Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interstellar - This was flawless to me. I'm sure if i sat down and did a scene by scene etc. i would find plot holes and stuff but im a man that likes to rate my movies on feel and i was completely and utterly captivated and overwhelmed by this from the first second to the last second. On top of that i walked away knowing that pieces of it would stay with me for a while and that's the case. In terms of the metrics it was perfectly directed and paced (2 and a half hours literally flew by) the actors and the characters were engaging and rounded (McConaugheys career resurgence is a thing of beauty, much like Lazarus really *wink wink*) and the score/sound make your heart swell up or race exactly when it was meant to. Rating may change in the coming days but in the afterglow of it 10/10.

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wow, incredibly controversial.

Maybe I was a bit too harsh.

Coz it's the (unintentionally) funniest movie I've seen this year.

Seriously, there's some stuff in there where I absolutely pi$$sed myself laughing.

Right up there with The Howling III: The Marsupials, except that was clearly taking the piss...

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I quite enjoyed Mockingjay part 1, it was always going to be a big build up film to the second one. It is also so different to the first two without there being an actual hunger games in it.

I was expecting it to finish about 5 minutes earlier, but all in all I thought they did a good job. Looking forward to the second one.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Maze Runner - good idea for a movie but is pretty average. Probably to do with all kids and no-one really shines in it. Also dont like how they leave it open to a sequel and get no real insight into what was really going on. Heck, why does the helicopter just fly into the encampment?

The Mule - average aussie film, although hugo weaving is as good and creepy as ever and Angus Sampson plays what appears to be the only character he has ever played, the dumb bogan aussie.

Nightcrawler (2014)

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them"

Excellent film.

For me, Jake Gyllenhaal really channels Anthony Perkins from Pyscho (1960) & Robert De Niro as Max Cady in Cape Fear (1991).

With a ending like it did, Nightcrawler 2 cannot be far away.

Jul 25, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
2isuq1l.jpg

Speaking of screeners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back