When does west coast and adam simpson start to face criticism

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so you can see how he can be good at 1 thing which can result in multiple ball ups, or you can see how the opposition in full possession of the footy can move from one end of the field to the other just through him not being able to get to the contest. It happens often its rarely picked up by the camera and that was an example that I happened to notice at home but when you watch live it happens a fair bit and Im betting not by accident.

I don't see how you can lay the blame solely on him for that TBH. Saw many, many other West Coast players slow to the ball and to the contest throughout those passages of play. Laughable to call many of those "contested marks" too IMO, as there was barely a West Coast player near the Dockers marking the ball most of the time.

I don't see how you can lay the blame solely on him for that TBH. Saw many, many other West Coast players slow to the ball and to the contest throughout those passages of play. Laughable to call many of those "contested marks" too IMO, as there was barely a West Coast player near the Dockers marking the ball most of the time.

We probably need to go to other thread for this but it started with the switch play and Rosa having to cover Neale for him, which left Fyfe open, he couldn't get there for that so Rosa had to try and close down Fyfe. He can't work the angle to push the player wide either because he can't get there.

I didn't label them contested marks the AFL replay site does that.

No, he's a required mid. I wonder if you watched the game against Richmond? Or most Eagles games even? This sort of nonsense is startling and to call him a flog is disrespectful to our best mid :thumbsdown:
He symbolises everything our club has become in it's gradual descent into obscurity and mediocrity.

Tries his guys out and is a great guy off field, visiting hospitals, charities.

Who gives a flying toss. There are many on our board who almost wish ill onto him, almost. He's a C grade hack at best. An accumulator. that's his only trait.

But our club now proclaims butchers of the ball as heroes. We embrace mediocrity and put it up on a pedestal. He is the worst midfielder I have ever had the displeasure of viewing.

He's a flog.

Adam Simpson shouldn't face a speck of it.
He hasn't moulded this list in anyway yet unless he asked Glass & Cox to retire, which are both positives.

The rotation ruck policy or all 3 playing has been a failure. However IMO this has come about because of the clubs inability to deal with Cox's future in a timely manner. Has not looked himself from the start of this year, and the umpires seemed to have cottoned on to the WackyWavingInfaltableArmFlailingTubeman routine. Lycett has finally arrived and should be given the game time to develop particularly given NN's performances or lack thereof this year as well. IMO the policy is pretty poor to a young guy who had to bide is time in the WAFL behind them 2 which if they were still performing at a good level there would be no rotation policy in place. There would be no question about he still would not have played on a regular basis.

The club should be facing heaps of criticism as it obviously thought it was just about there when most Eagles supporters would have told you in the sat 2 years our midfield won't get us anywhere near the best teams. It wasn't and Worsfold has called time but he was not on his lonesome in thinking incorrectly we were that close.

I know you all love him but Dean Cox being the ruck coach whilst still playing and fighting for his spot in the team is one of the most amateur things I've seen from a wealthy club. How can he train and play and still coach his rivals for his position? Not to mention who is coaching him on how to ruck when he's aging and losing his athleticism and who is coaching stoppages with him? Am I being harsh and is it an isolated decision or is it emblematic of a club that's convinced things will be ok.

It's symptomatic of an organisation that has become a stale old boys club.

When simpson has a coachable team at his disposal, criticise him then.

It isn't his fault the administration care more about the bottom line and selling merchandise than winning games. They have paid a definition of a spud 900k a year, the whole team knows he is useless and they suffer as a result.

How can your highest paid player be the worst player in the league with ball in hand? Simpson has jumped onto a sinking ship

I know you all love him but Dean Cox being the ruck coach whilst still playing and fighting for his spot in the team is one of the most amateur things I've seen from a wealthy club. How can he train and play and still coach his rivals for his position? Not to mention who is coaching him on how to ruck when he's aging and losing his athleticism and who is coaching stoppages with him? Am I being harsh and is it an isolated decision or is it emblematic of a club that's convinced things will be ok.

I saw this as an issue as well. How could he have their best interests at heart when he still wants a game over them. IMO it's living in lala land pretending these situations don't exist and is one of the details that tells me something isn't right.
Also teaching others when playing free kicks over the last couple of years.

Adam Simpson shouldn't face a speck of it.
He hasn't moulded this list in anyway yet unless he asked Glass & Cox to retire, which are both positives.

The rotation ruck policy or all 3 playing has been a failure. However IMO this has come about because of the clubs inability to deal with Cox's future in a timely manner. Has not looked himself from the start of this year, and the umpires seemed to have cottoned on to the WackyWavingInfaltableArmFlailingTubeman routine. Lycett has finally arrived and should be given the game time to develop particularly given NN's performances or lack thereof this year as well. IMO the policy is pretty poor to a young guy who had to bide is time in the WAFL behind them 2 which if they were still performing at a good level there would be no rotation policy in place. There would be no question about he still would not have played on a regular basis.

The club should be facing heaps of criticism as it obviously thought it was just about there when most Eagles supporters would have told you in the sat 2 years our midfield won't get us anywhere near the best teams. It wasn't and Worsfold has called time but he was not on his lonesome in thinking incorrectly we were that close.

and now you risk losing lycett just as he has come on

On paper, the eagles forward line is quite good. They're back line is ok also.

For me it's the midfield that's the problem. They're mids aren't good at winning the footy and when they do they are poor with disposal into the forward 50.

Guys like Masten, Shuey, Gaff & Wellingham can't string good games together. You might get one that has a standout game and the rest are poor.

