Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predestination - Quite confusing but good in a bizarre way. 6/10

The Devil Inside - Mockumentary of an Exorcist type story. Some decent scares. 6/10

Grace; the Possession - Filmed in first person perspective I only got about 15 minutes into this utter pile of steaming turd...

Under the Skin - dont really understand the hate by some for this one. I found it quite refreshing. 6/10

Fury : Never realised a tank could carry so many shells and ammo packs, not too bad 6/10
Not to mention it seemed almost like a TARDIS inside...

Think a thought process behind this post would have to have more than just a bit of racism behind it.
That makes no sense. That's like saying "you noticing the KKK only targeting black people makes you the racist". It was a strange moment in the film.

One more thing re Mockingjay:

Why was there a district entirely of black people that looked like it was two centuries behind every other district? Would love to know the thought process behind that.

the black district was of the same age as all others. i did not think they were a more primative than others

Why was it strange? Why did you even notice they were black, surely they were just a group of actors?
An entire district being one race is something noticeable.

Anyway, it's hardly the biggest issue in the world we're debating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, I wouldn't notice it. I suppose you're against the black stormtrooper in the new Star Wars film as well?
...so me asking why they made the black district look poor/behind the other districts, and that that seems bizarre to me = me not liking black people?

Right...

...so me asking why they made the black district look poor/behind the other districts, and that that seems bizarre to me = me not liking black people?

Right...

I didn't say you were against black people, just that you seem to have an unhealthy obsession about the race of individual actors in certain positions, rather than them just being people which is disappointing.

I didn't say you were against black people, just that you seem to have an unhealthy obsession about the race of individual actors in certain positions, rather than them just being people which is disappointing.
One instance = unhealthy obsession?

Righto.

You seem pretty defensive about it too, if you weren't racist I don't think me asking you about it would bother you.
"You're racist"
"No I'm not"
"You seem pretty defensive. If you weren't racist it wouldn't bother you"

Okay.

We're going around in circles here and derailing the thread. Let's move on.

Oh ffs you two, take it to the politics and religion board. :$

The Guest - not all bad, but the ending was weak as piss. 4/10

A Midnight Clear - pretty solid WWII flick. 6.5/10

Conversations With Other Women 7.5/10

Lots of good stuff in this. Major downside was seeing Aaron Eckhart's eminently punch-able mug macking onto Helena Bonham-Carter.

Conversations With Other Women 7.5/10

Lots of good stuff in this. Major downside was seeing Aaron Eckhart's eminently punch-able mug macking onto Helena Bonham-Carter.
I remember really liking this and some of the filming techniques along with the interesting dialogue. Also cool seeing Olivia Wilde in a little cameo. She's a pretty big star now.

I remember really liking this and some of the filming techniques along with the interesting dialogue. Also cool seeing Olivia Wilde in a little cameo. She's a pretty big star now.
Was pretty surprised when I went digging into the director and found he'd done so little. And never went into a cinema until he was 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back