Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
Noticed on the GWS board they have a thread regarding where they seen a GWS jumper, was up in the Pilbara a time back and spent some time watching a Indigenous sports festival, was taken aback when a Team from Jigalong wore the GC Suns jumpers.

Jigalong is a long way from the beach and on the edge of the Sandy Desert :)

Rabbit_proof_fence_map_showing_route.PNG

The Jigalong Suns in action in Nullagine.

GclN3ag.jpg

When I lived in London I use to see them all the time. They are pretty big in London with the expats. I almost saw more suns jumpers than Chelsea ones!

When I lived in London I use to see them all the time. They are pretty big in London with the expats. I almost saw more suns jumpers than Chelsea ones!
I used to live in London and didn't ever see one :( Saw plenty of Sydney and West Coast ones though.

Actually the first year the Suns played in the AFL i was at a Indoor cricket center and a kids party was being held, one of the kids was wearing a Suns jumper, which in Joondalup Perth was a bit of a suprise and TBH have not seen many in Perth since.

Possibly see the Suns jumper in Moree ?.

We are welcoming into the TAFL League the MOREE SUNS. The final decision was only made yesterday, as the Moree committee had to fulfil a list of obligations, that we required, before we made the decision. Their homeground will be Harbourne Oval, which is a dedicated AFL Ground, which was the home of the Moree Saints till they disbanded in the 90's.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc...sID=17050&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=33177964

I live in Omaha, Nebraska and I own a Gold Coast guernsey that was given to me by a friend who lives in Perth and just 20 minutes ago I oredered a Gold Coast hat and jacket.
I can't imagine you've been wearing it recently given the climate :p

Do you ever get anyone asking what the team is, or what AFL is? Love seeing Americans pick up AFL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't imagine you've been wearing it recently given the climate :p

Do you ever get anyone asking what the team is, or what AFL is? Love seeing Americans pick up AFL!

Oh no I'm definitely not wearing it with this weather.

I always refer to it as footy here because in America the AFL is Arena Football League. They think it's a soccer jersey but it says AFL and that confuses the hell out of them.

I then have to explain how I picked Gold Coast to support. They're blown away just like I was when they find out how old some clubs are. I picked GC because they were new and I was already given a guernsey.

I do love this sport. Only been following since mid January but already bought the golden pass. I'm watching games from last year everyday.

Can't wait for the season to start. I gotta go with Dion Prestia as my favorite player on the Suns.

Oh no I'm definitely not wearing it with this weather.

I always refer to it as footy here because in America the AFL is Arena Football League. They think it's a soccer jersey but it says AFL and that confuses the hell out of them.

I then have to explain how I picked Gold Coast to support. They're blown away just like I was when they find out how old some clubs are. I picked GC because they were new and I was already given a guernsey.

I do love this sport. Only been following since mid January but already bought the golden pass. I'm watching games from last year everyday.

Can't wait for the season to start. I gotta go with Dion Prestia as my favorite player on the Suns.
thats awesome.. welcome to the suns!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back