List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Every single thing he wrote is true
Wow, gotta say. Most times fans hear ex-players talk about their club, they rip the ex apart. Just go over to the Pies board and find how they reacted to Nathan Freeman talking NICELY about Buckley to the Age! :eek: Heck, I'm sure we Saints fans would be the same. But there's almost none of that here. Either you guys are more magnanimous, or things were REALLY bad under Bluey.

Wow, gotta say. Most times fans hear ex-players talk about their club, they rip the ex apart. Just go over to the Pies board and find how they reacted to Nathan Freeman talking NICELY about Buckley to the Age! :eek: Heck, I'm sure we Saints fans would be the same. But there's almost none of that here. Either you guys are more magnanimous, or things were REALLY bad under Bluey.

Bluey set our club back a couple years. It was a joke. Although as we have said Mav rates himself much too highly. Always came across as figjam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most thought the decision to delist Mav a strange one at the time. He had underperformed, was very inconsistent and his disposal was atrocious but was always a highly rated junior. Bluey seemed to have his favorites and Mav wasn't one of them.

Last edited:

Dyson Buderick has signed on with the Sharks since leaving the GC Academy.
Good to see a GC local sticking around. I wonder if he will enter the draft? Wouldn't mind picking him up with a later pick if his development continues!

Started reading and thought to myself here we go again an ex-GC Sun going off with a big head ("I was a victim of my versatility") but he reeled it in and showed a bit of class thereafter about his departure. I think Mav Weller should be taking notes.

"People should take notes from the way Gorringe has acted about the situation."

I'll take 'things I never thought I'd hear' for 300, Alex.

yea Dan. The only reason Im not an AFL footballer is because I was so good at all the positions I couldnt decide which one to play professionally, so I get you. :rolleyes:

At least he is finally realizing he is infact not as good as people touted when he was drafted, and there is more to footy than being super fit and running around the field aimlessly. Maybe Carlton will be able to bring out the best in him. That was hard to type with a straight face!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I laughed at Gorringe's interview - what a tool.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it well known that Dan reads the GC sub forum of Bigfooty? I also had a little chuckle at the "victim of my own versatility" comment. I remember this time last year he genuinely believed he could cement a place in the 22 as an on-baller which just seemed ridiculous for a guy standing 200cms who had been injured for the last four years. Steven May also happens to be versatile and can play several positions but that didn't stop him from locking down a spot in the 22.

Can Gorringe play as an on-baller/winger at the AFL level? I doubt it. Can he be versatile for a KPP/ruckman if he stays healthy? Perhaps. However, my understanding of achilles injuries are that they never really go away and will always be problematic. Hopefully he can do something at Carlton because I think there is no doubt in anyone's mind that he was a huge disappointment at the Suns given his draft position.

Nathan Bock coaching the Southport Sharks in 2015:

MgymObD.jpg

Jared Brennan playing for the Southport Sharks in 2015:

V3WlNuJ.jpg

ulzjI5O.jpg

Josh Hall scored the winning try for the Penrith Panthers' in a trial match against the Canterbury Bulldogs yesterday. Sounds like he was playing on the wing:

Brad Keighran slotted the conversion to lock the game up at 20-all with ten minutes to play.

The Panthers needed something special. Enter Josh Hall - the AFL convert - to put on a sweet step, dive over in the corner and score a 78th-minute match-winner. Cleary missed the conversion but the final siren sounded.

FULLTIME - Panthers 24-20

good on him for getting a spot, but I've gotta say I'd never have expected this haha. has he been training with NFL teams in aus? Is the Arizona gig an actual contract or just a trial with practise squad or whatever?

I knew he had retired from footy and gone over to the States to try out, so it's good to see him picked up. :)

To be honest, his sheer athleticism probably doesn't compare to the elite US athletes, but it's likely not far off. That was never his issue. His ability to tackle, be disciplined to a man also was never questioned. In fact, those were all hallmarks of him. He is ridiculously disciplined as an athlete. Couple that with his 20m sprint times (2.80 I think?) will leave him well prepped to cover receivers.

His only problem was kicking the ball and having spacial awareness in our game. Two things he doesn't have to worry about as a CB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back