Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from seeing the Rooster Teeth produced movie 'Lazer Team'

It won't win any big awards but it was such an amazing feeling watching Rooster Teeth on the big screen. I feel like a proud father after how long I've been watching their content for.

Cannot wait to see Room, read the book a couple of years ago and loved it. In fact I use to read the book on the way going to work and cried nearly every day. I just hope that Brie doesn't go all Hollywoody and start making crap commercial movies.

Room

Brilliant. Just brilliant. See it without tissues at your peril. Brie Larson is fantastic. Yet to see 45 Years or Brooklyn but she's currently the clubhouse leader, and comfortably. Jacob Tremblay is an absolute revelation as Jack. The adjustments the characters go through from Room to the real world are conveyed fantastically. It's suspenseful but still manages to take an horrific subject matter and turn it into something uplifting.

4.5/5

Edit: Jacob Tremblay absolutely deserved an Oscar nom ahead of Eddie Redmayne's horrendous performance.

Last edited:
Deer Hunter

Top 3 all time, need to revisit once, twice a year.

Streep, Walken and De Niro are spectacular. Can be quite beautiful at times.
Niiiicky

And yep agreed. One you need to get prepped for, lots of snacks, its a long haul. Brilliant movie though

The Big Short - great actors and an interesting story.( to me anyway)

8/10
I was very impressed with it on Wednesday night. Stellar cast and performances and great pacing and feel. I'd give it an 8 too.

LEGEND ( 2015 )

Tom ****en Hardy my god.
Give this man an oscar nod please.

8/10

I agree, should have been nominated for best actor and was much better in this than Leo was in The Revenant.

Superb acting performance, 10/10.

Macbeth

I finally got to see this last night and was totally blown away. Kurzel's directing was outstanding - with his cinematographer and cast he gave the Scottish play a brooding atmospheric feel. It's a epic movie.

9/10

PS did anyone else see similarities between the killing of Duncan and the killing of Colonel Kurtz?

Chinatown - Such a mysterious story with Jack Nicholson at his coolest, sharpest best and man the suits he was wearing. :thumbsu: 8/10

Macbeth

I finally got to see this last night and was totally blown away. Kurzel's directing was outstanding - with his cinematographer and cast he gave the Scottish play a brooding atmospheric feel. It's a epic movie.

9/10

PS did anyone else see similarities between the killing of Duncan and the killing of Colonel Kurtz?
Pretty excited for Assassin's Creed now that Kurzel, Fassbender, Cotillard and the cinematographer are reuniting for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Martian - Lacked suspense. At no point in the movie did you think he wasn't going to make it. 6.8/10

Spectre - Really looked forward to this and was pretty dissapointed. The opening setting was great but but felt the story line missed the mark and Christopher Shultz was surprisingly underwhelming. Thought it was the sort of role he would thrive in. 7/10.

Does it make me a bad person I feel asleep twice the first time I tried to watch this one? It's a good flick but go in well rested;)
Hey man I hear yah, my couch had me falling asleep during Schindler's List. :eek:

Prisoners

It was ok. Hugh Jackman was awesome but the plot ended up pretty thin and the ending was poor after 2 hrs of build up and tension. The reasoning behind it all was a bit dumb.

6 out of 10 just from HJ and Gyllenhaals neck tat

The Hateful Eight

Mixed bag. Typically brilliant QT fillum craft. But I just didn't give two shits.

Dipped in and out. Dozed off a few times. Pretty frustrating.

Damn, I should've just seen Star Wars again.

Six times is NOT enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back