Where are St Kilda at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very very happy!

Basically every pick from 3 years of draft are showing something, most showing excellence.

Come on tell me you aint jelly over lonie?? Gun.

Know what? This dumb argument about which team is younger or has more'young guns' at this stage, is entirely speculative and has no substance. It doesn't matter. Time will tell which team will go further, maybe all the way to a flag. If last weeks game was an 'annihilation', then round 6 must have been an apocalypse.

ok telling a poster that thinks he is guaranteed a premiership after beating essendon and bumping a buried thread otherwise is 'shooting down hopes and dreams'.
how do you not understand, one posters opinions don't reflect all saints fans.

ffs…….

Drinking game.

Every time a Dogs supporter mention their "young list" in a Saints thread.
drunk within the 1st page.

sick of their crap on the main board. tho saints and other teams also do it but every saints thread is ruined by dogs supporters

Last edited:
I like what St Kilda is doing their list. Will be interesting to see how the club goes when teams start looking at them closely ie Port Adelaide.
thats when we introduce our secret weapon Mccartin :p:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As pathetic as Essendon were, the Saints were still a delight to watch today. Got plenty of good youngsters and looks like they've got the right coach. Them and the Western Bulldogs both seem to be tracking very nicely and I now have hope that we will get that "Dream Grand Final" between the Saints and the Dogs in the not too distant future.

I think the team is well ahead of where most Saints supporters thought they would
be this year. Need an A grade mid but seems not much else if Goddard fills CHB.

But we should also understand it is much harder to play this game plan when you are expected to win. Power are finding out now that with expectations comes pressure.

Richardson is an extremely good developer of youth. They are in good hands. If they nail their draft picks in coming years it will be a sharp rise up the ladder. Will then be a matter of whether he can get them over the line where Lyon and co failed.

Development is clearly there, but think they still need to hit two trade and Draft periods hard. Pity the next two drafts are said to be light on midfielders, but hey, take the genuine KP players whilst they're there, maybe trade them on for picks etc

Development is clearly there, but think they still need to hit two trade and Draft periods hard. Pity the next two drafts are said to be light on midfielders, but hey, take the genuine KP players whilst they're there, maybe trade them on for picks etc
Plenty of good midfield talent in the top 10 this year. If the top 3 are all tall (eg. Schache, Wietering, Francis), then that leaves the likes of Parish, Mathieson, Balic and possibly Dunkley for us and I'd be happy as Larry to add any of them to Steven, Armitage, Billings, Dunstan, Acres, McKenzie, Lonie, Sinclair, Newnes and co. and then there's the fact we're looking like having a monumental amount of salary cap space available to hit the trade and free agency periods super-hard over the next two years.

I notice that Treloar still hasn't re-signed. If we offer him enough money we could be becoming a more attractive destination by the week if he wants out of GWS and back to Vic. If not, we probably go super-hard at the likes of Whitfield and Kelly next year until we land someone.

Last edited:
Drinking game.

Every time a Dogs supporter mention their "young list" in a Saints thread.
only if your buying, cos I don't have that much cash

Know what? This dumb argument about which team is younger or has more'young guns' at this stage, is entirely speculative and has no substance. It doesn't matter. Time will tell which team will go further, maybe all the way to a flag. If last weeks game was an 'annihilation', then round 6 must have been an apocalypse.
Yep I agree I remember back in 03-04 people liked to compare Geelong and St Kilda a lot and that turned out to be correct as both teams contended for years, but it seems any time a young team has a good win they are going to dominate in 2 or 3 years time when the reality is it's just not that simple.

There seems to be one striking difference between this current Saints side, and the one under Lyon's tutelage: if Lyon set a gameplan and left it untouched, without responsive tweaks throughout the match, games would almost always slip away from the Saints, but under Richardson, leaving the side to their own devices and "trusting" them has resulted in this recent Essendon drubbing, and that comeback. Lyon's gameplan was methodical, and anything that can be written down on paper can be picked apart on paper; Richardson seems to be utilising a more natural style of play, which is harder to combat.

If this trend continues, it could be the difference between a flag and another agonisingly close season in the future.

yeah still need to replace Fisher, Dempster, Delaney, Roo and Monty

H.Goddard is unproven, just like McCartin, but both show promise in 2 years time, so thats maybe Fisher/Roo covered
Delaney is ok, but I'm sure we can do better
Dempster we maybe have covered in our current crop of young HBF's ( Webster/Mckenzie ), both show good promise, but need games

Mids are easier to find, at all levels of the draft, good mids take less time and we still have 2 years before we begin to challenge for finals, big cap room and FA still to play. We have a decent young list, but i think there are still a heap of guys who are on very short notice for the careers, and same number again that could be upgraded ( replaced by a better player with less deficiencies ) in the coming 2/3 drafts

I'm not predicting GF's like a few other clowns but we should be playing finals in 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back