renewed rivalries with Sunbury and co is very enticing. I dont think it would be unrealistic to suggest a crowd of 1500 or more people (i think we had 250 against undefeated South Bendigo a couple of weeks ago) could turn up for a home and away game against Sunbury or Darley. Home finals are always nice as well (imagine playing Gisborne at the graveyard in a final).

I'm not involved this year but from the clubs point of few i guess they weigh up the pro's and con's and then i believe its up to the members.

Personally i think the Ballarat deal may just be to good to refuse

i'm hearing ya bears boy. have not been impressed with crowd attendance at all this year. about 15 people at the sandhurst game on a sunday at the QEO a few weeks ago. Why does the league persist with this stupid notion they will get bigger crowds on a sunday. and while i am talking about sunday football why is there any football on a long weekend. talk about ##cking peoples plans up. why wasnt there a bye this weekend and ditch the split round later on? about a 150 at strathfieldsaye three weeks ago and where were all their supporters? (supposed 500 membership). best crowd so far was the south game at the graveyard. hopefully the square gets a decent home crowd on sunday to watch scissors's first game in 18 months with gizzy. go doggies.

hats off to kyneton today, proved how much of a d1ckhead club they are, cant play footy, so they try fight young kids and still get beat, go to another league alredy u jokes
Stormboy can you give us an intelligent opinion on this game?

really sums up the story at kyneton, u have a bunch of ******** followers, u r going nowhere, so do us all a favour and p1ss off to a minor league

oi **** head ur team has been in the league for not even half a season and now your telling teams to leave the league.. chances are you are linked with that imbersole girl in the grand stand that uses the most appauling language ever and the worst thing is she has 3 young kids sitting with her, great example she is setting isnt she.
And saying we went out and were fighting your young kids i can say for a face that in the main fight we had 2 19 year olds 4 18 year olds and a 15 year old figthing, so that shows your knowledge on the game you *** wit.. the only reason your club is any good (which they hardly are) is becasue they have the same 3 or 4 players every week make your team competive.

oi **** head ur team has been in the league for not even half a season and now your telling teams to leave the league.. chances are you are linked with that imbersole girl in the grand stand that uses the most appauling language ever and the worst thing is she has 3 young kids sitting with her, great example she is setting isnt she.
And saying we went out and were fighting your young kids i can say for a face that in the main fight we had 2 19 year olds 4 18 year olds and a 15 year old figthing, so that shows your knowledge on the game you *** wit.. the only reason your club is any good (which they hardly are) is becasue they have the same 3 or 4 players every week make your team competive.

haha, thanks for the insight, where abouts will u put this years wooden spoon...just build to the collection

haha, thanks for the insight, where abouts will u put this years wooden spoon...just build to the collection

Just be careful there kookas, Kyneton FC is a proud club with a long history and die hard supporters. They have had glory years and some struggling ones too. Supporters and players can see there are some good things ahead. This time next year they might even take that spoon that your predicting and give you guys a little tap on the backside as they pass on the ladder.

Stormboy can you give us an intelligent opinion on this game?
Sorry, can not report anything about the match or the day, as I wasn't at Kyneton due to other commitments.

In regards to bearsboys comment Re: The Gisborne home match, you're more than welcome to view our membership register to see the names of 500+ financial members of the Club. As for the poor crowd attendance on the day, it is common knowledge amongst the league that Gisborne doesn't support away matches well. On the day, I would have estimated a crowd of 200 of which 150 of those in attendance were Storm members. Our gate revenue for the day was very dismal - impacted by the fact that Gisborne had only 1 out of 4 netball teams represented on the day. This obviously doesn't assist in crowd numbers now, does it. I'm more than happy to predict that the return match at Gisborne will provide your club with stronger than normal gate takings - but then again we may return the favour...

Hopefully the BalFL would put stipulations into the condition of entry into their league, should Gisborne seek admission, that the Club is able to field a full compliment of football and netball teams.

Its a wonder why the BenFL doesn't impose this on current member clubs - considering this was one of Strath's main conditions of entry into the BenFL for admission ???

Just be careful there kookas, Kyneton FC is a proud club with a long history and die hard supporters. They have had glory years and some struggling ones too. Supporters and players can see there are some good things ahead. This time next year they might even take that spoon that your predicting and give you guys a little tap on the backside as they pass on the ladder.
I'm with you there Meltdown - just be careful Kookas...
Karma is a bitch !

Won't be happening anytime soon I would imagine.strath will only grow stronger the longer there in the comp, Kyneton how ever will need a miracle to lift itself off the bottom of the ladder.

How come at 3/4 time when it was raining there were only two of your supporters around the huddle, but Kyneton had 100 odd supporters around their huddle? What a rubbish bunch of supporters you guys have.

How come at 3/4 time when it was raining there were only two of your supporters around the huddle, but Kyneton had 100 odd supporters around their huddle? What a rubbish bunch of supporters you guys have.

how come we have 500+ members, no support i guess

Away team on a long weekend. I will be taking notes of how many Kyneton supporters are at the huddle on the return game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but there is absolutely no substance in this post. 'it's different this time' and 'they've done their research' are nothing statements, and further more impossible for you to know anything about, even Gisborne officials are quoted to not knowing much about it. The BalFL is a professional organisation and would of put in excellent, and well prepared proposals previously, and to suggest otherwise is fairly fanciful. Hence I will reiterate my view that I can't see how this time will be any different.

Gisborne coach Ty Elliot disagrees, his interview on 3BO's after the siren pits his own view, and possibly the views of his players, against yours.
The following are points made by Ty straight fom the horses mouth in that interview...

