Opinion Where will Ben Griffiths go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Talls my friend, talls.

200cm, 100kg, athletic, kicks it a mile, could play both ends and even 2nd ruck, with a few years in the system already.

Clubs will be willing to give that another shot, and will be willing to pay something reasonable for it. Second rounder would be very gettable.

However if Griff wanted to stay, I'd knock back the second rounder and give him another year, there is something there I reckon.
100% right on all counts.

The stars are aligning. Vickery showed that he's got what it takes to play and now gives Griff an opportunity to up his trade value, although he might just leave on his own if we can't come to terms with other teams.
I want BG to go and watch the retirement vid of Maxwell in front of the players. If you believe the rumours that he wants out or he is sooking, he should get the advice of maxy. He essentially says to don't blame anyone else and take it apon your own shoulders to own your career.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-07-16/exclusive-maxwell-retires

Read in Sundays herald sun that Dimma had encouraged grif to go back to the twos and take more marks and kick more goals and that they want him to be more of a forward than a ruckman! It also said he hoped to negotiate a new contract with richmond

Read in Sundays herald sun that Dimma had encouraged grif to go back to the twos and take more marks and kick more goals and that they want him to be more of a forward than a ruckman! It also said he hoped to negotiate a new contract with richmond
Hope so . Reckons he's gone though

Confident he and the club want each other.
I hope your right . Any footballer in the world has the right to feel cheated when they are dropped and Shaun Hampson is getting a game in front of you. Poor Benny has been shafted numerous times this year so I hope your right.

As I said the little I have been told is that's the case .... but things can certainly change, especially if clubs do start coming with offers of $$ and game time.

I hope your right . Any footballer in the world has the right to feel cheated when they are dropped and Shaun Hampson is getting a game in front of you. Poor Benny has been shafted numerous times this year so I hope your right.

He is a paid employee of the RFC, he is paid to perform.

If any other profession decided to sulk at work they would be looking for a new job.

Harden up and do the job you are paid to do.

Hope so . Reckons he's gone though

Griff is likely trade bait, but the club won't do a deal unless it's absolutely necessary.
I can see us having up to seven delistments and retirements, and there are plenty in the queue ahead of Griff for that.

i hope they give Griff the rest of the season to save his rfc career, coz Mcbean is in the wings, and Vick is having a good second half to the year.
Griff has so much upside that he just needs to pull his finger out. and the coaches need to start backing him a little more - i get the feeling he may pull a Jay Schulz

Confident he and the club want each other.

I hope so but not confident. We had a contract in front of him since early in the year, its nearly August and he has not signed. He would get greater opportunities at a club like the bulldogs and if that did come to pass then it would be a great opportunity to see if we could get a trade for a small with pace, as they have a glut full of them.

i hope they give Griff the rest of the season to save his rfc career, coz Mcbean is in the wings, and Vick is having a good second half to the year.
Griff has so much upside that he just needs to pull his finger out. and the coaches need to start backing him a little more - i get the feeling he may pull a Jay Schulz
Jay Schulz could absolutely dominate the two's, even kicking 10 goals in a match. Griffiths has never done such a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so but not confident. We had a contract in front of him since early in the year, its nearly August and he has not signed. He would get greater opportunities at a club like the bulldogs and if that did come to pass then it would be a great opportunity to see if we could get a trade for a small with pace, as they have a glut full of them.

Who are the speedy smalls at the dogs that interest you Tig?

Hahahaha who is that in your avatar? Imagine if Vicks did that on friday.

A perfect one that has potential, like Griff who shows upside but either injury or form has hampered them, Clay Smith. Griff for Clay with a swap of picks would be a win/win for both clubs IMO. Clay would be our jake King replacement, he has similar aggression and that's something Hardwick loves.

A perfect one that has potential, like Griff who shows upside but either injury or form has hampered them, Clay Smith. Griff for Clay with a swap of picks would be a win/win for both clubs IMO. Clay would be our jake King replacement, he has similar aggression and that's something Hardwick loves.

Clay did his knee again last week

Hence why I think they might be interested. With out the injuries to his knee, we would be no chance as the guy IMO has the potential to be a dead set gun. Get him right, he has age and ability on his side.

Would we really trade for someone whos having his second knee reco in as many years and will miss most of next season?

Would we really trade for someone whos having his second knee reco in as many years and will miss most of next season?

I would. Keep in mind Griff only currency is potential. Griff *MAY* improve the dogs straight away. Where as Clay is a risk, but his upside is huge. I would make a spot on our list for a quality injured future gun ( rate him highly) but I doubt the dogs will go for it as they rate him as much as I do.

Jay Schulz could absolutely dominate the two's, even kicking 10 goals in a match. Griffiths has never done such a thing.

Excellent post mate ... the hype around Griffiths for the past four years has far exceeded output. Yes he has had some injuries, but face it, he has shown none of the application or desire to be remotely successful at the top level. If we're still hanging our hat on him as the next big thing we are in strife. The moment Griff learns that he is not going to be gifted 22 games and needs to earn his stripes to remain in the top 22, he MIGHT be a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back