What's the proper way to wheel your bins out?

What is the proper way to wheel your bins out?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This happens in our neighborhood a few times a year. I tend to just leave it in that case.

140908_bear_big.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people put the bins out the night before is a bigger question.

OP, Never have them in front....from memory o_O

Always pushed in front of, much easier to steer, and if you have a steep driveway like I do you eliminate the risk of being run over.

I find that if its in front it wants to pull you down the hill a lot more and with a main road at the end of my driveway I really don't want to let it go or go with it. Behind always for me but fair point with the hill and all

Been doing some research.

'Pushing wheelie bin' yields 176,000 results on Google.
'Pulling wheelie bin' yields 178,000 results on Google.

I plugged 'taking the bins out' into Google images and I took a sample of the first 20 images that were actually somebody taking the bins out.

Results: 7 pushers, 13 pullers.

(Note: some of these were repeat photos but I had to compromise my experiment a bit due to laziness)

I also broke it down to gender:

Pushers: 4 male, 1 female.
Pullers: 8 male, 7 female.

What can we take from this, I hear you ask?
- It's close overall, but it seems pulling a bin behind you is the more socially acceptable and preferred method of taking the bins out.
- Women will almost never push a bin.
- Men are more likely to take the bins out.
- Men & women share a strong preference to pulling.

Keep voting and posting ITT, guys. I'm interested to keep collecting data on this.
I think you've found your purpose in life.

My trucks come at a ridiculous hour, beyond early. I swear I've heard them collecting the bins before 5am. ****ed if I'm getting up at that hour just to put the bins out.

I Googled 'pushing wheelie bin' using Google.com.au and it yielded 183,000 results. 'Pulling wheelie bin' yielded 171,000. Straya is a nation of pushers it would seem.

Back