Where Will The Improvement Come From?

Remove this Banner Ad

don't assume improvement will just happen.
No it won't just happen, but the big variable is the change of coach. Sando wasn't inept by any means but he had moments of ineptness, often poor selection policy and at some point he lost the playing group.
If these things alone change, then we should get better.

I'm sure they would, they certainly have more talent but our talent can actually play every under 25 team on this website is dominated by our players

Problem is on this website isn't the most accurate judge of quality as majority know little about other teams... I couldn't name 10 players from any other club bar Adelaide for instance.

No it won't just happen, but the big variable is the change of coach. Sando wasn't inept by any means but he had moments of ineptness, often poor selection policy and at some point he lost the playing group.
If these things alone change, then we should get better.

I stated elsewhere that I am excited about this year and for the very same reason.....the coach. To me everything stems from him. If he has a shitty attitude so will the players. If he has a positive attitude so will the players, the coaches, the administration and the supporters. To me we have many players that we all know have the potential. We talked about it this year and in 2013. Some of those players are now on the fringe of stepping up. I just have a feeling that Walsh will help those players realise their potential. That alone will see us improve. We may not break into the top four but I believe we certainly will play finals and who knows perhaps we can replicate what Port has done....yes we hate to say it but lets be honest Port has turned itself around. Now its our turn.

I stated elsewhere that I am excited about this year and for the very same reason.....the coach. To me everything stems from him. If he has a shitty attitude so will the players. If he has a positive attitude so will the players, the coaches, the administration and the supporters. To me we have many players that we all know have the potential. We talked about it this year and in 2013. Some of those players are now on the fringe of stepping up. I just have a feeling that Walsh will help those players realise their potential. That alone will see us improve. We may not break into the top four but I believe we certainly will play finals and who knows perhaps we can replicate what Port has done....yes we hate to say it but lets be honest Port has turned itself around. Now its our turn.

Yes Power have turned 'themselves' around, and as the Beatles would say 'with a little help from my friends'........

Problem is on this website isn't the most accurate judge of quality as majority know little about other teams... I couldn't name 10 players from any other club bar Adelaide for instance.

i could and I barely cared about footy until late last year,

It's just you

i could and I barely cared about footy until late last year,

It's just you

It's more don't use the judges here as a source for your argument.

There are notable exceptions though, such as bigman... but stating, "people on the main board think we're talented" is just an argument that is just piss weak and wrong.

Just remembered another key frustration from last year. Our starts. Hopefully we can come out and look more like prize fighters ready for a bout than heavily sedated hospital patients. Same after half time.

We have the ability to brutalize opposition midfields. Not just brutalize, but haunt the opposition, create nightmares. Midfield was not unified last year.

Just remembered another key frustration from last year. Our starts. Hopefully we can come out and look more like prize fighters ready for a bout than heavily sedated hospital patients. Same after half time.

Actually, a good start to the season wouldn't go astray either. haven't had one of those since 2012. even 2 and 2 after 4 rounds would be tolerable. To be higher on wins than losses....oh lordy.

Just looked at that stats thing on the AFC website too - strength in numbers about our attack. Even though we were second in points for I still thought we had tonnes of attacking left, the amount of crap entries and turnovers were killer. Would love for it (our attack) to fire up enough to make playing us seem daunting before they even start. Tonnes better to be inside oppositions head before the game even starts if you can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back