Prediction Where do we finish in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to think that.

But I always read his posts. And unlike Mick39, I'd miss TG if he was gone.

Wait until you read his posts after a loss. Your opinion will change.

I expect the following teams to either tread water or drop off Sydney,Adelaide, Richmond, Doggies (just for 1 year - much like Port) Nth (just too old)

That leaves Hawks, Eagles, Freo and probably Port pushing for a top 4 birth. The next 6 will be tight with improvement in Geelong, teh aforementioned Port, GWS, Us, Stkilda and the dees.

That said I'm pretty bullish about our midfield and expect us to finish 6-8

I expect the following teams to either tread water or drop off Sydney,Adelaide, Richmond, Doggies (just for 1 year - much like Port) Nth (just too old)

That leaves Hawks, Eagles, Freo and probably Port pushing for a top 4 birth. The next 6 will be tight with improvement in Geelong, teh aforementioned Port, GWS, Us, Stkilda and the dees.

That said I'm pretty bullish about our midfield and expect us to finish 6-8

Richmond and WB won't drop off. WCE will be up there, Port should return.

I expect Freo, Syd, Adelaide, and Hawthorn to drop off a bit. Freo and Hawthorn finals definitely, but I'd be surprised if they dominate again (both clubs have been up there since 2012). Next year will be a transition year. I expect GWS to push further up too.

Richmond and WB won't drop off. WCE will be up there, Port should return.

I expect Freo, Syd, Adelaide, and Hawthorn to drop off a bit. Freo and Hawthorn finals definitely, but I'd be surprised if they dominate again (both clubs have been up there since 2012). Next year will be a transition year. I expect GWS to push further up too.
You could be right. my reasoning re Richmond is that I don;t think they have a lot of improvement in them and the law of averages says that they're destined to have a poor year injury wise. I don;t think they have a lot of depth. Doggies are going to be a power but I think their draw last year allowed them to overachieve. They'll find it harder this year. I agree Hawks won;t be as strong. This year may well be a transition year as Hawks, Freo, Sydney and North run out of gas and the younger teams take over. GWS, Dogs, Port and us . Geelong is the fly in the ointment. They obviously believe they've put themselves in the premiership window -I don;t see that. Dangerfield is a jet the other recruits.... meh

5th place is my expectation with this group. With Treloar, Howe and Aish added, the young core group having another season of work behind them and no best 22 players lost. This team should finish very close to top 4.

5th place is my expectation with this group. With Treloar, Howe and Aish added, the young core group having another season of work behind them and no best 22 players lost. This team should finish very close to top 4.

Spot on NM!

If you have us finishing 5th, who would be the other teams that are playing finals next year?

If you have us finishing 5th, who would be the other teams that are playing finals next year?

It's a great question.

My attempt at this stage is:
1. West Coast
2. Hawthorn
3. Richmond
4. Port Adelaide
5. Collingwood
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Sydney
8. Fremantle

With apologies to Geelong and GWS, both of whom I see as firmly in the mix. Adelaide and North Melbourne I see dropping out of the top 8 with other clubs in my view probably passing them by.

Geelong will be a popular top 8 choice but losing Johnson, Kelly, McIntosh, Rivers, Stokes. That's a lot of experience. Then Enright, Bartel, Lonergan, Mackie, and Taylor are all a further year older. So even adding Dangerfield, Henderson, S.Selwood and Z.Smith. I see them as a wild card but not necessarily a top 8 team, as my current projected 9th placed team.
GWS on the other hand live and die by the health of Mumford, and with his poor durability I'm not necessarily seeing him playing much more than he did last season, if he stays health though GWS can be a top 4 side, such is his importance.

Adelaide without Dangerfield probably aren't a top 8 team and North Melbourne have an ageing list with a terrible lack the young talent which will lead to a step back.

As for those top 8 teams. West Coast adding Redden and Jetta is incredible and critically McKenzie is back. Hawthorn without Lake is a step backward but they'll still be up there. Richmond can be good again and maybe even a touch better with Yarran adding an extra good number. Port Adelaide underperformed and have the pieces to be a top 4 side with Dixon and Toumpas improving those last few slots inside the best 22. Collingwood as before are better with Treloar, Howe and Aish with no major losses and the younger players better. Western Bulldogs will be stronger with Liberatore and their young core group will continue to grow and improve but I'm not yet seeing a top 4 standard list and expect a harder draw and other teams taking them more seriously to cause a relative levelling out. Sydney have lost talent with Jetta, Goodes, Shaw, Pyke and Bird all gone and some key players ageing. Fremantle overperformed last year finishing with only the 5th best percentage through the H+A season and dropping off terribly over the second half of the season, Bennell is a nice addition but with McPharlin gone and Sandilands and Pavlich ageing while they'll hold things together and remain highly competitive due to Ross Lyon's consistently great coaching that's a badly ageing group without enough good young talent or the quality of key position players other than Pavlich to remain a top four side.

