Where are St Kilda at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. Maybe not.

If the kids were really elite, they'd already be in the team.

It's ironic that those two players mentioned in the post you've quoted had very little impact in their first years.

Montagna played 30 games in 4 years.

Riewoldt only 6 in his first season.

Using your logic I guess that means they weren't elite talents, seeing as they weren't straight in the side.

Statements like these are why very few are taking you seriously.

I think in general most Saints fans are pretty glad that after 10 years of finals the inevitable years of pain are being handled in the right way.

Your club has rolled up its sleeves and got on with it, without putting its hand out for priority picks or other rubbish. That I can appreciate.

The flip side of the "you overrated your list and topped up" argument is that St Kilda did not choose to bottom out, but it just happened because of poor list management. And this year is living proof that St Kilda is definitively not tanking.

It's ironic that those two players mentioned in the post you've quoted had very little impact in their first years.

Montagna played 30 games in 4 years.

Riewoldt only 6 in his first season.

Using your logic I guess that means they weren't elite talents, seeing as they weren't straight in the side.

Statements like these are why very few are taking you seriously.

Bang.

Goddard was labelled a spud for about 3 years before he came good.

I believe St.Kilda have one of the better young lists and squad to work with in the future.
4-5 years they'll be challenging and have the tools to compete if all goes to plan under Alan Richardson who has shown is a quality coach & person with the players.
The only weaknesses would be the tall defenders. Fisher, Dempster probably not long left and not much there (from what I know) but have Goddard to work with and Luke Delaney is plugging away in the 2's who can be a solid Fullback.

Their midfield has great youth (Weller, Dunstan, Billings) along with some mid-late 20's who are playing great football (Steven, Armitage).
While up forward their stock I'm even jealous of. Mccartin, Bruce, Membrey and the smalls Lonie, Sinclair, Saad, Templeton.

Think they've done the rebuild to perfection. Within a few years they just need to land a couple of big fish in Free Agency which I believe they will and they're good to go!

Bit like Tom Boyd, hey? I mean if he was elite he'd already be in that doggies side. So I guess Tom Boyd isn't elite right?

Yeah, I guess. He's played most games though hasn't he? And kicked more goals than Riewoldt at the same age.

But yeah, not elite yet.

Thankfully, the Dogs are only paying him the base rate this year.

Yeah, I guess. He's played most games though hasn't he? And kicked more goals than Riewoldt at the same age.

But yeah, not elite yet.

Thankfully, the Dogs are only paying him the base rate this year.
also lets not forget the roo won the dam coaches award when he was 21.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why have about 30 of your last 40 posts been in St Kilda threads?
A quick look at your history says you pay a whole lot of attention to St Kilda, bit obsessive actually.

Trawling someone's post history is obsessive. And a little creepy.

Well I keep on seeing you pop up in St Kilda threads saying floggish things, so I thought it was a bit weird that you'd lie about not paying much attention.

I didn't lie. I truly don't take much notice of St Kilda all that much as they're a smaller, less successful club.

I just like to clear up the myths surrounding the quality of their list.

I didn't lie. I truly don't take much notice of St Kilda all that much as they're a smaller, less successful club.

I just like to clear up the myths surrounding the quality of their list.

So you don't pay much attention to the club yet you know enough about the list to feel confident enough to correct any misconceptions some people have about the quality coming through?

Is it just me, or is that a slight contradiction?

And Boristown more and more sounds like ManofClay, who has been conveniently absent lately, wasn't he only banned for one day? :p
If you use the search function, you can find the status of any BF member (suspended/banned, etc)

If you use the search function, you can find the status of any BF member (suspended/banned, etc)

Do you think he sounds like MoC in any way? Boris claims to know nothing about our club yet has plenty of opinions about us :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back