Where to now?

Porked04

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Congratulations on securing the services of Worsfold during this difficult period, it's a terrific sign of respect for both the Adelaide football club and Phil Walsh that he is prepared to help out. I hope he is able to be a rock for both the club, players and supporters throughout this tragic period. There isn't a better short-term replacement than Worsfold that could step in right now to guide the ship.

FWIW though I believe long-term Worsfold isn't the right man. He seemed completely burned out at the end of his tenure at West Coast. And not that he is entirely to blame and not to tarnish his character, but he did let a serious drug culture go largely unpunished at West Coast. I think long term Peter Sumich would be an excellent choice. He would be able to relate to the players on a personnel level given his time working with Walsh as an assistant and has always been highly regarded. He has worked with great tacticians in Worsfold, Walsh and Lyon and would have a burning desire and hunger to take on a senior role.

All the best against West Coast this week and congratulations again on todays appointment

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Great news. The only doubt I have is that for Worsfold it's almost a knee jerk reaction. Hopefully when things calm down he doesn't have any regrets. There's not long to go until the end of the season though, so I'm thinking all will go well.
Cant see it being a reaction. He would have thought about the best way to gelp out his mate without having the massive pressure of the main gig.

Our Admin have been truely truely outstanding in the past 72 hours, if our players rise to the same level we might see some special things.

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
FWIW though I believe long-term Worsfold isn't the right man. He seemed completely burned out at the end of his tenure at West Coast. And not that he is entirely to blame and not to tarnish his character, but he did let a serious drug culture go largely unpunished at West Coast. I think long term Peter Sumich would be an excellent choice. He would be able to relate to the players on a personnel level given his time working with Walsh as an assistant and has always been highly regarded. He has worked with great tacticians in Worsfold, Walsh and Lyon and would have a burning desire and hunger to take on a senior role.
Sumich may have some tactical awareness but doesn't come across as highly intelligent/captivating/inspiring like Walsh.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
How would it have worked for the interim job, not that it matters now.

It really has to be this way. As no-one from outside knows our game plan etc or the players.

On a side note I'm constantly flipping from accepting this and feeling like this is a bad dream. And I want it to stop.

Back