What's your preferred Grand Final match up?

Your preferred grand final match up

• Sydney vs Hawthorn

Votes: 87 20.9%
  • Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Votes: 78 18.8%
  • Hawthorn vs North Melbourne

Votes: 74 17.8%
  • Port Adelaide a North Melbourne

Votes: 177 42.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North vs Port as mentioned would be great for the competition because it really would give hope to teams that finish outside the top 4 that you are still a chance at winning the big one. Even so with both teams winning straight through to the prelims which has never been done before since the turn of the century under the new finals system is a achievement in itself.

North vs Port.

My brother is a huge North Supporter, and I Port. He lives in South Korea but is already planning to fly down if North make it. Would be a great game to see the two underdogs make it also.

Stratton_Gun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Hawks North- Hawks in it, Sydney aren't and it would be old skool. Hawks probably a good chance of willing too
Hawks Sydney- Hawks still in with a chance
Port- North. Would be high pace and exciting I guess
Port Sydney. Interstate GF. No thanks Jeff

Spitta09

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North vs Port would be an absolute dream. Two fair clubs who have really struggled in recent times making the grand final from 5th and 6th. So unlikely but would be unbelievable

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We had Hawthorn/Sydney GF in 2012 of course people want something different.

Speak for yourself. Personally I'm looking forward to a hawks v swans GF - two best teams, probably high scoring, buddy factor etc.

If one of the underdogs gets up in the prelim I'll shout loud for them in the GF, but I'd expect a drubbing which wouldn't be great for neutrals.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
North vs Port.

My brother is a huge North Supporter, and I Port. He lives in South Korea but is already planning to fly down if North make it. Would be a great game to see the two underdogs make it also.

I for one hope you get to reunite with your brother.

ApplecrossWC

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. North vs Port - Would be great to see the underdogs make it and would be something different
2. North vs Hawks - Decent rivalry between the 2 teams and it means that Sydney didn't make it.
3. Port vs Hawks - Port are playing exciting football and Hawthorn are good to watch
4. Hawks vs Sydney - Would be a good game but a bit over it. Would actually barrack for Hawthorn, can't go for the AFL's pets.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
It doesn't seem to be the popular choice here, but Hawks vs Swans. My team isn't playing so my preference is to see the best teams in action. Port vs Sydney wouldn't be bad either.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Would support Port or North if either made it. North if both get there.

Hawks/Swans...if Franklin was still at Hawthorn I'd support them, as in 2012. Not sure this year.

Blues177

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
1. Sydney v Hawthorn - It would be a fluctuating game with neither team able get away to a handy lead. Would be close and buddy, only 12 months after playing in a Hawk premiership, would create interest.
2. Port V North - This match could go either way on the day, both teams would have had a similar path to the grand final. North would create history by becoming the first team to win from 6th spot if they win. Playing at the G, North would give it a good shot.
3. Sydney v Port - Port's pace may trouble Sydney for a while but Sydney, with their greater experience, would win by 3-4 goals.
4. Hawthorn V North - North would be overwhelmed by the Hawks experience and forward line, it would be a boring 2nd half.

Jan 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
It would be a great story if North and Port both make it to the grand final, but the only thing that appeals to me is for that is the journey to the grand final. Will the grand final itself be a classic? I suppose it would be. I think both teams at their best would be a quality game.

Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sydney vs Port Adelaide

I hate the Victorian teams, except my own. Love seeing them knocked out.

I would expect all South Australian Crows fans to be hoping Hawthorn makes it.

Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I least it won't be Hawthorn vs Geelong. And thank Christ for that.

Is there a rivalry in football that has jumped the shark more than that bore fest? As soon as Hawthorn ended the curse, there has been zero, and I mean ZERO interest, because there was no now reason for neutrals to be interested in it anymore. Neutrals don't like either of them, are sick of both of them, and the one redeeming feature that made the rivalry somewhat interesting (Geelong always winning) is now dead.

Thank God Hawthorn vs Geelong isn't an option.

Jumped. The. Shark.

Back