• 13-14

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • 15-16

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 17-18

Votes: 13 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One has a Brownlow medal, one has naught, zilch, nada, nothing. I know which one I want at West Coast.

This comment of yours is an appeal to authority, with the umpires being your implied authority. You should only use such appeals to authority when you have an actual authority to call upon, not dubious so-called authorities who base their decision on subjective measures. This is why taking the path you have with your comment is worthless.

Yeah we need see if McInnes, Tunbridge, College etc are worth keeping or if they're cloggers.

After 3 years on the list i'd say it's the latter for Tunbridge and Mcinnes.

If i threw a potato onto the field, it would show more intensity then Tunbridge has at AFL level.

Colledge looks a solid WAFL player. One day, he could become Brad Dalziel. But lets not get over the top with our expectations just yet.

What have we done to lower the odds? We're having a torrid preseason with players not getting enough work in. Won't help.
Firstly, I need to get up to speed on the injuries. Don't follow as closely as I used to.

I'm telling myself its because they've had a year to get up to speed with the new coach and that Nicnat is looking injury free and ready to have his best ever year. :)
Worth a small punt to keep it interesting anyway. I like the Suns at $2.50 too.

If i threw a potato onto the field, it would show more intensity then Tunbridge has at AFL level.

Colledge looks a solid WAFL player. One day, he could become Brad Dalziel. But lets not get over the top with our expectations just yet.

I think McInnes will make it. I used to be too quick to judge developing talls. It takes about 4 years to develop a KPP. McInnes is now just starting his 4th year. McGovern is a year older than McInnes and broke out last year - his 4th year. It took Mackenzie about the same amount of time, too. McInnes may not be all that special as a player, but I don't think he'll be an absolute flop, like McDougall. He'll continue to develop this year and next. He needs to continue to work on his overhead marking to be a useful forward. I also don't think he'll be a bust because WC always have the option to turn him into a CHB, Mitch Brown style, of which I think he's capable.

I don't think Tunbridge will make it. He's a Darling-like tweener but with less talent, who can't find enough of the ball to make a significant impact. Unless he vastly improves his game this year, he's a de-list candidate.

College is going ok, but he needs to modify his game to be an AFL player. He can become a big-bodied IM, but at present he plays too outside to make it as an AFL player. College is not good enough an outside player to make it at AFL level, hence he needs to become a crash and bash IM to give himself a better chance. He's not going to ever evolve into the rare species of quality inside/outside mid. WC have an opening for a 6'2/3 big-bodied bull, so that's where he should try to find his niche. If College doesn't go down this IM path, he may well be a de-list candidate too, depending on how deep WC cull at season's end.

This comment of yours is an appeal to authority, with the umpires being your implied authority. You should only use such appeals to authority when you have an actual authority to call upon, not dubious so-called authorities who base their decision on subjective measures. This is why taking the path you have with your comment is worthless.

Keep taking your tablets. In fact I would double up on my medication if I was in your shoes. You have been misdiagnosed.

Keep taking your tablets. In fact I would double up on my medication if I was in your shoes. You have been misdiagnosed.

When you don't have a rational, logical and reasonable response you've resorted to nonsensical BS like this post of yours. Give it up! You gave your best and it was found wanting.

When you don't have a rational, logical and reasonable response you've resorted to nonsensical BS like this post of yours. Give it up! You gave your best and it was found wanting.

Reading rubbish from your insperational opinion is awe inspiring.
Knocking AFL players is one thing. Knocking your own players shows your thinking and knowledge of the game. Especially when he has just won a Brownlow.
Ever played the game K/jockey ???

Reading rubbish from your insperational opinion is awe inspiring.
Knocking AFL players is one thing. Knocking your own players shows your thinking and knowledge of the game. Especially when he has just won a Brownlow.
Ever played the game K/jockey ???

At least you recognize my opinions are awe inspiring. That's a start.

Critiquing players of the team one supports shows an ability to be rational rather than being a mere faiboi spouting 'go team'.

Winning a Brownlow doesn't make such a player beyond criticism. As I've previously stated, the Brownlow medal is based on the umpires subjective criteria. Hence it doesn't hold much weight as an authority. What part of that do you not understand?

If he has been misdiagnosed wouldn't he need a different medication? Taking double probably wouldn't work
images

Worked for him

Not from you no. Especially suggesting a footballer who butchers the ball is better than a Brownlow medallist. Shows how much you really know about football.

Priddis butchers the ball worse than any im in the comp

Under no pressure at all he is hopeless

He might get the ball a heap but thats all the umps see - they sure as hell arent seeing the very few useful disposals he has per game

And the minimal impact on the scoreboard

Tunbridge is the most talented of the three. At best the other two might be depth, Tunbridge is the only one with game breaking and star potential.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

What makes you say that ER because I haven't seen anything from Tunbridge that remotely suggests he is an AFL player let alone game breaking and star potential. All I see is a kid who runs around like a headless chook and has no idea about reding the play he always runs to where the ball is never to where it's going ..... I like his intent but not his footy smarts .

Would love to be proven wrong but I can't see any of them being AFL players .

Having said that I will cut McInnes some slack as talls do take a bit longer. Would be nice to see him dominate a few WAFL games and at least give is all some hope .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys. I hope I'm not intruding on the thread here...

