Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyllenhaal
DiCaprio
Fassbender
Hardy
Phoenix
Brolin
Day Lewis
Haven't seen enough of Hardy, he is the "it" actor at the minute but he didn't have to do much in the Mad Max film. I saw a movie called Locke? cant be bothered checking if that's the name but he was very good in that film in a tough role for an actor.

Haven't seen enough of Hardy, he is the "it" actor at the minute but he didn't have to do much in the Mad Max film. I saw a movie called Locke? cant be bothered checking if that's the name but he was very good in that film in a tough role for an actor.
I think he did really well in mad max considering he had hardly any dialogue. Tough to pull off but he's been great in everything I've seen.

The drop
Warrior
Inception
Lawless
Locke
Bronson
Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy
The take

I think he did really well in mad max considering he had hardly any dialogue. Tough to pull off but he's been great in everything I've seen.

The drop
Warrior
Inception
Lawless
Locke
Bronson
Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy
The take
Yeah forgot the take, he was good in that. Didn't realise that was him in Bronson. You were right to have him on your list.

Last movie I watched was Wet Hot American Summer. Nothing special, but I did have a bit of a chuckle. One of those movies you can watch while you're doing something else. Looking forward to watching the series to compare.

Off to see Trainwreck tonight, hopefully it's half as decent as the reviews have been saying.

ive seen enough ads for that stupid ******* dance movie with the fat aussie chick that isnt even funny getting caught up in some ribbon hanging from teh ceiling in front of the president...ive prob seen the whole movie ffs

flogged to death
which is prob what i would do to someone if i was made to watch that
:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gyllenhaal
DiCaprio
Fassbender
Hardy
Phoenix
Brolin
Day Lewis
This list plus McConaughey is pretty spot on for the best actors atm. I am quite a fan of Ryan Gosling as well but he hasn't quite hit the level of the guys above yet (probably not a popular opinion either :p). I'm also a big fan of Bale.

On an Aussie tangent, Edgerton and Mendelsohn have both been excellent lately.

This list plus McConaughey is pretty spot on for the best actors atm. I am quite a fan of Ryan Gosling as well but he hasn't quite hit the level of the guys above yet (probably not a popular opinion either :p). I'm also a big fan of Bale.

On an Aussie tangent, Edgerton and Mendelsohn have both been excellent lately.

Actually, I'd throw gosling in there. He's been in some super films (drive, idea of March, half Nelson, fracture, late and the real girl, blue valentine, place beyond the pines, notebook)

Bale would be there too (dark knight series, American hustle, the fighter, prestige, machinist, American psycho).

Edgerton prob needs a few more for me to make it there but he has the goods to do it. Jason Clarke has done well for himself too.

Be interesting to see if Chris Pratt decides to do dramas more than action.

Depp is a good actor but tends to do the same Schtick in the same kind of films so hopefully Black Mass wins me back over.

Brad Pitt should be in there too. If you look back, most of his films are highly regarded too.

I still rate denzel quite highly even though he tends to stick to straightforward kind of films these days.

Does anyone else think Fassbender would be the perfect villain for a Wes Anderson film?

Macbeth

Whoa. Fassbender and Cotillard are amazing. It's brilliantly shot, DoP was the guy from True Detective S1 so no surprise. Directed to perfection. Just...wow.

Cotillard's now has to be the $1.01 favourite for the Oscar. Just...such power.

The finale is breathtaking. Fassbender finally being able to unleash all that intensity/brutality we've seen under the surface in prior performances is a sight to behold. I just can't wait to see it again.

4.5/5
I can't wait to see this.

I'm really interested to see Kurzel's treatment of the Scottish play - Snowtown was a fantastic film.

I can't wait to see this.

I'm really interested to see Kurzel's treatment of the Scottish play - Snowtown was a fantastic film.
A review I read described it as "more Kurzel than Shakespeare", which is an astonishing achievement given the dialogue is as it was in the play.

"The Thing" - 2011 and then backed up with the original John Carpenter 1982 version... Good follow-on prequel...

Original - 8/10

Remake/prequel - 6/10

Special FX in both these movies are something to repetitively talk about... :thumbsu:

"The Thing" - 2011 and then backed up with the original John Carpenter 1982 version... Good follow-on prequel...

Original - 8/10

Remake/prequel - 6/10

Special FX in both these movies are something to repetitively talk about... :thumbsu:
The original is one of the all time greats, John Carpenter made some really awesome movies back in the day.

The original is one of the all time greats, John Carpenter made some really awesome movies back in the day.
The sinister mood compounded by the soundtrack just creates a feeling of dread in the original that you don't get these days with thrillers. The anticipation builds you up so much and then you're on a knifes edge once the ball starts rolling...

God I love evil space monsters...

The thing that impresses me most about Hardy is the obvious physical presence he brings to a role that just commands your attention. It doesn't matter if he's playing a volatile psychopath like in Bronson or The Take, or whether he's making phone calls in his car for 90 minutes like in Locke, when he's on screen he just brings such a charismatic intensity to his characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back