Opinion Where will Ben Griffiths go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Read in Sundays herald sun that Dimma had encouraged grif to go back to the twos and take more marks and kick more goals and that they want him to be more of a forward than a ruckman! It also said he hoped to negotiate a new contract with richmond
I read the same article, it really made my day as I believe he just needs confidence in his own ability which it seems with the support of Dimma ..he could just achieve.We have put too much time and money into his development to give him away when he could just be set to breakout and prove his worth. After all this has been his best season to date.
[

I read the same article, it really made my day as I believe he just needs confidence in his own ability which it seems with the support of Dimma ..he could just achieve.We have put too much time and money into his development to give him away when he could just be set to breakout and prove his worth. After all this has been his best season to date.
[
Same
Let's hope griff takes the opportunity created by Tyrones suspension
Seriously want him to stay with us His kicking is a weapon...great mark as well

Vicks has actually done that before lol

280021-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

Same
Let's hope griff takes the opportunity created by Tyrones suspension
Seriously want him to stay with us His kicking is a weapon...great mark as well
If Hampson is picked ahead of him again I'll personally write him an apology in behalf of the Richmond Football Club.

It cracks me up to see people call him a sook when he was subbed and dropped and treated like poo while Hampson was gifted games and picked again after being subbed off at half time for being totally shite only to be picked again the next week.

The fact he is exploring his options isn't sooking it could be best described as escaping an asylum . Hopefully he stays because he is going to be a beast if coached right.

If Hampson is picked ahead of him again I'll personally write him an apology in behalf of the Richmond Football Club.

It cracks me up to see people call him a sook when he was subbed and dropped and treated like poo while Hampson was gifted games and picked again after being subbed off at half time for being totally shite only to be picked again the next week.

The fact he is exploring his options isn't sooking it could be best described as escaping an asylum . Hopefully he stays because he is going to be a beast if coached right.

While I agree with the sentiment.... Griff should be picked ahead of Hampson forever and a day.... I'm worried about his on-field combativeness more than anything. He should be playing like the beast of a man that he is. I honestly think Vickery has the same issue sometimes. Too often Ty would not crash a pack and then try to make up for it by wrestling some idiot in a useless show of strength. He's just starting to get over it (maybe not after the Cox incident!) but it has taken some time. He can't be sooking about selections because the only way he can control it is to force his way into the team, not on having performances not as crap as Hampson's but by being the best player on the field (or close to), clunking marks (which he did on the weekend) and booting long goals. Use the rejection as ammo, bowl a few blokes over at training or in the VFL and become a physical presence.... he's getting there I think... just wish it was a bit quicker.

That's what Griff needs to do. Crash into people, split some backs, intimidate some people. Nothing Griff has really done has shown me that he believes he belongs in our best 22 or as a senior AFL player. I think he does but until he really believes it, maybe develops a little strut like the great forwards usually have, I don't think he'll become one. This next four weeks gives him a chance to play like he belongs.... the other guys will feed off it.... Provided he gets bloody picked (come on match committee....fingers crossed).

Built like Tarzan plays like Cheetah.

He is not up to playing like Jane's as yet.

He needs to impose himself on the field

Could trade with the dogs i suppose.

Griffiths for Higgins win/win deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could trade with the dogs i suppose.

Griffiths for Higgins win/win deal.

Griffiths is worth WAY more than Higgins.

Plus Higgins is a free agent so we wouldn't have to trade anything.

Griffiths is worth WAY more than Higgins.

Plus Higgins is a free agent so we wouldn't have to trade anything.

I realise he is a free agent, but if we wanted him they would take it.

Can you explain why he is worth more?

I realise he is a free agent, but if we wanted him they would take it.

Can you explain why he is worth more?

As other people have said, He's 200cm can play forward, Ruck on as a KPD. He has great skills for a guy his size and he is only 22. He won't play his best football until he is 25.

Higgins is skilful but injury prone and has never been able to play well for a consistent period. He isn't defensive enough and plays his best footy when he's unaccountable. Thats why he's in the reserves at the moment.

As other people have said, He's 200cm can play forward, Ruck on as a KPD. He has great skills for a guy his size and he is only 22. He won't play his best football until he is 25.

Higgins is skilful but injury prone and has never been able to play well for a consistent period. He isn't defensive enough and plays his best footy when he's unaccountable. Thats why he's in the reserves at the moment.

Higgins as shown he can play great football, Griffiths has done nothing at all.

So we should wait another 3 years? No thanks!

And I think he's in the reserves cause they know he won't be there next year.

Higgins as shown he can play great football, Griffiths has done nothing at all.

So we should wait another 3 years? No thanks!

And I think he's in the reserves cause they know he won't be there next year.

Well Higgins best football is behind him and soft tissue injuries only get worse with age. I'll only be happy if we get Higgins for peanuts.

Well Higgins best football is behind him and soft tissue injuries only get worse with age. I'll only be happy if we get Higgins for peanuts.

How do you know he's best footy is behind him? He could leave the dogs and have a new drive and be a gun.

How do you know he's best footy is behind him? He could leave the dogs and have a new drive and be a gun.

It's just my opinion. I think it's more likely than unlikely that he's played his best football.

He is a restricted free agent.

For the sake of giving away a forward who isn't interested I would do it,
You don't trade for free agents. The Dogs are offering him two years, if you want him offer three. If you want to trade Griffiths you do it in another deal, not give him away for free.

You either didn't watch the VFL on the weekend or you're clueless if you reckon Griff's not interested.

A perfect one that has potential, like Griff who shows upside but either injury or form has hampered them, Clay Smith. Griff for Clay with a swap of picks would be a win/win for both clubs IMO. Clay would be our jake King replacement, he has similar aggression and that's something Hardwick loves.
No to clay smith. Cant kick at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back