My youtube show recently previewed West Coast's 2015 season, discussing younger players ready to step up, and what we're expecting in 2015. One of the three panelists, Vinay, is a passionate Eagles fan, and gave some great insight.

It was actually recording and released before the Beau Waters injury re-occurrence and retirement :)(), so just keep that in mind.

Enjoy!

What makes you say that ER because I haven't seen anything from Tunbridge that remotely suggests he is an AFL player let alone game breaking and star potential. All I see is a kid who runs around like a headless chook and has no idea about reding the play he always runs to where the ball is never to where it's going ..... I like his intent but not his footy smarts .

Would love to be proven wrong but I can't see any of them being AFL players .

Having said that I will cut McInnes some slack as talls do take a bit longer. Would be nice to see him dominate a few WAFL games and at least give is all some hope .

McInnes just doesn't have the capacity to take contested marks where they matter and kick goals, defensively he works hard but he can't compensate for his physical disadvantages in the speed and agility stakes. He's cumbersome, look towards lamb and even Powell becoming more effective forwards.

Colledge has talent and even some midfield application, but to what end? he's slow, lacks kicking penetration and is a below average clearance player as it stands. He has no discrete position to play as things currently stand.

Tunbridge can play as a forward and a highly potent one at that. If they can extricate his talent then he's a better chance of making it than if the above two do. Tunbridge has at least had a couple of BOG's in the WAFL, the other two haven't got near one.

McInnes just doesn't have the capacity to take contested marks where they matter and kick goals, defensively he works hard but he can't compensate for his physical disadvantages in the speed and agility stakes. He's cumbersome, look towards lamb and even Powell becoming more effective forwards.

For his size he is pretty agile. Neither Lamb or Powell are true KP players so i'm not sure they are competing for the same position. At this stage, McInnes is just depth.

Colledge has talent and even some midfield application, but to what end? he's slow, lacks kicking penetration and is a below average clearance player as it stands. He has no discrete position to play as things currently stand.

He has only really played one year of midfield but yes will need to become a clearance king to make it as a midfielder.

Tunbridge can play as a forward and a highly potent one at that. If they can extricate his talent then he's a better chance of making it than if the above two do. Tunbridge has at least had a couple of BOG's in the WAFL, the other two haven't got near one.

Fascinating, absolute BS, but fascinating. He got 1 sandover vote all of last year, and 3 votes the year before, which just goes to show how substandard he has been at WAFL level. Still, I would not be writing him off after one low-key preseason game.

Tunbridge doesn't lack intensity, just lacks composure not good enough for AFL.

Colledge looks to slow for AFL takes to long to get football from hand to foot.
Hopefully he can improve that aspect.

McInnes I feel is AFL quality just needs a chance, very good depth option at this stage.

For his size he is pretty agile. Neither Lamb or Powell are true KP players so i'm not sure they are competing for the same position. At this stage, McInnes is just depth.

Yeah nah. He's a tweener at 197cm and less agile than Lycett who's 203cm.

Large turning circle, limit vertical leap to protect his arms in marching contests. The list goes on.

QUOTE="Masto, post: 37149699, member: 88729"]
He has only really played one year of midfield but yes will need to become a clearance king to make it as a midfielder.[/QUOTE]

And he's been given a two year contract to develop his midfield game. So he has time on his side.

QUOTE="Masto, post: 37149699, member: 88729"]
Fascinating, absolute BS, but fascinating. He got 1 sandover vote all of last year, and 3 votes the year before, which just goes to show how substandard he has been at WAFL level. Still, I would not be writing him off after one low-key preseason game.[/QUOTE]

Not really got anything to say re: sandover votes. Not a relevant measure, particularly for a forward.

Tunbridge hasn't had a good run at it in any of the years he's been at the club and consistency is an issue within games and across from game to game.

But that doesn't matter when comparing him against low impact players like Colledge and McInnes who at their best haven't influenced results. Period.

Tunners went backwards last year, the move to East Perth and the coaches requirements didn't necessarily translate into improved form.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I read with interest Adam Simpson's views about the season ahead.

And this bit stood out:
Do you feel pressure to make finals this year?
No I don’t. I want to play finals footy. Our club wants to play finals footy. I wanted to do that last year.
It's all well and good to say that. Simpson is just dodging the question so it doesn't get thrown in his face nine months down the track.

But I hope he's under no illusions. Failure to play finals would surely have repercussions. With the age profile of our list, if we're not playing finals then it's back to the drawing board via the draft.

2015 is huge and paves the way for the next 5 years. It will either set us up or push us back. Personally, as long as there is improvement and we become more consistent...2015 will be a good start for the future.

Don't have high expectations for this year will probably finish 8th or 9th. Midfield looks pretty average again this year has been an Achilles heel for some time. Will be interesting to see if Colledge, Tunbridge and McInnes can break into the lineup. Looking forward to continued development from McGovern, Sheed and Yeo.

Basically treading water. We may finally see some improvement in the midfield but a couple of the sides that finished below us last year (Adelaide, Gold Coast) will probably improve. Poor preseason will catch up with us sooner rather than later.

Back