Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor (2011)

A great casting choice and a great performance by Chris Hemsworth. The acting, casting, fight scenes, effects and everything else in the movie was good.... but not great. Nothing really stuck out to me as anything amazing. The story itself dragged on a bit and lacked a bit of awesomeness most superhero films should have. I liken it to Iron Man. The movie is good, in the way that it presents such a unique universe to the big screen, but because of it's need to set up the story, it lacks a bit of energy. And the rewatchability of this movie is a distinct zero.

Also, the whole "protagonist changes into a wise and good man" trope is all well and good..... but I thought they did it absolutely terrible in this movie. At no point in this movie did I see a specific scene where I go "okay, this is a character changing scene for the protagonist". It's like, all of a sudden, he knows not to be a douche anymore, and you don't see that realisation or him realistically working it out for himself. It's like he's a robot that can change between personality settings of douche and not a douche.

6.5/10

Stretch - I love Patrick Wilson. Great actor and always seems to be in movies that I enjoy watching. This was no different. Very 80s in style. Little bit hit n miss in parts but overall enjoyable and a good laugh. 7/10

John Wick

Another "series of events leads guy to unleash mad killing skillz" genre movie.

5/10

Boyhood - Just the background of this movie, how it was made etc. is epic. The fact we got to see the same actors play the same roles over the space of 12 years is incredible. Beyond anything i've seen before. The movie itself, it wasnt without fault. I thought some parts were kitchy as hell - like the hispanic person who returns late - but overall, the development arc, the acting of the main characters was outstanding. 9/10

Into The Storm - meh, poor mans "Twister". 4/10

Extraterrestrials - not bad for cheesy sci/fi - horror.
No real scares and only minor gore but the aliens look very cool. 5/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Babadook : Aussie horror flick, not much to write home about here, 4/10

Child of God : Strange tale of a hermit like dude who roams the countryside rifle in hand, living off the grid, necrophiliac, murderer, chicken stealer, directed by and also a bit part by James Franco 6/10

Kill the Messenger

Based on the true story of Gary Webb, the journalist who exposed the CIA for organising the smuggling of cocaine into the US to fund the war in Nicaragua.

Really good movie.

8.5/10

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So worth seeing???
Definitely worth seeing. Not the greatest film ever made, but some genuinely tense moments, some issues thoughtfully examined and some good solid battle scenes.
I thoroughly enjoyed it.
7.5/10

Lone Wolf McQuade - 1983 - Chuck Norris at his best, kicking arse on Kill (David Carradine) Bill. Action packed...:thumbsu:

6/10

Hercules

staring the Rock and his band of merry warriors (2 x Scandinavians and a brit) against one or more armies...

watched on plane last night which adds to a films value given little else to do.

entertaining for the sake of violence. one major error was when he herc was being presented to the king. rock was carrying his club, next scene a sword, club, club etc.

Nice gimmick? Really? That's what it was about?

This was one of the few movies that achieved something fresh in cinema.

Not really fresh, very similiar to the Up documentaries started 50 years ago. And it was a gimmick because the movie had nothing else to offer in terms of plot, acting etc.

Put it this way if they hadnt used the same actor at different ages over 10 years and had everything else the same in the movie (plot, direction) it would not have even been spoken about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back