When will the umpires actually know the rules?

Remove this Banner Ad

My understanding is that it's only illegal disposal if you throw it or hand it to a team mate.
If a team mate rips it out then normal HTB rules apply, so if you've had no prior op and you are attempting to dispose of it and a team mate rips it out then it's play on. If you have had prior op then HTB.

The more ambiguous the rules are the more scope the AFL has for 'interpretation'.
This helps their agenda of evening up the competition and keeping crowds coming to games. There is no other logical explanation as to why we see games like Port vs Carlton.
Not a single infringement by Carlton in the whole last quarter?Give me a break.

The more ambiguous the rules are the more scope the AFL has for 'interpretation'.
This helps their agenda of evening up the competition and keeping crowds coming to games. There is no other logical explanation as to why we see games like Port vs Carlton.

Carlton memberships probably have been declining they need some hope.

Cash rules

You were beaten well before the last quarter bud, just lucky they forgot how to win or you would have been embarrassed.

You were beaten well before the last quarter bud, just lucky they forgot how to win or you would have been embarrassed.
The delusion is strong in this one. I know you've had it rough for a few years now and Carltons effort was admirable on the weekend but there's no denying the umps gave you a leg up to get over the line by 4 points. I was there on the weekend and even heard one Carlton supporter start talking about finals :drunk:

Do the umpires realise that a player cant be tackled with the ball and a team mate come in and rip the ball out of the team mates arms??? Its illegal disposal and the team should be penalised. I truly don't know why its over looked time and time again.

Yeah you are not allowed to do that.

Could crack down on holding the man as well while they are at it, would result in fewer stoppages overall.

Yeah you are not allowed to do that.

Could crack down on holding the man as well while they are at it, would result in fewer stoppages overall.

I've also noticed that players are being tackled before they even get to the ball at contests reducing any opportunity to get rid of the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The delusion is strong in this one. I know you've had it rough for a few years now and Carltons effort was admirable on the weekend but there's no denying the umps gave you a leg up to get over the line by 4 points. I was there on the weekend and even heard one Carlton supporter start talking about finals :drunk:
At the end of the day you had 8.5mins to kick a single goal to win the game, there were no free kicks in our advantage in that time. You only have yourselves to blame for failing to get over a side that had forgotten how to win.

As for the few rough years comment, you had 1 good one and now you are s**t again, move on son.

Do the umpires realise that a player cant be tackled with the ball and a team mate come in and rip the ball out of the team mates arms??? Its illegal disposal and the team should be penalised. I truly don't know why its over looked time and time again.

Mate, we are the rules. o_O

When will fans realise that they add ZERO value on gameday and could one day be replaced by mirrors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back