What's the proper way to wheel your bins out?

What is the proper way to wheel your bins out?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

BALKAN

Cancelled
Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey GD,

I was taking the bins out the other night and was pulling them behind me and then the next day when I was taking them back inside I was pushing them in front of me. I had never given this much thought and I'm pretty sure I alternate based on whether the bins are empty or not.

Surely there must be a universal way?

So, GD, do you push the bins in front of you or pull them behind you?
Does it change depending on whether they are empty or not?
Does it change depending on if you are only taking out one of the bins as opposed to both?

Poll added.

Thanks.

Yours,
Balky

I do both...Depends on if I am pulling it up my drive way or pushing down my driveway. Or if I am carrying s**t and how heavy that is can determine what I do.

Always behind me.

It's the easiest way to carry out 2 bins at the same time.

Just make sure both hands are on the inside handle, and that you're pulling wide apart otherwise you run the risk of hitting the bins onto your heels and possibly tipping over

I do both...Depends on if I am pulling it up my drive way or pushing down my driveway. Or if I am carrying s**t and how heavy that is can determine what I do.

same. I pull the heavy one and push the light one on bin night

Great thread GD, we are really moving forward now

latest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always pushed in front of, much easier to steer, and if you have a steep driveway like I do you eliminate the risk of being run over.

Is the reverse true for wheeling your bins in?

I drag them behind me at the same time.

It's neck and neck at the minute. Interesting stuff.

I'm fascinated by the people who push one in front while pulling the other behind. Do you do this because you have to navigate between cars or a narrow entryway or just because you find it more comfortable? I can't fathom the co-ordination this would take. Will have to try it out next week.

Back