News Where is Chris Pelchen at?

Remove this Banner Ad

essaynode

Senior List
Aug 24, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...otball-department-review-20141021-1197sc.html

Looks like he's been shown the door at St Kilda. Is it too harsh to blame him for our recruiting failures in the time he was at Hawthorn? (I'm thinking Thorpe, Dowler and Muston). We seem to have done a lot better with Graham Wright in charge.

Where will he go now? At the rate the Bulldogs are going, I wouldn't put it past them to add him to their staff!

Fairly certain that Carlton are in the hunt for a list manager, having thrown the big bucks at Wright, only for Hawthorn to foil that move.

Silvagni and Pelchen double-act?

Absolutely incompetent negotiator

Case in point the #1 draft pick

"It's on the table"

"But it would need to be a fantastic deal, we're waiting for clubs to bring us offers"

Hmmmm.....so is it on the table or not?? Are you interested in deal??

"Offered #4 and #7 by GWS"

Rejected, you must be kidding, if you weren't going to complete that trade just what were you expecting the other clubs to offer!

Imbecile

I hope he stays involved at AFL level somewhere.

It means it's one less club we need to worry about.

Just what you need coming up to draft day.

BTW the drafting of Muston was not a failure. Had he not done his knee in the NAB Cup game in Adelaide in 08 I think you would have seen a much better player than the one who finally made his debut a year later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be very very very lucky to get a gig at the Box Hill Hawks, let alone back to us.

I've never met him, but given the success he has experienced and yet he is so universally disliked, he must be one almighty d*ckh*ad

I've never met him, but given the success he has experienced and yet he is so universally disliked, he must be one almighty d*ckh*ad
He has tunnel vision when it comes to draft picks, it is all he thinks about.

Very very hard to deal with in trades as well, the reason he was shown the door at the Hawks.

Anywhere but Hawthorn please

While Graeme Wright is at the club, I'm purely speculating, but there's no chance of Pelchen returning.

I always felt with no insider knowledge that he was revolutionary around player payments and front and back-loading contracts, as well as all the stuff he did on the number of A, B and C grade players.

I also always felt that he got too cute at draft time and always wanted to go for the high risk high reward player, which usually back-fired.

Sorry, that title just needed to be amended. Carry on.

Ha ha, the thread title change means this thread will end in disaster!

Chris Pelchen to end up managing the New York Yankees on a $10 million contract ...

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back