News When is Marley getting sentenced? Announced today!

Remove this Banner Ad

The contract is with the club not the league

I am not saying I support the AFL taking further action, but it doesn't matter that the contract is with the club.

To be able to play in a AFL sanctioned competition, you need to be a registered AFL player, they have the power to de-register or suspend him. Collingwood can still choose to continue paying him, but he wouldn't be able to play football in a AFL sanctioned competition.

Exactly the same as most professional occupation. For example a solicitor is employed by there business and given the right to practice law from legal service board (I think), if they commit a crime they can then be stopped from practicing law, but they can still be employed by the business

I am not saying I support the AFL taking further action, but it doesn't matter that the contract is with the club.

To be able to play in a AFL sanctioned competition, you need to be a registered AFL player, they have the power to de-register or suspend him. Collingwood can still choose to continue paying him, but he wouldn't be able to play football in a AFL sanctioned competition.

Exactly the same as most professional occupation. For example a solicitor is employed by there business and given the right to practice law from legal service board (I think), if they commit a crime they can then be stopped from practicing law, but they can still be employed by the business
A Courier loses their license.
VicRoads says that person cannot drive, but their employer can still employ that person

Williams looks a certainty to play VFL this week and AFL after round 8 according to media reports and AFL statements. I think we can now put this discussion to bed and move on to topics of a more pleasant nature, such as how we are going to fit Williams, Seedsman, Reid, Adams and Brown etc into our currently successful line up. We are facing the prospect of having an embarrassment of riches in the playing group. Where is that pesky penguin THATSGOLD? It would be interesting to get his take on the newly formed level of optimism that pervades our forum.

Lose either of the next two and that optimism will quickly evaporate in certain sections of our board. There's nothing like a loss to an arch rival to rile up the masses!

Lose either of the next two and that optimism will quickly evaporate in certain sections of our board. There's nothing like a loss to an arch rival to rile up the masses!
I too can be a Negative Nelly on such occasions. Staying away from game threads is a useful preventative measure against such unwanted outbursts. Having tasted more success than many thought possible this year, perhaps posters will be more circumspect in their comments in the event of a loss.

I too can be a Negative Nelly on such occasions. Staying away from game threads is a useful preventative measure against such unwanted outbursts. Having tasted more success than many thought possible this year, perhaps posters will be more circumspect in their comments in the event of a loss.

They won't if it falls that way. Logic and rationality fly out the window when emotion gets involved...

On another note bringing the discussion to this point probably indicates that the thread is on it's last legs. Not a bad time for everyone to move on IMO :thumbsu:

A Courier loses their license.
VicRoads says that person cannot drive, but their employer can still employ that person
Hell yes BJ from personal experience I know this to be the case as I had a few guys over the last 20 odd years lose their license and come into the radio room or phone room to assist, thus keeping a valuable and experienced employee productive whilst waiting for the suspension to eke out.

That being said there is a huge underground trade in license points amongst professional drivers who simply can't afford to lose their license, the fee for accepting other drivers point losses can be astronomical :eek:

An excellent outcome for Marley now and very relieved to hear that he's avoiding jail time. I was fearful that he would do some jail time but thankfully this isn't the case.

Nevertheless for those that think Marley got off supposedly well he was still convicted of a serious crime and he's received a 12 month suspended sentence so he's hardly been let off so to speak. Admittedly, Marley pleaded not guilty but his work off the field has to be commended as well and he's clearly shown some maturity in this whole case as well.

I hope he can get back to playing footy soon because we've missed his presence in the side this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back