Where are they now (delistings / retirements since 2005)

caseman2

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2008
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A couple of the pre 2005 bunch and other odds-and-sods that are still kicking around:

Luke McPharlin obviously at Freo
Shane Tuck (rookie) obviously at Richmond
John Baird (rookie) still playing VFL at Port Melbourne
Trent Stubbs (NSW s'ship) is playing for the Sydney Hills Eagles
Brett Johnson is coach of Montrose in the EFL and GM of Player Development at the AFLPA
Rayden Tallis also works for the AFLPA in the AFL Sportsready / player transition programme
Tim Hazell is a Player Manager/Agent
Nick Stone is now based in the US as a banker with ANZ
Bill Nicholls, well, you know already. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d-over-shootings/story-e6frg6nf-1226633790919
Funny you mention Nick Stone - being based in NY myself I have actually seen him play for the NY Magpies........

Mcem

Draftee
Jul 17, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jon Hay is playing with Shepparton in the Goulburn Valley this year. Saw him play a few weeks ago. Played well but far from All Australian form.

CYRIL_XFACTOR

Draftee
Sep 7, 2010
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Angelo also has some advertising banners at Box Hill FC, seems he is also a ANZ Banking rep.

A bit older I know but the Andy Collins coached West Adelaide FC is currently on top of the ladder with Trav Tuck as mentioned above.
They will be playing a Foxtel Cup match at the MCG against Port Melbourne on the 11th June.

That's correct re Lekka.. My mum is the assistant brach manager at the ANZ Bank in Toorak, and Angelo is a part of her customer service team.

Big Easy

Rookie
Sep 25, 2006
Heaven.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Matt Ball (brother of Luke) is captain of Old Xaveriens in the VAFA. They basically win A Grade every year so I'm sure he's enjoying his footy. Not sure how many games Matt played for us but it was only a handful from memory.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm

Zac Dawson - Fremantle
Brent Renouf - Port Adelaide
Luke McEntee - Amatuers in SA
Tim Walsh (Rookie) - Glenelg Football Club (SANFL)
Wayde Skipper - Port Melbourne Football Club (VFL)
Paul Johnson (Rookie) - East Perth Football Club (WAFL)
Nathan Thompson - East Doncaster / Commentator
Robert Campbell - Coaching clinics (with Dicko)

Thomas Willday (Rookie)
Peter Everitt - retired????
Simon Taylor
Broc MaCauley (Rookie)
Adam Pattison (Rookie)

What is it with HFC and rucks?

Bo Nixon is a lawyer with Norton Rose in Sydney, I believe. Broc McCauley works with Pitcher Partners, Simon Taylor with PWC, and Nick Holland is back working at Holding Redlich after a short, ill-fated stint at the Professional Footballers Association.

Pretty sure Craig Trelevyn (sp.) is working Fly-in/Fly-out (FIFO) as a tradie in regional WA. He works with my brother's best mate who is an electrician.

Pretty sure Craig Trelevyn (sp.) is working Fly-in/Fly-out (FIFO) as a tradie in regional WA. He works with my brother's best mate who is an electrician.

Daniel Chick is also another FIFO, working as a crane operator in the Pilbara.

Pretty sure Kyneton aren't fielding a senior team this year due to lack of numbers when Thommo didn't recommit as coach. Only fielding reserves team.

Yeah - that misrepresents the situation totally.

Thommo and Derrick could not recommit due to both having young families and the tyranny of distance - one living in Doncaster and the other in Bendigo, but that had bugger all to do with the mass exodus of players.

rjslcM

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2008
Glen Waverly
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australia, Roger Federer.
Last known clubs

Danny Jacobs - St Kilda City Football Club (SFL) as of 2010
Nick Holland - CEO of Professional Footballers Australia (quit 2012), was previously a lawyer before that.

Last known clubs

Danny Jacobs - St Kilda City Football Club (SFL) as of 2010
Nick Holland - CEO of Professional Footballers Australia (quit 2012), was previously a lawyer before that.

I believe that Holland is working for Paul Horvath Lawyers now.

What happened with Holland and the PFA?

Always hoped things would smooth over with Nick and we would see him back at the club in some capacity. Maybe not at the club per se, but somewhere in the background helping out if required.

Combining these thoughts with a few other recent threads ...

When we committed to Dunstall for a record fee back in the day, did we sign him as a Hawk for life like he seems to be now? I mean, how much would we have lost if he had of taken the 10 year deal and gone to the bears. On the one had, he took a lotta cash, cash we maybe couldn't afford the time. Maybe we couldn't afford to keep some others, and then the crisis of 96 was just around the corner. On the other hand, with that commitment, did we sign the guy for life, which sees him still doing the off field job he's doing for us today?

When thinking of the return we got for signing him as our franchise player, and the ongoing long term return we are still reaping, would this help people see the Buddy situation in a slightly different light? I mean, if we sign Buddy now, are signing him for life? I'm not suggesting he's gonna go on and be a media star, or sit on the board or whatever, but he could forever be an iconic face of the club. Even if some may consider us paying overs for him in terms of on field return, how much would we reap down the track on the back of his.

Wrong thread I realise, but whenever I look in here and see some of those names, I can't help but think of the what ifs.

Back