What's your preferred Grand Final match up?

Your preferred grand final match up

• Sydney vs Hawthorn

Votes: 87 20.9%
  • Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Votes: 78 18.8%
  • Hawthorn vs North Melbourne

Votes: 74 17.8%
  • Port Adelaide a North Melbourne

Votes: 177 42.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? Cola or not they have an amazing team. They may have blown the Richmond game but seeing Port play last week makes me think they would have smacked us had we snuck into eighth.
Yeah I was referring more towards 05 flag, I live in Wa all my eagles mates hate Sydney about as much as I do.

Obviously North & Port supporters would each love their club in the Grand Final – as would every other remaining team’s supporters. But purely for the health of the competition I think it would be magnificent if both the non top 4 made the Grand Final. Feel like it would invigorate the competition as a whole if the top 4 wasn’t seen as the only path to a premiership.

you win my vote. no bias, of course.

Would love to see a Port vs. North GF. Unlikely though.

Hawthorn vs. Sydney will undoubtably be a great contest, but it's kind of a predictable match-up, which makes it somewhat of a boring choice in a way. It's more interesting and exciting to see the underdogs in there, and good for the league too. Would really show that any team can win it, even those outside the top 4, and provide both Port and North with a massive boost and (one of them) a fairytale ending, considering struggles with crowds, interest in their product and survival over the past decade.

Happy to play either Sydney or North, we owe them both.

Hawks vs swans
Franklin with a shot after the siren, touched on the line, goes to video review, up pops the head of Andrew Demetriou
"This has to stop! Umpires, blow the whistle! Free kick to franklin in the square"

Franklin proceeds to kick the ball into the man on the mark as a sudden gust of wind hits, sending the ball backwards for a hawthorn behind
Hawks win...

I've been watching too much tv :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had fingers crossed for North and Port for weeks, wrapt to see them both still in it and I really hope they can both get through to the GF..I'd love to see North win it and upset the applecart and also melt the BF servers! Kudos to Port..from where they were 2 years ago to this, well done and good luck to you.

I earlier voted for North vs Hawthorn but in all honesty I want us to play Sydney for the Buddy factor.

I want the chance to see the guy watch his former teammates lift up the cup :p (Jinxed)

Strange, those two grand finals helped me develop a strong respect for the Swans. Had a soft spot for them until they started to abandon their 'no-dickheads' policy.
Can you name some of those dickheads? Franklin seems like a genuinely nice guy who has slotted in really well with the rest of the players. If Tippett was a dickhead in Adelaide, as some Crows fans claim, he's showing little evidence of it in Sydney.

Most reports from the locker rooms suggest the esprit de corps is con mucho brio, if I may be pretentious in two languages.

Jeremy Laidler perhaps. Tom Derrickx?

North vs Port.

My brother is a huge North Supporter, and I Port. He lives in South Korea but is already planning to fly down if North make it. Would be a great game to see the two underdogs make it also.
If North Korea make it into South Korea I'd fly down too. ;)

If we didnt win in 2006 I would hate them, as it stands I'm just happy we didnt lose both grand finals.
The reverse is very much the case for most Swans fans I know too.

Couldn't have asked for two better GFs, couldn't have been a more perfect outcome, and no hard feelings.

AND NO VICTORIAN TEAMS RUNNING ONTO THE G ON THE LAST SATURDAY IN SEPTEMBER FOR TWO YEARS RUNNING!!!

What's not to like?

As a restricted MCC member, I'm just hoping for the teams that will give me the best chance of getting in on the day! So for that to happen, it probably needs a Sydney/North vs Port game. Although always hard to predict when the full MCC members will turn up and when they won't.

I earlier voted for North vs Hawthorn but in all honesty I want us to play Sydney for the Buddy factor.

I want the chance to see the guy watch his former teammates lift up the cup :p (Jinxed)

I can understand that, on the flip side I just want to beat hawks again because of the buddy factor. Add to the fact it would be the 2nd time in 3 years, how the heck could the hawk supporters cope with that?? They cant cope we beat them in 1 GF let alone 2 :)

From the perspective of them getting there being a great story, North vs Port, both coming from outside the top 4.

But I think Sydney vs Hawthorn will be the best guarantee of it being a really close, exciting grand final, so that match-up gets the nod, for me at least.

Port v North = novelty value (not one but TWO Stephen Bradburys)

Hawks v Roos or Swans v Power = 2007 Grand Final re run

Hawks v Swans = Outstanding, a Grand Final for the ages.

Back