Autopsy Where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

DeesFan

All Australian
Sep 4, 2009
TBA - Just sold house
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just wondering has any player that have left Melbourne set the world on fire?

Rivers - Cats - Just a bit player, not sure if he has improved.
McLean - Blues - in and out been ok last couple of years but struggled early.
Moloney - Lions - Can't even get a game and most likely delisted at end of year.
Warnock - Gold Coast - Hasn't done much and will most likely be delisted at end of year.
Bennell - Eagles - Coming back from injury last year but can't see him adding value to Eagles.
Sylivia - Freo - Think it was the worse mistake he has made going to Freo, not sure if he will play in seniors again this year.

Frawely - If he looked at the above, he might play in a final but is the grass always greener.

I know some were trade / delisted but they haven't been great player for us or the teams they are at now.

Have I missed anyone?

How are Giz, Morton going now? haven't heard anything.

Apparently Bennell was playing well earlier in the season for the Eagles, but I've barely seen them this year so couldn't tell you. Ricky Bobby has been in and out of the Tigers side, hardly setting the world on fire. The only one is Stefan Martin has been killing it for Brisbane in the past two months as their number one ruckmen. From memory he had a couple of similar bursts of form with us before returning to below mediocrity.

Not sure you're being entirely fair. I don't think guys who move at 25+ are supposed to improve; they're brought in to play a role.

Rivers - Cats - Been solid for them, just like he was for us.
McLean - Blues - Been good for them since he eventually worked his way into the side 18 months in.
Moloney - Lions - Started okay, can't get a game now.
Warnock - Gold Coast - Filled a spot when the young defenders were developing and was never going to be a long term addition.
Bennell - Eagles - Played most of this season... I think dependable is probably a fair assessment.
Sylvia - Freo - Glad he left and hilarious how little he's done. I thought he'd be a certainty for 30 odd goals playing as a forward in the midfield rotations. campaigner.
Petterd - Tigas - Broke into the team this season and has been playing some reasonably good football. Kicking can still be a liability though.
Martin - Lions - Been very good with every other ruckman out. When they come back... ?
Morton - Eagles - Delisted with a whimper. That one is lost to football.
Gysberts - Kangas - Delisted and not heard from again as far as I know.
Cheney - Hawks - In and out, has been okay when in without ever looking likely to keep out the players he was replacing.
Thompson - Crows - Been terrible for them. Win for us.

Morton plays for Perth Demons in the WAFL with his brothers
Gysberts plays in the Eastern footy League with Norwood. I think Bate is also there.
Cook - Still in the vfl for North Ballarat Roosters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back