Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predestination- Interesting sci-fi based on a paradox starring Sarah Snook, Ethan Hawke & Noah Taylor. Fans of films like Primer and Pi should find this enjoyable and Sarah Snook is very good in the lead and reminded of a young Leonardo DiCaprio. See it and you will know what I mean, haha. Solid 3 and a half stars.

Next on the list for me, An Infinite Man.

Predestination- Interesting sci-fi based on a paradox starring Sarah Snook, Ethan Hawke & Noah Taylor. Fans of films like Primer and Pi should find this enjoyable and Sarah Snook is very good in the lead and reminded of a young Leonardo DiCaprio. See it and you will know what I mean, haha. Solid 3 and a half stars.

Next on the list for me, An Infinite Man.
Yeah :eek::thumbsu:
I didn't rate this film that highly either but that performance from her was superb

Sin City 2
its been so long since the first incarnation of the Sin City franchise. so long that even at movies end i still couldnt piece together recurring characters to original storyline. why oh why do you Mr Miller did you wait so long? sigh.

having said that i thoroughly enjoyed it. something for everyone....violence, nude eva green, hulking male leads. Like its predecessor, SC2 contrasted the beautiful side of humanity against the dark and corrupt world. The striking use of light and shade fleshed out what I felt Miller was aiming for.

Star studded cast including everyones favourite mummy Jess Alba, Mickey rourke who reprises his henchman role. Powers Boothe, now there's a name that would fit into old town, is the corrupt senator named Roark. man, that got confusing (rourke vs roark). oh President from 24 is in it too!

females parts were well casted. the powerful rosario dawson, manipulating/evil/strikingly cunning eva green who uses her assets to get what she wants, my crush jamie chung as a ninja esque warrior.

others of note include Ari Gold, ray liotta and christopher lloyd as well a doctor. oh and josh brolin as the love sick sucker with a torn conscience.

as i said, enjoyed this movie a lot. i give it

sin_city_marv_avatar_picture_68327.jpg
/5

Anyone seen Boyhood? Worth watching at all??

Just seems to have a limited release, isn't showing anywhere particularly close to where I am..

I'm not so much of a Linklater fan but must say I really enjoyed this.
It's not so much that I don't admire his film-making but just don't always care for the themes.

Have to give it to the guy though, to have made such a movie given the way he's gone about it.............12 years in the making.
12 years of following a kids venture into manhood.

3 hours long but all in all, but a master work if one cares to not get bored. 8/10

THE MAZE RUNNER
Went in completely clueless about the plot, cast etc as i sometimes like to do. Mistake. Had i known this would be another franchise movie (alla Hunger Games) i would have opted for something else. Not that it was a bad movie, it wasn't, i enjoyed it, i just wanted to watch a film in which the plot concluded.

OUT OF THE FURNACE
Woody Harrelson, Christian Bale, Zoe Saldana, Casey Affleck. Woody was bad ass and Casey shows he's still a worthy actor.
6.5/10

Last edited:
Houdini - Quite good but very long as expected for a 2 part TV movie.
Adrian Brody always puts everything into his roles and it's also quite interesting how it shows the way most of the tricks and illusions were performed.
7/10

Yeah, Fruitvale Station was good.

Watched Coherence on this threads recommendation. Thought it was rather good. For some reason I didnt like the characters that much, I guess self important dinner party yupppies kinda s**t me . However the plot was excellent. A really clever use of the parallel universe theme.
Emily Baldoni is super hot, I'll be looking out for her in future.
8/10 from me.

Oh snap, what are the odds? I watched Fruitvale Station last night.

It was good but a little propaganda-ish, which sort of made me mad. Like the creators thought I wouldn't feel bad unless the character was a crazy nice guy.

Fruitvale was fairly good, but not good enough to really stand out from the herd. It's also a film that is enjoyable enough in the moment, but instantly disagreeable to an extent on reflection.

Tim's Vermeer

I am not an art buff my any means but after the review on ATM, thought I would give it a look & found it a fascinating doco. That Tim is one smart cookie, if not a little nuts.

7/10

that was a great recomendation man. The inventer has the patience of a saint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prisoners 5.5/10

I imagine a lot of people will like it more than me but nothing really hit the mark for me. Not shocking enough to freak me out, not puzzling enough to keep me guessing. I read that the performances were excellent but, for better or worse, I believe even the shittiest of acting so it doesn't matter to me.

Prisoners 5.5/10

I imagine a lot of people will like it more than me but nothing really hit the mark for me. Not shocking enough to freak me out, not puzzling enough to keep me guessing. I read that the performances were excellent but, for better or worse, I believe even the shittiest of acting so it doesn't matter to me.
Harsh. I thought Jake Gyllenhaal was very good but I am a big fan of his. But I thought Hugh Jackman was terrible.

7/10 for me.

The Equalizer (8/10) - my kind of film

Was a tad apprehensive because I grew up with the tv series. But I needn't have worried. Would you believe that Denzel is older now than Edward Woodward was when the final tv episode aired?

Maps to the Stars

Well that was weird, think I got it but will have to watch again, good to see Cusack returning to form, MiaW & Moore very good as per usual with Moore winning best actress at Cannes for her performance, this could have been a very annoying flick & I suspect many will find it so...& did I say 'weird' already? 7.5/10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back