Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nightcrawler -- I finally got around to this one and it was worth the wait. Gydenhall is just fantastic in this and plays "creepy" perfectly. How the hell he wasn't nominated for the Academy award for best actor is a mystery. The movie is pretty much a satire and should be viewed as such. I'll give this an 8.5/10.

Birdman.

It's kind of hard to describe after watching it, but it just felt.. fulfilling. It didn't try anything new or try to be more than what it was, but it was overall quite good at what it did. 8/10 seems about accurate for me.
Very similar to what I thought when I saw it on Friday night.

Fury - Watched it over the weekend, really enjoyed it. Gave a fresh perspective on warfare and the mental toll I guess soldiers experience. 9/10.

The Interview - Finally got around to seeing it and safe to say it's easy to see why North Korea were very upset about it. Wasn't a bad comedy but probably not something you'd watch a second time. 6/10.

The Judge

Robert Downey Jn is simply brilliant in this role but the stand out was Robert Duvall was amazing. Was not sure what to expect at the begging of this movie but within 10 minutes, I was captivated and engrossed by the story line and needed to find out the outcome of the movie.

8.5 out of 10.

Basic Instinct 2 - yeah SS is pretty sexy in this but it really was a waste of time trying to cash in on the first. The male lead was terrible and the story was simply poor. 3/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fall

I didn't realise Lee Pace had the ability to play someone who wasn't a total bore, or that he was really American. Also what a beautiful movie.

The Fall

I didn't realise Lee Pace had the ability to play someone who wasn't a total bore, or that he was really American. Also what a beautiful movie.

i'm not even sure it's under rated, i just think a lot of people haven't seen it, when recommending movies for people this always seems to sneak under peoples guards

i really love that movie

i'm not even sure it's under rated, i just think a lot of people haven't seen it, when recommending movies for people this always seems to sneak under peoples guards

i really love that movie

Yeah, underrated might be excessive, perhaps under-seen? I hadn't even heard of it until last month, which, after immediately turning it on, I could tell was weird because this seems like the sort of movie I should have definitely heard more about. Maybe because there weren't many high-profile names attached to it? The only other movie from the director I've seen was Immortals which I thought was underwhelming, and although Dan Gilroy is creditor as a screenwriter, I don't recall hearing a peep about this in the aftermath of Nightcrawler. Maybe I need to pay more attention. Either way, stunning, stunning movie.

only way i heard about it was my mate made me watch The Cell and in it is this scene

and once i saw that scene i wanted to know what else the guy directing it had done and that led me to The Fall

hmmm harsh, was gonna tackle this one today.
Wasn't bad but wasn't good either. Totally middle of the road - average missing person film.

big lebowski.

i hear many people lauding the edginess and irony of the movie. i enjoyed bridges as the wacky main character. i wasnt sure if i should be analysing this to an inch of its life whilst watching or not. i had so many questions during and after the movie.

Great film. I dunno about analysis, it's more of a very quotable cult movie for mine.
Am I the only one around here who gives a s**t about the rules?
this isn't *in 'nam!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back