Prediction Where do we finish in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

5th-6th 2016

2017 i would like to think top 4 is realistic
Why would we improve in one season? We probably won't get any better in 2016 than in 2017 while we will be losing Swan and Cloke and Pendlebury become another year older. May also lose Sidebottom. Also I dont see us drafting heavily at the end of 2016 plus we have lost picks.

Why would we improve in one season? We probably won't get any better in 2016 than in 2017 while we will be losing Swan and Cloke and Pendlebury become another year older. May also lose Sidebottom. Also I dont see us drafting heavily at the end of 2016 plus we have lost picks.
Why start a thread about predictions and then sook and whinge about someone's prediction? Oh that's right I forgot sorry, you done it to troll people for something to do. ;) #forpersonalamusement

Why start a thread about predictions and then sook and whinge about someone's prediction? Oh that's right I forgot sorry, you done it to troll people for something to do. ;) #forpersonalamusement
Not sooking discussing. Curious how we improve from in one year. I see 2015 -2016 a change in the list which might see us improve but can't see how will be a better list 2017 over 2016.

Not sooking discussing. Curious how we improve from in one year. I see 2015 -2016 a change in the list which might see us improve but can't see how will be a better list 2017 over 2016.
Make a opinion thread then about how can we improve instead of prediction durka durka

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7-10
Just not sold on the forward lines, goal kicking ability.
We have a top midfield and a good defense with Reid back and since young talent back there, but the forward line is the issue.
Unless Moore comes on, but most young players have the second year blues so it's all on Cloke and Elliott again.

7-8.

It is hard to see us going backwards from last year (injuries aside)and the new additions should help us turn a couple of close losses into narrow wins (as well as gradual improvement from the young list). 12-13 wins is the expectation.

We missed the finals this year by two close losses and with a percentage superior to 8th. Not that hard to imagine natural improvement from Moore De Goey Scharenburg Grundy etc along with recruiting of Aish Howe and Treloar and full seasons from Reid Cloke and Greenwood will move us at least a couple of spots.

Another pre-season where almost the entire squad will be on the track. It'll be the second pre-season in a row where that happens. I can't state enough how important it is to have as many bodies at training. It helps with the embedding of the game plan, the gelling of the players and their understanding of how each other plays. And we have 23 players in the 1 - 4 years bracket that get another year into them. How can we not improve, and continue to, for the next three or four years?

As for 2016? Finals, with at least one win. But TG is right to be concerned about our forward line. If our forwards had maintained their accuracy in the 2nd half of 2015, we would have played finals. We have a midfield that is on the verge of blossoming into something truly awesome, but it is all useless if our forwards keep kicking 7.12.

A starting midfield consisting of Pendles, Adams and Treloar represents an engine room that's as good as any in the competition including Hawthorn. The backline is getting better with Scharenberg and Maynard being smarter and more skilful defenders than either Toovey, Goldsack or Sinclair. The forward line needs a lot more work before we start winning premierships. However we have a good blend of high end talent and experience which should have us somewhere in the top 8 by end of next season.

Why would we improve in one season? We probably won't get any better in 2016 than in 2017 while we will be losing Swan
Swan hasn't ruled out playing on
and Cloke and Pendlebury become another year older.
And De Goey, Adams and Treloar improve.
May also lose Sidebottom.
Then an Improving Aish and Broomhead replace him.
Also I dont see us drafting heavily at the end of 2016 plus we have lost picks.
If we lose Sidebottom we'll be back in the drafto_O

Say why again, I dare you.
i8q_gM3m0dosYDRbajmnZb54gEtukGEjp2rV_LICf2aAFeL_snjsT1y283JxyFy1q36vIxCaLkBJgzmu1cYOT8YIhRuCf2If0vglRVjxiezzMEFL_7okRrXNthkiFL5ASbIdq6Wf9ElKcl_k9aGQ-7iIM_Q=w200-h300-nc

For the record I think we will finish 4th after the home and away season. From there anything is possible...

Bottom half of the eight is a realistic goal. Injuries will always play a part, but with the natural improvement of our young players and a more productive year from Cloke we can certainly finish around 6-8th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back