News When is Marley getting sentenced? Announced today!

Remove this Banner Ad

No joke for me:D

I can not tell you because it is against BF rules to refer to other threads....
I did that today. Am I to be punished? I plead innocent on the grounds that I didn't know it was a rule. Obedience to rules is 1 part knowledge, 1 part conscience and 3 parts enforcement. No consequence means obedience is withheld, and conscience and knowledge become slaves to expediency.

Congratulations to Marley. So glad he got off lightly. VFL games will be of even greater interest the next 3 weeks. The variables that make or break a season are suddenly working in our favour. 2014 looks to be a better year than earlier thought possible for the Pies.

There is nothing wrong with standing up for yourself, but it is always a decision you make to end something with violence. Pride is the downfall of so many of us, especially in a bar, after a few drinks, with all the pretty girls and our mates watching. The reality is, 5 seconds of standing up for yourself is not worth 12 months in prison, or 3 months, or 25 years if someone cracks their head on the bar. Eventually, after a few more generations we will all come to realise this.
Don't count on it FAIR, violence is part of the human psyche and controlled only by a thin veneer of what we call civilization. There will always be bullies and thugs. The only choice you have when confronted by such is whether you allow yourself to become a victim and statistic or not.

It has nothing whatsover to do with pride, but then if you had been in such situations - as I have - you would know that already.

Mods can we have a rule where you just delete posts from these arguments once they stop being relevant to the topic at hand? Its so boring reading pointless tit for tat about who said what when, and it doesnt seem to be that rare anymore. Its just tiresome even having to scroll through it so I'd imagine itd be even worse for you having to actually read the whole thing
76woodenspooners Vicky Park Magpie Girl

Mods can we have a rule where you just delete posts from these arguments once they stop being relevant to the topic at hand? Its so boring reading pointless tit for tat about who said what when, and it doesnt seem to be that rare anymore. Its just tiresome even having to scroll through it so I'd imagine itd be even worse for you having to actually read the whole thing
76woodenspooners Vicky Park Magpie Girl
Actually pp I think the thread has past its use by date, as I said to Blaze in a previous post somewhere - we are going over the same ground and just dragging the whole thread down.

The sentencing has been acheived with a good outcome for both errant young man and club, congratulations have been voiced and seconded I don't see the need for the thread anymore except for some to continue sniping away.

Newspapers and politicians love being tough on crime because it's a basic slogan and resonates with the community. They also love criticizing judges and sentencing because they are soft targets who are not allowed to respond to them. Basically the only way to get the full picture of what is going on is to read the judges words themselves. The papers and talk back radio are about the last thing you want to read. They want to sell papers so creating outrage and shock is usually going to trump an objective analysis of what happened. Given that way more people listen to talk back and read the papers its not surprising that most feel he got away with one.
This x 1000.

Never underestimate the absolute stupidity of most people. The media don't.

To clarify my point from earlier, the other reason I think Marley needs to become a borderline recluse for the next 12 months is because the dicks of this world will no doubt be egging him on and giving him s**t in the hopes they get the right reaction out of him.

If he spends the next 12 months, 12 months out of an entire lifetime simply going from home to work and back home then he'll be fine.

No, He will most likely return to melbourne in a week and return to training then
Nope, wrong again
You have got to stop pretending you have inside information about Collingwood.
You don't and now its becoming laughable

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/22868120/williams-returns-to-magpies-training/

Collingwood will soon make a decision on when WA's Marley Williams will return to senior football in the VFL.

Williams was yesterday handed a suspended 12-month jail sentence after being convicted of grievous bodily harm in a Perth court.

However, he returned to Melbourne last night and resumed training with the Magpies this morning.

Nope, wrong again
You have got to stop pretending you have inside information about Collingwood.
You don't and now its becoming laughable

Collingwood will soon make a decision on when WA's Marley Williams will return to senior football in the VFL.

Williams was yesterday handed a suspended 12-month jail sentence after being convicted of grievous bodily harm in a Perth court.
However, he returned to Melbourne last night and resumed training with the Magpies this morning.

It's pretty annoying how he always comes on this board giving us his "inside information" that has been wrong 100% of the time...

Inb4 he brings up he knows Nick Maxwell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"@JerrieDemasi: LIVE - Judge Wager - finds that the 3 men deliberately ripped their shirts on the dance floor"

Anyone know what this was about?

hulk-shirt-rip.gif

It's pretty annoying how he always comes on this board giving us his "inside information" that has been wrong 100% of the time...

Inb4 he brings up he knows Nick Maxwell

Yes I spoke to him today. And my post about Marley Williams was just personal thoughts.

I was very surprised he was at training today. He wont be playing AFL straight away, he'll be playing VFL first off, common sense obviously considering what he has been through.

Yes I spoke to him today. And my post about Marley Williams was just personal thoughts.

I was very surprised he was at training today. He wont be playing AFL straight away, he'll be playing VFL first off, common sense obviously considering what he has been through.
I think we already knew that Marley would not be lining up against Essendon this week. As you say, common sense suggests he will play several VFL games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back