Which club do you hate more? Collingwood or Essendon?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a lot of respect for the Pies of late. They seem to run everything well

You mean like getting rid of one of the best coaches of all time who had built the club into what some were predicting to be a superpower, for an untried favourite son who has since coached them to progressively worse ladder positions in each of his years at the helm?

You mean like getting rid of one of the best coaches of all time who had built the club into what some were predicting to be a superpower, for an untried favourite son who has since coached them to progressively worse ladder positions in each of his years at the helm?

I meant to specify the MM era...

but yeah major stuff up on their behalf.

My hatred of North is pretty strong but Essendon* takes the cake.

I hate Collingwood with a passion... but only during the buildup to our matches... I can actually sit down and discuss football in general with Collingwood supporters because they have the same passion for the game we all love.

Essendon* and Essendon* supporters are something else. You can't talk football to an Essendon* supporter and if you happen upon a supporter from the Hird camp... you cant even talk to them about anything.

But I voted Collingwood... gotta hate the Carringbush mob.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Any hatred / rivalry that draws the crowds is a beautiful thing.

I hadn't been to any Coll v Carl games for several years but went to both in 2012.
The joy on Carlton supporters faces after a few years of one way traffic, while annoying for me, gave me heart that the rivalry was still strong within the fans themselves, and not just a media beat up.
It meant something to them, not only to win a game, but to beat 'those bastards'.
The joy wasn't a 'pleasant smile', it was aggressive. It bought tears to their eyes. It made them want to fight, but as always they kept control.
It therefore gave meaning to our next two years of wins, and likewise your wins against us in the future.

Keep the hate strong. The hate gives it meaning. But thankfully it isn't a Glasgow hate.

And who is this essendon you speak of ?

Kudos to your work on the HTB vjknight :thumbsu:

Good to see our disdain for those dirty cheating Bombers is at a similar level.

Essendon without doubt. Rival for No.1 premiership holder. The thumping in 93'. The Denham/Coates/Williams incident. The temerity of Bomber supporters calling us cheats over the salary cap when they won a flag amidst 6 years of salary cap rorts. "Honest" Ron being behind our penalties. Beefed up druggo breaking Carrot's scapula. And now the drug scandal and their Jamestown culture tops it off for me. Would be happy to see the earth scorched and salted out at Tullamarine.

Any hatred / rivalry that draws the crowds is a beautiful thing.

I hadn't been to any Coll v Carl games for several years but went to both in 2012.
The joy on Carlton supporters faces after a few years of one way traffic, while annoying for me, gave me heart that the rivalry was still strong within the fans themselves, and not just a media beat up.
It meant something to them, not only to win a game, but to beat 'those bastards'.
The joy wasn't a 'pleasant smile', it was aggressive. It bought tears to their eyes. It made them want to fight, but as always they kept control.
It therefore gave meaning to our next two years of wins, and likewise your wins against us in the future.

Keep the hate strong. The hate gives it meaning. But thankfully it isn't a Glasgow hate.

And who is this essendon you speak of ?

Well hello there.

Nice of you to drop by vjknight :D

#lovetohateCollingwood

Such a tough choice...

It changes very often, but for now I hate essendon more.... barely.

Right now im probably hating hawthorn supporters more then essendon and Collingwood supporters. They really love to show off how good there team is and think there footy gods just because there team won a premiership... twice. Just very cocky and arrogant most of them hawthorn supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well to answer the original poster, John Dough I find that most Hawthorn supporters are contemptible. :p

Essendon have certainly soiled themselves over the ASADA affair, so them.

'Hate' is probably not the verb for Collingwood. They can't help being born that way. "pity" perhaps. ;)

Essendone. 90% of my family are Bummer supporters, so there has been a life long rivalry there for me.
The fact that some of them have tried to defend their clubs actions throughout the dope saga has just increased the intensity of the rivalry even more.

Used to be the Pies.

Every year they'd get to the GF and all week before the game it was Their Year, and I'd just keep my mouth shut while they prattled on and on and on...........sure enough, out we'd come and knock them off. We did it so often, felt a bit sorry for them, they were never good enough.

Essendon are a bunch of sneaky shits, never trusted that lot since I was a kid........plus the fact that every single member of my family, mother, father, brother, sister, uncle's, aunties, cousins all barrack for them, and they carry on like they split the atom when they knock us off.

Essendon easily.

Like most have already said, I enjoy the rivalry with the Pies and don't particularly hate them. I also respect the loyalty of their supporters, even when they're playing average/rubbish. Same goes for the Tigers. A lot is said about the Tigers and microwaving their memberships, but they're still there the next ******* week. Can't say the same for our lot.

I have been assaulted by an Essendon fan at a game, simply for cheering for Carlton at the standing room end, wasn't drunk, nor made any inflammatory or offensive comments about Essendon players or provoking their fans.

Bomber fans are complete and utter cows udders by a country mile.

Pies fans can be pills,but certainly are more civilized at games compared to Tigers or Essendon* fans in my opinion.

Add to the fact, Ronald McDonald Evans was the main instigator for our draft pick penalties, cause we beat the filth in the 99 Prelim Final and its no contest, Essendope are by far my host hated club.

Interestingly enough i have seen and chatted to Joffa at a few Melbourne Heart/City games, he is actually a pretty good bloke, is doing a docu-bio on himself to raise money for Epilepsy, and apparently he is also a Western Bulldogs member (family reasons)

Would certainly rather have a beer with Joffa and his mates then the Cult of Hird Bomber zealots ..

Collingwood are loveable in their own toothless way, we love to hate them and after all these years our two fanbases realise how lucky we are to enjoy such a fun rivalry. Essendon, on the other hand... wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

I would. Name the time/place and I'm there...

Dislike the Pies but have a little respect for them due to the great rivalry over many years. Can also have fun with most of their supporters regardless of ladder positions from year to year.

Hate everything about EssADA* from the arrogance of the club through to the inabilty of their supporters to hold an intelligent conversation about anything football related. Anything to do with that club has the potential to drain the fun out of any situation.

Essendon by a country mile..had a few run ins with their supporters at/after games and most of their supporters are absolute flogs! I have plenty of friends that support both teams and have much better footy convos with those who support Collingwood.

As many others have said, got respect for the Pies. I really enjoy the Collingwood v Carlton games and the banter that goes on before, during and after the match.

The whole drug saga has made me hate the Bombers even more.

Back