Simpson had to pull the axe out this year and drop a few players as a statement but he's left it too late. I think he will start doing it now though as he looked frustrated after the Richmond loss and to be honest, I think all the players above will be trade bait this off season. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two of those guys are given the boot to rebuild the midfield

edit; And I'd love to see Lecras play in the midfield more, he's to classy to leave in the forward 50 when the ball is hardly in there

Given the new coach, last years and this years retirements and injuries I don't think they've been too bad. With a decent run of injuries I think they'll be top 8 next year.

It's Worsfolds fault.

I think most Eagles supporters with a brain knew this year was going to be a experiment for Simmo, will get the time to get rid of the dead wood and build a team. Will take longer than one season.

The good news is we will get a good draft pick this season and should get a talented f/s with our second or third. Bodes well for the future.

Bull$hit

He's a butcher. The Posters in the know saw this coming 7 years ago. A player that gets the ball at will and then is not involved any constructive play for the team whatsoever. A turnover merchant.

He's a flog.

its not priddis' fault other midfielders haven't stepped up. thats where energy should be directed towards. all these guys are faster, have a bigger tank and have better skills. so why can't they dislodge priddis?

if priddis is a hack then what are all these other guys?

our midfield is a problem but it can be fixed by getting better ones. not merely by getting rid of priddis. at least he gets the ball. why can't others? oh yes priddis gets in their way some people say. horseshit.

i have criticised priddis in the past but as time has gone on, its other midfielders who need to step up. not him step down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie coaches seem to take a year to get into the groove.

The only issue that I can see for him is, can he influence the WC admin to make the changes he wants to make? They probably need a freshen up at the top.

Simmo has taken on the job pretty well, I'm impressed enough to want to see him stick it out for the next few years and see what he can do. Looking forward to see how he acts over the coming trade period.

Playing too many talls? If it works for us and we get on song (need better inside 50s) JJK, Darling (and now swingman McGov) and resting NicNat are as dangerous and enviable as any forward line. On Friday night nobody was expecting the conditions to turn that harsh, so it wasn't a coaching gaffe to have too many talls. It was just unfortunate.

West Coast shouldn't be jumpy because we aren't challenging for top 2 this year. Bad Luck Contenders in part because if we didn't choke against Carlton/Collingwood and stepped up against Port/Freo(twice)/Tiges when we were competitive than our ladder position would be completely different and we would arguably be up there as top 4 contenders.

Simpson deserves some time, its his first year and he is really only just finding out about his players in his first year.

But the club has serious issues. The whole country knows we have a B Grade midfield, I think the club knows it to yet they won't make the hard decisions.
Shuey, Selwood and Masten have all played over 100 games now, Shuey is a good player who could be come an A grader with the right guys around him. Selwood and Masten we have seen their best and it is B Grade, hard decisions need to be made but the club does not make them. They keep saying their midfield is a problem yet every week the same guys play in there.
Our development and our coaching I think has been poor for a long time.
Ebert struggled at the Eagles, goes to Port and now is an A grade player, Wellingham was an A grade player at Collingwood yet comes to the Eagles and now is struggling.
When are people going to put two and two together, there is something wrong at our club.
Once I thought we were trend setters in the league in many area's, but now other than making money we are bottom 6 on every single concievalble measurable list you could put forward about an AFL club, and maybe last in many area's.
I know this is not a jumper conversation but to understand my point just look at what happened with the jumpers for Friday night, the Eagles should of told the AFL to make Richmond get a new jumper but as we are weak we just sit there and take it. If I had of been CEO I would of played in our home jumper copped the fine and pay it out of the ashtray and force the AFL to make all clubs have a clash jumper for all scenarios.
But we are weak as piss and unfortunately this has filtered all through the club now.

West coast gets plenty of criticism, there is pretty much nothing positive about the club at all other than making money. The side is average, Recruiting is average, development is average, the alignment in the WAFL is killing the WAFL.
There simply is not much good going on at the club at all.
That is the reality

The bloke who started this thread, you sir are an idiot. You have no idea.

West Coast supporters and media have been smashing West Coasts 2014 season, overall because people over estimated their list. Simpson has come on board and knows he has a soft s**t list of midfielders. Forward line and Back 6 is no problems neither is the ruck, you can call Nic Nat a spud all you want however he is one of the best rucks in the game (at actual rucking yes I know he is useless with the ball in hand).

There will be a cull at the end of the year, some targeted drafting and recruiting, as well as the year after that, 2016 is when we can start judging Simpsons coaching abilities as he might actually have a decent team then. Look at Paul Roos and Melbourne, they are still s**t because they don't have the cattle.

When simpson has a coachable team at his disposal, criticise him then.

It isn't his fault the administration care more about the bottom line and selling merchandise than winning games. They have paid a definition of a spud 900k a year, the whole team knows he is useless and they suffer as a result.

How can your highest paid player be the worst player in the league with ball in hand? Simpson has jumped onto a sinking ship

Worst post of the year nominations right here.

its not priddis' fault other midfielders haven't stepped up. thats where energy should be directed towards. all these guys are faster, have a bigger tank and have better skills. so why can't they dislodge priddis?

if priddis is a hack then what are all these other guys?

our midfield is a problem but it can be fixed by getting better ones. not merely by getting rid of priddis. at least he gets the ball. why can't others? oh yes priddis gets in their way some people say. horseshit.

i have criticised priddis in the past but as time has gone on, its other midfielders who need to step up. not him step down.
And yet the Plodder didn't get one single Centre Clearance v Brisbane and we won the game. And he a stinker in that game.

Care to comment about how the team fell apart without him?

Rookie coaches seem to take a year to get into the groove.

Their pre-season was good and they jumped out of the blocks, and were on top of the ladder after three rounds. I'd be worried that he's shown his hand already. But as others have said, too early to call.

WC has a fair amount of latent talent, but the side is too tall without the addition of some quality runners. Assuming he's been limited until now by existing contracts, Simpson will get a chance to better shape the side at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back