- It's never been an inconvenience (the travel)

- It's a better climate then the weather you see in the BalFL

- We're comfortable in the BenFL

- I won't be pushing for us to change leagues, I don't see the point
Maybe the best defence for the Board of the Bendigo League is attack. Why not go out and invite Sunbury to join the Bendigo League! This would also provide the Gisborne v Sunbury rivalry that many seek. The Board could use Ty Elliott's comments about better weather conditions to sell their case - after all (for Sunbury) Gisborne and Kyneton are just up the road and Castlemaine not all that far away either.

Gisborne would have to be influenced by what their players want so while I can see the merits in a move to the Ballarat League, I don't think the move is an open and shut case.
The Bendigo Board need to be proactive and my suggestion above (approaching Sunbury) is one move they could make.

Maybe the best defence for the Board of the Bendigo League is attack. Why not go out and invite Sunbury to join the Bendigo League! This would also provide the Gisborne v Sunbury rivalry that many seek. The Board could use Ty Elliott's comments about better weather conditions to sell their case - after all (for Sunbury) Gisborne and Kyneton are just up the road and Castlemaine not all that far away either.

Gisborne would have to be influenced by what their players want so while I can see the merits in a move to the Ballarat League, I don't think the move is an open and shut case.
The Bendigo Board need to be proactive and my suggestion above (approaching Sunbury) is one move they could make.

Don't worry bout better weather conditions what about better grounds. Every time i've been to Golden Square the ground is in terrible condition either a mud heap or a dust bowl

No disrespect to Ty but he is not a Gisborne person who grew up watching Johnny Fitz and co play against Sunba. He needs to support the league he is currently in as coach so his comments were the "toe the line" comments
Every player that I have spoken to have given the move a big thumbs up. They all want less travel and bigger crowds. You will not get that in the Benfl.

hats off to kyneton today, proved how much of a d1ckhead club they are, cant play footy, so they try fight young kids and still get beat, go to another league alredy u jokes

Yeah, awesome suggestion mate.

How about you go make it to some people that matter instead of anonymously on an internet forum?

Eileen Riordan would be the first person you should call, Treasurer of the club for 30 years and still a very active committee member.

Ox Law would love to hear your reasoning when he isn't working his arse off to make the place better as president.

Shane Muir, Bobby Beare, Tony Kelly & Terry Mangan, all 200+ game senior players would be interested I'm sure.

Morrie Smith would be happy to accommodate you as well, been a trainer for more years than your father has been born sunshine.

On second thoughts, don't go see Morrie........he'd knock your head off (he's old school).

Yeh, go and see all those people, and explain to them why such a highly credentialled player (and from your posting on every single district board, I am gathering you are a VERY handy twos player) from a manufactured side from a manufactured shitty suburb should be listened to.

Then get back to me.

Yeah, awesome suggestion mate.

How about you go make it to some people that matter instead of anonymously on an internet forum?

Eileen Riordan would be the first person you should call, Treasurer of the club for 30 years and still a very active committee member.

Ox Law would love to hear your reasoning when he isn't working his arse off to make the place better as president.

Shane Muir, Bobby Beare, Tony Kelly & Terry Mangan, all 200+ game senior players would be interested I'm sure.

Morrie Smith would be happy to accommodate you as well, been a trainer for more years than your father has been born sunshine.

On second thoughts, don't go see Morrie........he'd knock your head off (he's old school).

Yeh, go and see all those people, and explain to them why such a highly credentialled player (and from your posting on every single district board, I am gathering you are a VERY handy twos player) from a manufactured side from a manufactured shitty suburb should be listened to.

Then get back to me.

Whilst I take and agree with your points in relation to the hard efforts that you're committee people have sacrificed over the years, your comments about Strathfieldsaye being a manufactured suburb and team I resent. First of all we are a township - just like Kyneton, and we are no more a manufactured township than what Kyneton was during the goldrush era.

Schools, shops have been all developed out of necessity due to population growth, just as your forefathers did in Kyneton over a century ago. Our footy club is no more manufactured, than what your club was over 100 years ago - just that it has happened in a different era. Like your ancestors, our club was formed by local community members with the aim to support the local expanding community.

If you want to talk about manufactured sides - then comment on the Bendigo Bombers...

Whilst I take and agree with your points in relation to the hard efforts that you're committee people have sacrificed over the years, your comments about Strathfieldsaye being a manufactured suburb and team I resent. First of all we are a township - just like Kyneton, and we are no more a manufactured township than what Kyneton was during the goldrush era.

Schools, shops have been all developed out of necessity due to population growth, just as your forefathers did in Kyneton over a century ago. Our footy club is no more manufactured, than what your club was over 100 years ago - just that it has happened in a different era. Like your ancestors, our club was formed by local community members with the aim to support the local expanding community.

If you want to talk about manufactured sides - then comment on the Bendigo Bombers...

Fair enough mate.

The last sentence was poorly phrased and is offensive to Strathfieldsaye and it's community, so I do apologise.

I don't feel any need for you to apologise for some of the fools that support you, but believe me, as a long time Kyneton stalwart - you are better off without flogs like "go kookas".

Just curious about this point, is the BalFL offering the new club rooms and if so at the leagues expense ?

Yes. They are sub standard - and the Balfl want gissy. Just another carrot. But with the lower teams dropping off in the BalFL Gissy will be a great help to keep the standard up. Sometimes you have to give to get.

Talking to a couple of Bendigo blokes up there yesterday and they said the board and the clubs dont give a rats if Gisborne leave.

Fair enough mate.

The last sentence was poorly phrased and is offensive to Strathfieldsaye and it's community, so I do apologise.

I don't feel any need for you to apologise for some of the fools that support you, but believe me, as a long time Kyneton stalwart - you are better off without flogs like "go kookas".

No worries - apology accepted. Have told Kooka to pull their head in - comments like that no way improve this forum, so can understand your anger on that one :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back