Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
It he going to sign with the Roosters or Rabbitohs? Will he stay at the Sharks or switch the Rugby Union. What does everyone think?

Would be interesting to see what the Roosters and Rabbitohs offer him as both teams are losing big forwards in Sonny Bill Williams and Sam Burgess to Rugby Union. They will both have some money to burn.

Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
Hmm nah. I know he was seen at the Union on the weekend having a look at everything. And it looks like he might be considering the jump, but i think it was a ploy to get the NRL clubs to freak out and start offering ludicious contracts in a bidding war.

papabear

All Australian
Jun 18, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
If the roosters get him their salary cap shouold be looked at very closely.

Sonny reportedly signed for only 400k, so him leaving wouldnt be enough. Then there would be all the upgrades to fringies who are now quality like cordern, guerra, Knappa etc.

Easts can't have it both ways, if they sign a player on the cheap, when that player leaves it can't have released a craptun of salary cap space.

Training Mad

All Australian
Nov 16, 2011
The Big Apple
AFL Club
St Kilda
How the hell do all the other clubs recruit so many players, the storm get kids and rejects and got done for salary cap FM

Longer taps Savage Goal. Centimetre perfect by the Saints from the boundary 50m out!

Mint Condition

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Doubt he'll switch codes though that rumour has been going for a while. If he did he'd be taking a pay cut in the short term.

How the hell do all the other clubs recruit so many players, the storm get kids and rejects and got done for salary cap FM

Longer taps Savage Goal. Centimetre perfect by the Saints from the boundary 50m out!
Worst kept secret is the NSW accountants.

papabear

All Australian
Jun 18, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
in nsw we don't type up two different contracts and keep them on hand.

IMO the biggest dodge team are easts and news limited/broncos

Borry

Protected Species
Aug 15, 2004
You never never know if you never never go.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Sydney
What a boofhead.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...fita-to-the-club/story-fni3g67w-1226869916996

CANTERBURY has sensationally terminated the rich contract for Cronulla Test star Andrew Fifita.
The Bulldogs signed Fifita earlier this month to a four-year deal worth a reported $3.5 million.

Fifita is said to be shocked at the decision.

Canterbury has been accused of having too many forwards for next season after signing Fifita.

The statement from the Bulldogs stated that they had advised Fifita’s management that he would not be playing for the club “given the final terms of the NRL Playing Contract could not be agreed.”

Bulldogs Chief Executive Raelene Castle said: “After signing a Memorandum of Understanding with Andrew we’ve not been able to agree on the final terms of his NRL Playing Contract and have ceased negotiations with his management.

DON’T SWITCH TO RUGBY FOR MONEY, ARU WARNS FIFITA

“We wish Andrew all the best for the future” Castle said

“Andrew is disappointed that we could not finalise terms with the Bulldogs but we still have several options in the pipeline to explore,” Fifita’s Management Group I.am Athlete Management said.

Last week Fifita made the contentious statement that he actually wished he had defected to rugby union.

“If I could go back now, I wish I chose rugby and then I wouldn’t be getting all the s*** I’ve been catching now,” Fifita said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...op-andrew-fifita/story-fni3gol8-1226867640060

Fifita said:
If I could go back now, I wish I chose rugby and then I wouldn't be getting all the s*** I've been catching now.

I grew up playing rugby so it was one of the best things. It's always going to be there and I will eventually go to union.

I've pretty much got everything in rugby league except a premiership and that's all I really want, and to win an Origin series.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Now there are reports he wants to sign the Bulldogs for $3.4m... A lot of the goodwill surrounding fifita and his rise up the ranks of league is being sorely tested over the last few weeks.

papabear

All Australian
Jun 18, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
The sharks are such bitches they shouldn't resign him either if he's that keen for union just piss him off and let him play the game he so desperately wants to play.

Back