Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild

Dickhead's life turns to s**t. She goes on a long walk. The end.

Reese Witherspoon can be such a vampire on screen. She has an uncanny ability to suck the life out of a movie. Also, her nostrils really annoy me. Especially when they flare up like a dragon. Just wanna jam some plugs up there.

Every step taken on her plodding "journey to self-discovery" (cynical vanity project) leaves behind an Oscar bait footprint.

The more she suffered throughout the film, the more I enjoyed it...

whats not to like?;)

she is certainly the most overrated' hot chick' in Hollywood.

What makes her a 'hot chick' in Hollywood? I mean, they're successful actors so they're almost certainly going to be better looking than most. But I don't think she really promotes herself as a sex symbol, or isn't a Megan Fox type where she just shows cleavage etc over acting prowess?

I think she's a decent actor (was great in Election).

THE GAMBLER

Yeeeeeah i dunno , like the ending ( and the song ) , liked where they left it but can't say i was in tears of joy for him.

Absolute campaigner and now he's gonna slay some 19yo pussy ??......* him

6/10 cos i'm a better guy than he was

Last edited:
What makes her a 'hot chick' in Hollywood? I mean, they're successful actors so they're almost certainly going to be better looking than most. But I don't think she really promotes herself as a sex symbol, or isn't a Megan Fox type where she just shows cleavage etc over acting prowess?

I think she's a decent actor (was great in Election).
Serious? Yeah, she's a real shrinking violet...

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=reese witherspoon&biw=1036&bih=574&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=od3lVOjfNIS1mAXWhoII&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Bigfooty's oldest mod has had here as his avatar for over a decade :D

American Sniper.

Wow! Bradley Cooper stacked on the pounds for this role and is barely recognisable! He's great in this and really establishing himself as one of the best actors in the business. As for the movie itself. Pretty good, a little bit below what I expected, but will give it 8.5/10.

Foxcatcher - I thought it might be easy to dismiss Carell's performance, but I couldn't of been more wrong. He's ******* dynamite all the way through. All three are. Just a wickedly twisted story. 9/10

The Theory of Everything - Performances are A+, Style/Score A+, and the story can hold it's own pretty bloody well. But it didn't do much for me. Really well done, just not one I think will pass the age test. 7/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

big lebowski.

i hear many people lauding the edginess and irony of the movie. i enjoyed bridges as the wacky main character. i wasnt sure if i should be analysing this to an inch of its life whilst watching or not. i had so many questions during and after the movie.

Just introduced the kids to the original Ghostbusters, not surprisingly the special effects look like they were made a little over three decades ago and a good few of the extras look like they were acting in a school play but I still love that movie :)

Headhunters, good mystery but you'll need the english dubbed over version. 8/10

I wonder: do more people enjoy their foreign films dubbed or subbed?

Ocean's Eleven

As cool as I remember. Maybe the coolest movie ever made.

Get Shorty

A lot less convoluted and witty as I remember it being.

big lebowski.

i hear many people lauding the edginess and irony of the movie. i enjoyed bridges as the wacky main character. i wasnt sure if i should be analysing this to an inch of its life whilst watching or not. i had so many questions during and after the movie.

Did you agree that the rug really tied the room together?

big lebowski.

as someone who hasn't watched it yet but has it on their hard drive, youbl recommend?

Did you agree that the rug really tied the room together?

like.

the rug made life pfun

Am I the only one around here who gives a s**t about the rules?

anigif_enhanced-10686-1414782192-25.gif

The Chinaman is not the issue..... Also Dude, I believe the preferred nomenclature is Asian American.

like.

as someone who hasn't watched it yet but has it on their hard drive, youbl recommend?

i watched it on the plane (not at the pointy end, but close to it). so i guess the small screen detracts from the experience. however, it was ok. im not overall an arthouse flick person, if you can say its an art movie. at times i felt the swearing was unnecessary, but it did provoke thought.

i think you need to watch it just so that when you're at a party and academics discuss this and its metaphors (including climate change)

however freshy, i dont recall any asians in it

I wonder: do more people enjoy their foreign films dubbed or subbed?

Ocean's Eleven

As cool as I remember. Maybe the coolest movie ever made.

Get Shorty

A lot less convoluted and witty as I remember it being.
A dub can be a little distracting (lip sync) but if it involves a lot of dialog and has a lot of emotions then I'd rather that then reading words at the bottom, I'll leave that to old jackie Chan movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back