Where do you keep your sauce bottles ?

?

• Cupboard

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • Fridge

Votes: 39 41.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Grew up with them in the cupboard, although when I was living alone I thoughtlessly changed to fridge for opened ones (especially when it says so on the bottle). Didn't realise until I went to see my parents and was annoyed at soy sauce being left in the cupboard.

I mostly use soy sauce and pasta sauces, which should both be in the fridge. Occasionally have a chilli sauce. Haven't owned tomato sauce since I left home several years ago. Never bought mayo.

As a pescetarian who doesn't like cold salads, I don't really tend to get tomato sauce/mustard/salad dressings.

I own a lot of sauces and relishes, so stuff like fish sauce, hot chili and vietnamese dipping sauce gets put in a big tupperware container at the bottome of the cupboard. The bottles are quite big.

Meanwhile, tomato sauces, relishes, mustards and curry pastes get to live in the fridge. Some live in the shelves at the door, others at the top shelf at the back.

I hope this answers your question.

The red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar and other vinegar lives in the cupboard too.

I'm renovating my kitchen in April and it will take about three months, so be sure to come back to this thread mid-year and I'll update you.

I'm renovating my kitchen in April and it will take about three months, so be sure to come back to this thread mid-year and I'll update you.
Looking forward to coming back in that time and finding out you keep your sauces in a walk in humidor.

We're waiting!

We're waiting!

Thanks for your patience.

I have a huge cupboard now with long pull-out drawers, and the bottom drawer contains my sauce bottles.

On the subject of sauces, I made my own mayonnaise the other day. I should have done it years ago. Stick three egg yolks in your blender, add a little vinegar and mustard, then turn on the blender. Pour in oil (if your using olive it should NOT be extra virgin) slowly until it looks like mayonnaise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for your patience.

I have a huge cupboard now with long pull-out drawers, and the bottom drawer contains my sauce bottles.

On the subject of sauces, I made my own mayonnaise the other day. I should have done it years ago. Stick three egg yolks in your blender, add a little vinegar and mustard, then turn on the blender. Pour in oil (if your using olive it should NOT be extra virgin) slowly until it looks like mayonnaise.

makes you wonder how it was invented given it would be pretty hard work by hand

Back