When does common sense advice becoome victim blaming?

Sep 25, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I retract my statement saying you are defending feminism. :)

That's like arguing all right-leaning people are shaped directly by what Take Back Australia organisers and Andrew Bolt say.

It's simply not true.

I'd argue in power structures it is if they are influential. The average joe who is conservative leaning has no say in what direction the agenda of their political slant takes. Unless you merely count at the ballot box. Which is not the sole way legislation gets brought in as we all know. The responsibility of the conservative leaner is to discredit the extremist within their ideology by calling them out. Being critical. And I think that does happen on both sides of the isle in politics.

Feminism is not a political party though. It is a religion, and almost never takes to account when agendas come out that "common folk" deem loony -- Safe spaces on campus, Trigger warnings -- are examples where feminist groups actually supported these people who advocate these things that were never part of 2nd wave. They ignore it or they support it, which is wrong because these crazies are now steering all of 3rd wave and indoctrinating young women. 2nd wave extremists now have a hold of 3rd wave.

Take #HeforShe .. It's like you've got to be kidding. Bring men in to fight for women and help women make feminism popular? What? Women's groups with their millions of dollars in funding and 40 years of systemic integration still can't do that by itself? Where is the female empowerment again? I thought women don't need no man? :p

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Read feminism based academic material. I'm not going over 60 years of territory for every internet wannabe intellectual. Do some actual research before you play.
Let me catch you up on these 'two'.

tesseract is Docker Alyssa. (Pretending to be a female).

Literally cannot be reasoned with by using logic or facts.

They will watch and believe youtube videos that support their stance, and that's pretty much it.
Unless there is a particularly terrible blog they can copy/paste.

The youtube video is exactly what you think it is, and you destroyed tessa's NAFALT idiotic point.
Tessa has nothing to fall back on, so is arguing on your lack of watching the video, rather than actual facts.

kfc1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
1237596_629643303824992_8230118524877832217_n.png

Apr 30, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MUFC, Golden State Warriors
Ironically ShanDog your posts could be used just as well against those that have to direct some religiously based comments at tesseract in the Feminist Myths thread when they cannot dispute the content in his posts. Really does describe everyone on this board.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Ironically ShanDog your posts could be used just as well against those that have to direct some religiously based comments at tesseract in the Feminist Myths thread when they cannot dispute the content in his posts. Really does describe everyone on this board.
Yep. Totally agree.

People aren't interest in debate or argument much anymore, only unloading vile diatribes or thinly veiled personal attacks for lykes and lolz. Those sort of people are bad people.

At least when I have a go at someone, its usually based on the content of their character.

Oh Bork.
You defend the man who said that if a woman doesn't scream it's not rape.
Who said the bible doesn't worry about a woman's "fweelings"

Never mind how offensive that is to victims of crime.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
not screaming means she's consenting.

That's disgusting even by your low standards.

Has it ever occurred to you that the victim may be to afraid to scream, restrained from making any sound, or incapacitated (drugged or unconsious) somehow?

Thats worse that the 'uncovered meat' B/S we hear from time to time. Any credibility you may have once had is out the window.

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood

Has it ever occurred to you that the victim may be to afraid to scream, restrained from making any sound, or incapacitated (drugged or unconsious) somehow?

Thats worse that the 'uncovered meat' B/S we hear from time to time. Any credibility you may have once had is out the window.
This is not the first time he has made that disgusting, vile and outrageously offensive statement. Seriously, when is he going to be held to account?

Where has this thread gone from the opening post?

Anyway, the smart individual will refrain from putting themselves into a position of risk.
Of course, we can all let our guard down from time to time but the individuals that considers risk factors in advance, will have the better chance of survival in the jungle.

There's little point pretending that things shouldn't have happened after the event.........................as unfortunate as that case may be, but that makes for another argument.

That's a pretty ordinary way of looking at things and somewhat sadly naive.

I guess if you don't piss your pants with a gun pointed to your head, then you deserve to be shot, may also apply.

That's a pretty ordinary way of looking at things and somewhat sadly naive.

I guess if you don't piss your pants with a gun pointed to your head, then you deserve to be shot, may also apply.
What? Somewhat strange analogy.

Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Swan Districts

The bible doesn't mention people being drugged so as to be raped back in Moses' day. So, applying what may occur nowadays as a standard for a time 3,000 years ago is being disingenuous. Different time, different outlook, different law.

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood
The bible doesn't mention people being drugged so as to be raped back in Moses' day. So, applying what may occur nowadays as a standard for a time 3,000 years ago is being disingenuous. Different time, different outlook, different law.
Right, so you're now slinking away from your words. You said nothing about 3,000 years ago. You made a contemptible statement, you were called on it and you have gutlessly squibbed on apologising for it and have resorted to weasel words. I really hope you are held to account on this.

that is not what you meant. Glad you're finally being called out for your disgusting comments.

kfc1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
"Being called out on your comments" and "being held to account" apparently = tesseract finally responding to months (years?) of baiting?

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

I don't give a toss what the Bible says. It has as much relevance on the topic of rape as the Quran, Torah, Dianetics or the Illiad.

Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Swan Districts
I don't give a toss what the Bible says. It has as much relevance on the topic of rape as the Quran, Torah, Dianetics or the Illiad.

If you don't "give a toss" what the bible says, why have you waded into a discussion on the OT biblical law on rape during the time period when the Jews were God's chosen people, 2,000+ - 3,000 years ago? Your ignorance of what's being discussed is shown by your mentioning of "drugged". It's best for you to know what you're actually responding to before (figuratively) running your mouth.

Back