Where are St Kilda at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if a no.1 draft pick like McCartin is only as good as Mooney I'll be disappointed.

If he can be as good as Roughead who he's been compared to in terms of playing style I'll be pleased.

He is similar size and build to Roughhead. If he can be 85% of the player that Roughhead is then he is a big win for the Saints. If he is as good as Roughhead then I think we have a squad that will be a genuine challenger. While to go yet.

Hogan and Cameron will be Carey and Dunstall.

McCartin more like Matty Lloyd - Still a gun but seen to be on a level below the absolute superstar forwards.

Boyd will be Salmon. Up and down as a forward before being turned into a very good ruckman.

Last edited:
Cameron mooney was bog average.

A number 1 draft pick KPF needs to be far better.

We develop picks pretty well as well as KFP so he should be a gun.
Yes, Mooney was bog average, but that didn't stop Geelong winning two premierships with bog average key forwards (IMO Hawkins was bog average also until the second half of 2011). Nor West Coast snagging one in 2006.

All of the flag winners had awesome midfields though, so that as long as McCartin is good enough (e.g. better than Watts or Scully) then that will be fine - if he's Mooney standard then he'll be paid Mooney wages, which will allow us to spend more on mid.s or overall depth.

Watched McCartin on Sunday after watching closely in the 18'S CHAMPS and the bloke is a beast of a player. Any talk of the Saints cocking up pick one is so far off the mark its not funny.

McCartin >>>>>Hogan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Moore>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boyd
Moore hasn't even played a game yet good work champ

St.Kilda has made a lot of sacrifices and now they are slowly paying off. When success does come not sure Richardson will be the coach. He has done a fine job, but St.Kilda needs Ross Lyon or Clarkson to take them to the next level. It was St.Kilda's fault that Lyon left the club, and full credit to Fremantle for pouncing when they did. St.Kilda has more than enough talent now and it is time to start climbing the ladder.

St.Kilda has made a lot of sacrifices and now they are slowly paying off. When success does come not sure Richardson will be the coach. He has done a fine job, but St.Kilda needs Ross Lyon or Clarkson to take them to the next level. It was St.Kilda's fault that Lyon left the club, and full credit to Fremantle for pouncing when they did. St.Kilda has more than enough talent now and it is time to start climbing the ladder.

St Kildas fault Ross Lyon made bad investments and lost all his money? :rolleyes:

Lyin is the last thing we need.

Yes, Mooney was bog average, but that didn't stop Geelong winning two premierships with bog average key forwards (IMO Hawkins was bog average also until the second half of 2011). Nor West Coast snagging one in 2006.

All of the flag winners had awesome midfields though, so that as long as McCartin is good enough (e.g. better than Watts or Scully) then that will be fine - if he's Mooney standard then he'll be paid Mooney wages, which will allow us to spend more on mid.s or overall depth.

Except Mooney was taken with pick 56 and not pick 1. You don't spend pick 1 on a player you expect to be average.

Hogan and Cameron will be Carey and Dunstall.

McCartin more like Matty Lloyd - Still a gun but seen to be on a level below the absolute superstar forwards.

Boyd will be Salmon. Up and down as a forward before being turned into a very good ruckman.

What about Sunshine ? He can play a bit :)

If Mccartin can be Mccartin, and a gun, I'll be pleased.

I don't sit around saying Reiwoldt is a great Carey...

If the saints can win a flag in the nexr decade I'll quit my job and watch rw-runs of the granny until my mrs leaves me.

Future looks bright. Alan Richardson seems to have his team traveling in the right direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wooden spoon team guys.

Barring injury and turncoats I don't see this group missing out on a flag. Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself but my faith in this group is very high.

It's think it's easier to pump in a lot of young talent and look promising. The challenge is being genuinely competitive against the top tier of the comp, and becoming one of those top 4 teams. Port Adelaide demonstrate just how hard it is to continue to improve.

lmfao at 'dont see this group missing out on a flag' off the back of a game vs Essendon. Looks like 17 other clubs will be winning premierships.
lmfao? i reckon the dogs saints prelims were funnier than that post. but yeah sick post bro! Must suck knowing we've already caught up to your rebuild even though we started 2 years later.. also we aren't paying a spud 1 mil a year to get cooked by full backs each week, instead traded for one of the best full forwards in the comp with pick 48.. and we still have paddy to come in! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh gtfo

lmfao? i reckon the dogs saints prelims were funnier than that post. but yeah sick post bro! Must suck knowing we've already caught up to your rebuild even though we started 2 years later.. also we aren't paying a spud 1 mil a year to get cooked by full backs each week, instead traded for one of the best full forwards in the comp with pick 48.. and we still have paddy to come in! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh gtfo
your rebuild is chit m8.

we annihilated your fully mature team (older + way more experienced) without our best players from 2014 i.e. Libba, Griffen, higgins, Cooney etc.

The fact that you only started your rebuild one year later and couldnt bridge that gap via stacking experience is laughable.

Dogs prelim funny? i thought what happened 2 weeks later was a great hoot.

your rebuild is chit m8.

we annihilated your fully mature team (older + way more experienced) without our best players from 2014 i.e. Libba, Griffen, higgins, Cooney etc.

The fact that you only started your rebuild one year later and couldnt bridge that gap via stacking experience is laughable.

Dogs prelim funny? i thought what happened the 2 weeks later was a great hoot.
Annihilated? You fell over the line by a goal.

your rebuild is chit m8.

Dogs prelim funny? i thought what happened the 2 weeks later was a great hoot.
Bulldog supporters still bitter towards St Kilda :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back