Last edited:
Geelong will be a popular top 8 choice but losing Johnson, Kelly, McIntosh, Rivers, Stokes. That's a lot of experience. Then Enright, Bartel, Lonergan, Mackie, and Taylor are all a further year older. So even adding Dangerfield, Henderson, S.Selwood and Z.Smith. I see them as a wild card but not necessarily a top 8 team, as my current projected 9th placed team.

Did you account for Geelong's super easy draw in your assessment? That alone should get them in the top 8.

Prediction time again.

9th.

Still doing that sad thing where you attract negative attention like a little child that's been ignored :rolleyes:

So moving on and ignoring your topic seeing as you refuse to take it seriously here are the youngest 22 players at the club

Backs
Maynard Frost Scharenberg
Langdon Marsh Williams

Mids
Grundy Treloar Adams
Crisp De Goey Broomhead

Forwards
Fasolo Moore Aish
Witts Gault Elliott

Int
Ramsay Oxley Goodyear Wyatt

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still doing that sad thing where you attract negative attention like a little child that's been ignored :rolleyes:

So moving on and ignoring your topic seeing as you refuse to take it seriously here are the youngest 22 players at the club

Backs
Maynard Frost Scharenberg
Langdon Marsh Williams

Mids
Grundy Treloar Adams
Crisp De Goey Broomhead

Forwards
Fasolo Moore Aish
Witts Gault Elliott

Int
Ramsay Oxley Goodyear Wyatt
Gault at full forward and Witts next to him is a liability. Won't make the 8 with them playing. Cloke needs to kick 70 goals for us to have any hope. Can't see that. Jesse White is past his used by also. Messy up front.

Gault at full forward and Witts next to him is a liability. Won't make the 8 with them playing. Cloke needs to kick 70 goals for us to have any hope. Can't see that. Jesse White is past his used by also. Messy up front.
No s**t dopey, the youngest 22 has a few holes to plug over the years

Say something else shocking and controversial you infant

In 2002 we had

A. Rocca
Cummings
Tarrant
Fraser
Molloy
all playing forward. We would kill for at least 3 of those going in to 2015.
At the time you were calling all of them fat pigs, duds and spuds

Say something else you don't really believe for attention

That is a youngest 22 not a best 22. Pretty bloody impressive list on that basis

In 2002 we had

A. Rocca
Cummings
Tarrant
Fraser
Molloy
all playing forward. We would kill for at least 3 of those going in to 2015.

Cloke the equal of rocca
Moore potentially better than fraser
Reid as good a footballer as Tarrant just needs to play forward. Tarrant failed to trouble the scorers in the 2002 finals series

Cummings as good as useless...how many games did he play for the pies...refresh my memory?
Molloy a washed up hack by the time he came to Collingwood. Cost us Michael too, a great Malthouse mistake

Last edited:
Cloke the equal of rocca
Moore potentially better than fraser
Reid as good a footballer as Tarrant just needs to play forward. Tarrant failed to trouble the scorers in the 2002 finals series

Cummings as good as useless...how many games did he play for the pies...refresh my memory?
Molloy a washed up hack by the time he came to Collingwood. Cost us Michael too, a great Malthouse mistake
The night we beat Brisbane they all played and all contributed. Potent tall forward line compared to 2015-16.

I think we would at least make finals, we've been pretty close the last two seasons and we haven't lost too much quality in that time. But we have brought in plenty of talent as well as the natural development of the younger players which should see us move up.

Our list is in pretty good shape going into next year with Swan the only player getting to that stage where you would expect his performance to diminish.

I would think we would finish somewhere between 5th and 8th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet by 2003 GF our forward line was kinnear walker and J Cloke, as well as tarrant.

Talk about revisionism.....

I can remember a game where mckee beat primus but that doesn't mean he was any good

Accidentally stumbled across a replay of that Grand Final the other night, managed to change channels before it brought back too many bad memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back