Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hachi_a_dogx27s_tale_2009.jpg

Oh man I cried in this film lol so sad.

Last edited:

A dub can be a little distracting (lip sync) but if it involves a lot of dialog and has a lot of emotions then I'd rather that then reading words at the bottom, I'll leave that to old jackie Chan movies.

See, that's why I prefer subtitles. I prefer to hear the real performance, even if it's in a language I don't understand, it feels more authentic that way. Although funnily enough, I think Headhunters was one of the few dubbed films that didn't bother too much.

---

Eden Lake

Horrifying to the extreme. I can't remember the last time a movie made me feel this unpleasant and disturbed. It probably didn't help that I am very fond of both leads, maybe not in this specifically, but in general, I adore both Kelly Reilly and Michael Fassbender.

Birdman. Seen it twice now and still not sure what to make of it. I don't think it's a masterpiece or movie of the year material, but I didn't hate it either.

Pros:
The feel of one continuous take was excellent.
The constant jazz music throughout the movie, and then to see the muso who had been playing the music towards the end.
The solid acting from all involved.

Cons:
Mike (Ed Norton's character) arrived with a bang, but didn't go anywhere.
The feeling of Keaton's character being in a constant mental funk became annoying.
The ending, there are so many interpretations of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nightcrawler. A real different type of thriller here. Still not sure if it is just a good movie or a great movie. Thought it was a bit anti-climatic at the end, as it kinda leaves you wanting more. One thing that's for sure is that Jake Gyllenhall is one superb actor.

Nightcrawler. A real different type of thriller here. Still not sure if it is just a good movie or a great movie. Thought it was a bit anti-climatic at the end, as it kinda leaves you wanting more. One thing that's for sure is that Jake Gyllenhall is one superb actor.
I liked the ending because it was unexpected
He got rid of his rival and got rid of his threat without any repercussions and got to get on with it without a care in the world and it just irks me how he ended up winning in the end and for such a prick that's rare in the movies.

Is there an obvious reason why he missed an Oscar nomination for this? Cooper was good in American Sniper, likewise Keaton in Birdman... but I think Gyllenhall was better. I haven't seen the other movies/performances yet. How he missed a nomination at all confuses me.

Is there an obvious reason why he missed an Oscar nomination for this? Cooper was good in American Sniper, likewise Keaton in Birdman... but I think Gyllenhall was better. I haven't seen the other movies/performances yet. How he missed a nomination at all confuses me.
Just a really tough year. 7 guys who deserved a nomination and only 5 spots.

The latest Hunger Games movie. What a piece of crap this movie is. Two hours of Katniss whining about Peeta that could have been condensed into 15 minutes of filler. The entire movie felt like a blatant cash grab, drawn out to justify splitting Mockingjay into two films.

& Eddie Red. should blow them all away, but this is 'The Academy'....
Should win but I fear they'll give it to Keaton out of sympathy. He was great, but Eddie Redmayne was something else.

Top Five - pretty enjoyable and Chris Rock wasn't annoying for once. 3.5/5

Rose water - Jon Stewart shows he can direct a good film. Very interesting story based on a true story that the daily show had a unfortunate involvement in. 4/5

The Wind Rises - lovely animation yet again from studio Ghibli and another intriguing story. Not as good as the others but a great way for Miyazaki to go out on. 4/5

City of God - Holy cow this was superb. Reminds of the wire in it's themes. Well directed too. 4.5/5

The latest Hunger Games movie. What a piece of crap this movie is. Two hours of Katniss whining about Peeta that could have been condensed into 15 minutes of filler. The entire movie felt like a blatant cash grab, drawn out to justify splitting Mockingjay into two films.
To be fair, that's exactly how the first half of the book was...

Second half definitely picks up and I reckon the next movie will be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back