Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill for. 8/10

Eva Green was the stand out for me, really great in it. Stacey Keach, Josh Brolin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Jessica Alba were all great in it too. Biggest let down was probably Marv (Mickey Rourke), was really good in the first one but didn't like him in this one. Worthy sequel but not quite as good as the 1st.

More and more theatres saying they won't be screening The Interview. Absolute cowards.

im sure they would have assessed the risk involved and made judgement accordingly. the threat made to sony is something they took seriously. and consider ManWithNoName everything that's gone on in the past week, does one want to risk something major this close to christmas? the happenings of 15/12 (sydney siege) are fresh in everyones minds.

patience is what is required here.

patience.

Reckon The Cruiser is an incredibly underrated actor.

Already been pointed out, but he's been a shrewd judge over the years. The Color of Money and Rain Man are great examples. At that point in his career, he was absolutely perfect for those roles. Even more amazing was how he was willing to pretty much play 2nd banana in those films. Mind you, it was to Newman and Hoffman. But still.

Could afford to mix it up a bit more. Seems to be saving the world in almost every movie these days. Love to see him take some more challenging roles like Magnolia - robbed of the Oscar! - and Collateral...

& came close to another Oscar win with Born on the Fourth of July, did win the GG for that tho.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Cruise pick up an Oscar in his older years much the same as Paul Newman did with his win for The Color of Money, after being denied for so long. Not saying Cruise is as good as Newman, but there is an argument to say he is the 'Newman' of his generation & the Academy do have precedence in recognising those that missed out the probably shouldn't.

Being the highly bankable commodity he is there will be plenty of good roles for Cruise for as long as he wants them (as long as he keeps away from Oprah...)

im sure they would have assessed the risk involved and made judgement accordingly. the threat made to sony is something they took seriously. and consider ManWithNoName everything that's gone on in the past week, does one want to risk something major this close to christmas? the happenings of 15/12 (sydney siege) are fresh in everyones minds.

patience is what is required here.

patience.
Looks like Sony has cancelled any cinematic release. It's extremely unfortunate but safety must come first. I hope the film gets out somewhere though.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-...troversial-north-korea-film-interview/5975070

Tried to watch legion the other nite.

it lost me when they said all the way doing was testing our strengths, next they'll test our weakneses.

It's pretty funny though that they still released Team America though...
Some cinemas are showing Team America in place of The Interview. Trolling North Korea.

Obviously Kim Jong Un is a bit more sensitive than his dad.

Have to admit the reaction by North Korea is infinity more entertaining than the movie was looking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

& came close to another Oscar win with Born on the Fourth of July, did win the GG for that tho.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Cruise pick up an Oscar in his older years much the same as Paul Newman did with his win for The Color of Money, after being denied for so long. Not saying Cruise is as good as Newman, but there is an argument to say he is the 'Newman' of his generation & the Academy do have precedence in recognising those that missed out the probably shouldn't.

Being the highly bankable commodity he is there will be plenty of good roles for Cruise for as long as he wants them (as long as he keeps away from Oprah...)
I like Cruise's films but he's not exactly picking roles like say, Simple Jack to try and land an Oscar.

Maybe one day but not anytime soon based on his recent role choices. He just loves doing action and sci fi now.

Nightcrawler. Hilarious. Utterly. Gyllenhaal's scary is all in his eyes.

Dawn of the Planet Apes. Such a downer. Damn that hate -filled ape.

The Naked Gun

Just gets better with age. Compared to some modern comedies this one just kills it. Leslie Neilsen a genius. 5 stars. Also watched the old Police Squad series. Every episode on YouTube checkk it out if you haven't seen em. Similar to Naked Gun but a little more original/different.

Storm Boy

An Aussie classic I saw in school but did not remember. Thought it was nice to watch a simple kids movie, don't know if kids today would sit through it all. Simple story, but paints a great picture about people living isolated lives. 3.5 stars.

Birdman

Great performances and I loved the almost all drumming soundtrack. I'm still not sure what the point of it all was. It seemed to be a story about where art and popularity try to meet, the idea of the has-been vs youth, and what being true to yourself really means. But I dunno, I'm not sure if it left me with any message in the end. The editing is pretty cool and different, even people who do not take notice of things like editing will notice and appreciate what they have done in this movie. 3 stars. Maybe more if i watch again and 'get it'.

Gone Girl

Not the predictable bore I was expecting it to be. Pike is pathological to the extreme. Affleck is gifted at being smarmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back