What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all the clubs in the Bendigo League, which clubs would have had the most VFL/AFL footballers and who would be the most famous. I know Diesel Williams was from Golden Square, John Nicholls from Maryborough and Matty Rosa of recent time, who else?

From all the clubs in the Bendigo League, which clubs would have had the most VFL/AFL footballers and who would be the most famous. I know Diesel Williams was from Golden Square, John Nicholls from Maryborough and Matty Rosa of recent time, who else?

Selwoods from Hurst would be the biggest profile. (Sylvia, Brown, Thompson)

Sylvia's from Mildura, played pioneers though.
Matty Rosa's not from Bendigo, his family only lives here so i don't think we can claim him.

Golden Square list is
Greg Williams
Nathan Brown
Wayne Campbell
Ricky Nixon
Rick Ladson
Leigh Colbert(played Juniors at Square)??
Just to name a few...very handy

Yablett, i'm not sure where you plucked those comments from? I'm not of that opinion and never will be.
Square will be ok.

Max why are you back peddling, you told me the other night that square are week as pi$$ and you were the only one with any real ticker there and since youve moved on their softer than silk.

Sylvia's from Mildura, played pioneers though.
Matty Rosa's not from Bendigo, his family only lives here so i don't think we can claim him.

Golden Square list is
Greg Williams
Nathan Brown
Wayne Campbell
Ricky Nixon
Rick Ladson
Leigh Colbert(played Juniors at Square)??
Just to name a few

Eaglehawk
Peter Pianto
Greg Kennedy
Rod Ashman
Des English
Jarryn Geary (Drafted last year)

Eaglehawk
Peter Pianto
Greg Kennedy
Rod Ashman
Des English
Jarryn Geary (Drafted last year)

not sure on the early days but more recient players from
sandhurts-
Adam selwooed
Troy selwood
Joel selwood
Scott selwood
Nick dalsanto
Jordan Doring
Blake?
Andrew collins
colud possibly be more.......

not sure on the early days but more recient players from
sandhurts-
Adam selwooed
Troy selwood
Joel selwood
Scott selwood
Nick dalsanto
Jordan Doring
Blake?
Andrew collins
colud possibly be more.......

Geoff Southby
Trevour Keogh
Brendan Hartney
Graham Arthur
Fred Swift
Brian Walsh
Des Dixon

I think Sandhurst would have the most VFL/AFL players

Be interesting for the VCFL to pick a representative team of the best of the VFL/AFL players from each league and compare the leagues. Looking at the names there would be some strong sides.

Be interesting for the VCFL to pick a representative team of the best of the VFL/AFL players from each league and compare the leagues. Looking at the names there would be some strong sides.

Bendigo would certainly be up there as one of the strongest i would think , we all know how well Carlton went out of Bendigo when we were their zoned area

Bendigo would certainly be up there as one of the strongest i would think , we all know how well Carlton went out of Bendigo when we were their zoned area

Bendigo would be for sure. It's a shame they've dropped off a little more in recent times, but I think there are a lot of positive signs to suggest the BFL is starting to turn things around. Don't think the Bombers have helped, that's for sure. The Hampden league would have to be up there as one of the best feeder districts, as would the Ballarat region.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yet to get a tip right but this week i am on fire studied the weather and think no games will be a blow out. My much awaited tips are
Golden Square by a 1 point
Castlemaine by 7 points
Kyneton by 3 points
Gisborne and Sandhurst to share the points after the banks of the jacksons creek bust and the graveyard disappears at approx. 6.30 into the 2nd quarter.
Yet again my Gisborne tip looks the goods Get On.
Can anyone there tell the runner how the new coach of Castlemaine is going? big raps on him. Can he coach?

Can anyone there tell the runner how the new coach of Castlemaine is going? big raps on him. Can he coach?
Elliott is playing this week in the grudge match against Kyneton, which if they win, would see Castlemaine slip into the five. The question might be can he coach and play? The tigers have included an ex A.F.L. player in Jeff Bruce Who will make a big difference and see the tiges take the points at the Showgrounds. Other winners will be Square, South and Eaglehawk.

Just been to Bendigo and I hear the Bendigo League are letting in a new club. I may be behind the times but can someone fill me in on how it is going and the impact on the other clubs in bendigo and surrounding leagues.

Just been to Bendigo and I hear the Bendigo League are letting in a new club. I may be behind the times but can someone fill me in on how it is going and the impact on the other clubs in bendigo and surrounding leagues.

Strathfieldsaye have been chatting with both the BFL and HDFL I think. Word has it they'll generate plenty of interest from sponsors should they go straight into the BFL, but wont if the got to HDFL. Pretty sure they told the HDFL should they opt to go with them it will be for 4-5 years only as they believe by then they'll be too strong for district competition.

Either way it's exciting for those involved with the new venture, and those residents living out that side of town :thumbsu:

Elliott is playing this week in the grudge match against Kyneton, which if they win, would see Castlemaine slip into the five. The question might be can he coach and play? The tigers have included an ex A.F.L. player in Jeff Bruce Who will make a big difference and see the tiges take the points at the Showgrounds. Other winners will be Square, South and Eaglehawk.
He was a playing coach at darley a few years back where they made the finals every year. I dont no if his body is up to it. How old is he? he looks around 40

Hi everyone,

the Doc is back. Long time between drinks.
My poor young Jayco Dragons got a thumping, how did everyone else go?

All the teams that are expected to win are.

If anyone is looking for something to do this saterday there is a bus running from bendigo up to Macorna football club for a day of grass roots footy.
-Bus leaving QEO at 10:30 am Sat 31st May
-Returning QEO at 7:30pm that night
-Cost $80 includes, Bus up and back,entry to groud, food and beer from 12 till game finishes.
Cheap day and lots of fun to be had. contact CHEAP SEATS on 0409007091:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

If anyone is looking for something to do this saterday there is a bus running from bendigo up to Macorna football club for a day of grass roots footy.
-Cost $80 includes, Bus up and back,entry to groud, food and beer from 12 till game finishes.
Cheap day and lots of fun to be had. contact CHEAP SEATS on 0409007091:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Where is Macorna?

I recognise that mobile number..... Capt'n Sandhurst!!
If it's who I think it is, a good time will be assured!

Where is Macorna?

Macorna is about 25km bendigo side of kerang. It takes just over an hour to get there from bendigo. It should be a great game as both sides on saturday are 1 and 2 playing for to spot and no love lost between Macorna and Wandella over the years.
X bendigo player coaches Wandella (Ash Wilson).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back