When do I stop being angry?

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If essendon's percentage put them above us after this split round. Probably would have been it for me. I think year of the roo is right, it's just funny now.

On another note real estate or a car dealership may be a good alternative for some players. Their ability to sell confidence to us each week is mind blowing :'(

Mr. Blonde

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
This is turning out to be a wasted year, just like last year. If we make the finals I'll be slightly less angry. If we can somehow win a final I'll be pleased, but still not happy.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I watched the 2005 last quarter against Collingwood last night. The commentators were saying how hard the team works and how you can never write them off. And they were right aswell.

I loathed Laidley at the time. I thought we were just battlers. But within that side was a desire to win and compete that this current side just can't match.

Bornanbread

Debutant
Mar 14, 2012
Forbes Creek
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Trips to Utah...sports science. ...latest and greatest facilities. ...all SPIN....I watched them walk out of the pre match address meeting, might as well looked like they were heading off to a nightclub. I say, get rid of all the spin. Each week get a retired player to come in and lecture this current group on what it means to wear the Blue & White against the opposition. Every Club in the comp will have reasons why we at the North dislike them....wether it be Essendon for keeping us out of the comp...Carlton for attempting to buy us... Collingwood for just being feral..I felt that against Hawthorn we played like every player saw a Dermott in a Hawthorn jumper and hit them with the ferocity one would expect after Boomer had been publicly slagged by the Dimwit. That sort of Us against Them mentality has to be summoned up each week. Take the Nintendos , Play Stations and phones off the kids and put them to work at the Abattoir for a couple of hours a day getting their bloody hands dirty for a change. ....a disciplined team they are not.

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
Trips to Utah...sports science. ...latest and greatest facilities. ...all SPIN....I watched them walk out of the pre match address meeting, might as well looked like they were heading off to a nightclub. I say, get rid of all the spin. Each week get a retired player to come in and lecture this current group on what it means to wear the Blue & White against the opposition. Every Club in the comp will have reasons why we at the North dislike them....wether it be Essendon for keeping us out of the comp...Carlton for attempting to buy us... Collingwood for just being feral..I felt that against Hawthorn we played like every player saw a Dermott in a Hawthorn jumper and hit them with the ferocity one would expect after Boomer had been publicly slagged by the Dimwit. That sort of Us against Them mentality has to be summoned up each week. Take the Nintendos , Play Stations and phones off the kids and put them to work at the Abattoir for a couple of hours a day getting their bloody hands dirty for a change. ....a disciplined team they are not.

all this and they continually ask members for money.

Bornanbread

Debutant
Mar 14, 2012
Forbes Creek
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As a disabled Vet with 30 odd years in defence of this once great country I wont be parting with my money in the future to see pampered little prats ponce about impersonating footballers...I'd have given up all my medals and decorations to have pulled that Blue & White jumper on just once....Doesn't seem to count for too much any more....sadly.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

If you need that kind of motivation you're in it for the wrong reasons. I would be disappointed if any of our players went out seeking retribution. What we want do is give the players a supportive high performance environment and we're continually educating them about what it means to be an elite athlete. What a journalist wrote or what happened last time isn't important and if we start focussing on that we'll take our eye off the ball.

466552_thumb.jpg

Take the Nintendos , Play Stations and phones off the kids and put them to work at the Abattoir for a couple of hours a day getting their bloody hands dirty for a change. ....a disciplined team they are not.
Don't you get clean hands bloody at an abattoir?

Supporters who post on forums never stop caring, the problem is just the acceptance of mediocrity. When I see the team picked and you think about the level of output from a fair chunk of the side, we have over-achieved on the back of the effort of a handful of players.

We are soft. I never thought I'd say that about a North Melbourne team.

Our coach is soft, leads to a soft team. How many hard nosed coached have soft teams?

royals1922

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts RIP
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rotor Volgograd, The Exers
I haven't stopped being angry yet...

royals1922

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts RIP
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rotor Volgograd, The Exers
Our coach is soft, leads to a soft team. How many hard nosed coached have soft teams?
Mick Malthouse and Carlton - except Mick found a team that was softer.

Jack Bradley

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I got angry and expressed it on BF but then everyone got angry at me for not loving absolutely everything that north ever dish up. We shouldnt have to accept this rot.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll stop being angry when Scott stands down, bloke doesn't have the aggats to lead this football club.

I honestly hope we don't make finals and he falls on his sword because I'm sick of what he is turning this football club into

Back