When are GWS gonna get serious and change their colours?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never understood Essendon supporters' general obsession with their jumper, it's a nice traditional one, but nothing special in reality. Very bland. Not really an insult, but just saying that I don't get why there is a general concession amongst your fans especially that yur jersey is something more special than any of the other foundation clubs'.

I don't even think it's the best sash jumper in the league.

Much prefer the striking yellow of the Tigers' jumper.

I think their colours look fantastic. Am I alone ?

GWS-giants_420-420x0.jpg

I love the uniform, but my only concern... which other sporting team in Western Sydney has very similar colours, orange with black/charcoal?
540941-beau-ryan-chris-heighington.jpg

The advantage is that the colours are more likely to be associated with Western Sydney than green/black as some were suggesting. ACT fans would be more familiar with the green and black, as the colours of the Raiders, but it would have no relevance to the people of Western Sydney.

Sometimes you wonder if it would be better to give every jumper designing job to that 10 year old girl that designed Port Adelaide's jumper.

GWS's is not that great either - but their primary colour has to be the orange over the charcoal and white....that is why this design (the one worn by the player at the front) is the best of a bad lot.

Skoda-GWS-Giants-sponsorship-02s.jpg

By the way, it is nice of Melbourne to wear the Swans's guernsey this year as their "clash" guernsey. Is the idea of clash guernsey to create more of a clash or less of a clash? still haven't worked that one out going by the evidence on hand.

149070-tom-scully.jpg

What the Campbellfield area?

I would have thought the club was looking to establish themselves in the Parramatta, Penrith, Blue Mountains, Rooty Hill RSL sort of zone.
How much do you actually know about Western Sydney? I presume you mean "Campbelltown"? GWS are seeking to establish themselves as the football team for people all across the Western regions of Sydney, as well as throughout ACT and greater NSW. Hence the "Greater" in our name. We are a team for all of those in NSW who do not identify with the culture of Sydney City and what it represents. that includes Campbelltown and Macquarie Fields, Blacktown and Mount Druitt, Parramatta, Penrith and the Blue Mountains, Wagga Wagga, the ACT, etc etc.

What the Campbellfield area?

I would have thought the club was looking to establish themselves in the Parramatta, Penrith, Blue Mountains, Rooty Hill RSL sort of zone.
Correct with those through the middle, also north to Hawkesbury and south to Wollondilly (which is south of Campbelltown).

Hawkesbury, Blue Mountains, Penrith, Blacktown, Baulkham Hills, Parramatta, Holroyd, Auburn, Bankstown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Campbelltown, Camden, Wollondilly.

How much do you actually know about Western Sydney? I presume you mean "Campbelltown"?

Yes, my bad, my mate was over yesterday and he's just been moved to work in Campbellfield in Melbourne. Cesspool area.

GWS are seeking to establish themselves as the football team for people all across the Western regions of Sydney, as well as throughout ACT and greater NSW. Hence the "Greater" in our name. We are a team for all of those in NSW who do not identify with the culture of Sydney City and what it represents. that includes Campbelltown and Macquarie Fields, Blacktown and Mount Druitt, Parramatta, Penrith and the Blue Mountains, Wagga Wagga, the ACT, etc etc.

Righto, fair enough.

I don't mind the orange, but would have preferred green as it contrasts better against swannies red.

These are two simple designs I did yonks ago, before the colours were announced. Can't go wrong with stripes or V's - whatever colours they are.
greenblack.jpg

I still think they look better than what the Giants came up with, but that's just me.

Well they couldnt go with black coz then it would of been too similar to essendon, richmond and st kilda. But i mean seriously, the colours i find dull and depressing. I cant wait to look in the stands at the big derby and see the lovely contrast of colours between the 2 nsw teams of red and orange. And for the record, port are more black with a tint of blue to me. A team mostly green would look awesome, but hey, i don;t work for a hip consultancy company like the afl hired to decide this.

Ummmm....

Fremantle-Away-1995.gif

I don't mind the orange, but would have preferred green as it contrasts better against swannies red.

These are two simple designs I did yonks ago, before the colours were announced. Can't go wrong with stripes or V's - whatever colours they are.
greenblack.jpg

I still think they look better than what the Giants came up with, but that's just me.
Green is my favourite colour, but I would hate to see my footy team running around in that. The colours have no relevance to Western Sydney at all. Much prefer the orange and charcoal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much do you actually know about Western Sydney? I presume you mean "Campbelltown"? GWS are seeking to establish themselves as the football team for people all across the Western regions of Sydney, as well as throughout ACT and greater NSW. Hence the "Greater" in our name. We are a team for all of those in NSW who do not identify with the culture of Sydney City and what it represents. that includes Campbelltown and Macquarie Fields, Blacktown and Mount Druitt, Parramatta, Penrith and the Blue Mountains, Wagga Wagga, the ACT, etc etc.

What, success? GWS seems to fill that value-set perfectly then.

greenblack.jpg

That looks ****ing hideous. Green and black don't go well together.

The guernsey with the white G looks striking and is a good use of the colours, the plain orange with the charcoal G looks cheap and would be more suited as a training top.

Latte-sipping inner-city yuppies with no idea of what life is like for people in the real world.

The only glimpse of the real world that the bogans from out that way get is when they come into the city for their Centrelink payments.

The only glimpse of the real world that the bogans from out that way get is when they come into the city for their Centrelink payments.
No need to worry about having to intermingle with westie bogans. There are plenty of Centrelink offices in the west to handle the workload. That means the only contact you'll have to have with us baser sorts is at the footy :thumbsu:

^^ says the guy who was one of the first SWANS supporters to buy a GWS membership..:rolleyes: (sad but very true )

shame, shame, shame... :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back