Which club do you hate the most?

Which of these clubs do you hate the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond

Still burn from 03/04/05/06 crap about young rebuilding sides,
"We have selected the two best kids in the country" re Tambling and Deledio
Wallet's 5 year plan....which i presume he forgot to add it was a rolling 5 year plan

Richmond

Still burn from 03/04/05/06 crap about young rebuilding sides,
"We have selected the two best kids in the country" re Tambling and Deledio
Wallet's 5 year plan....which i presume he forgot to add it was a rolling 5 year plan

rofl, you hate a club because they're run by idiots?

No contest , venomous hatred for Essendon.
North could have been included for the 70's era , but having grown up in the 80s, no contest.
84 should've been ours. Its like Geelong 08 (which I still get a kick out of btw) .
Totally agree, no contest for me either. 30 plus years of hatred.
1984, Sheedy accusing the Hawks of drugtaking, line in the sand game, and the list could go on.

1984, Sheedy accusing the Hawks of drugtaking, line in the sand game, and the list could go on.

At the top of the list should be ..... Billy Duckworth.

Some history;

83 & 84 punch ups galore
84 semi was an epic we won by 8
84 drugs accusations
84 lost the flag we shouldnt have.. *
85 back to back against us, embarrassing
Kevin Sheedy the smug pleb prick
Their gang of snipers as mentioned b4
That bad patch mid 90s+ when we were their bunnies repeatedly thrashed
Barry Young...at our lowest ebb
Us asking for Sheeds' help at some stage?
2001 Prelim
Line in the sand game
Velvet smashing Sewell, missing the finals, and our reaction to it Brown/Clarko not good

There's a few more im sure.

I must say there have been few beauties from us;
Dippers elbow to Stoneham's eye socket at Princess Park one of the best
Colin robertson decks Watson in 83 GF
Brereton irons out Van Dar Haar
Brereton runs thru Bombers huddle
Brereton (pattern?) Kisses Duckworth
Dunstall kicks 12 we win by 160 at the G ☺

Some history;

83 & 84 punch ups galore
84 semi was an epic we won by 8
84 drugs accusations
84 lost the flag we shouldnt have.. *
85 back to back against us, embarrassing
Kevin Sheedy the smug pleb prick
Their gang of snipers as mentioned b4
That bad patch mid 90s+ when we were their bunnies repeatedly thrashed
Barry Young...at our lowest ebb
Us asking for Sheeds' help at some stage?
2001 Prelim
Line in the sand game
Velvet smashing Sewell, missing the finals, and our reaction to it Brown/Clarko not good

There's a few more im sure.

I must say there have been few beauties from us;
Dippers elbow to Stoneham's eye socket at Princess Park one of the best
Colin robertson decks Watson in 83 GF
Brereton irons out Van Dar Haar
Brereton runs thru Bombers huddle
Brereton (pattern?) Kisses Duckworth
Dunstall kicks 12 we win by 160 at the G ☺
All that '84 stuff was before my time but I can see how that would ignite a lifetime of hate for them, especially with '85.

How wonderful it would be to '85 the Swans this year...

Collingwood? Who?

Geelong - the matchup is defined more for the sheer quality of the football when we meet up, and the consistently huge stakes. I like the Cats! I love what they've brought to footy. Plus, there was that time when no matter how good they were (and sometimes how bad we were), we just kept winning the games. Even the streak was bookended by big Hawk wins (status, not margins), so there must be a hollow feeling for the Cats fans when they reminisce about 11 straight...

Carlton - it's been said this should be bigger and nastier. I've enjoyed their shitness over the last decade, but truth be told, I could name more old Blues who I would love to see in a Hawks jumper than any other club...

Sydney - five years ago, who gave a f###...? I enjoyed that win last September as much as any brown and gold-eyed chest thumper, and two years ago my wife thought we'd lost the late season match we played against them in Sydney, because she could hear me swearing and hitting things in the other room as I listened to ABC radio commentary...I was actually venting because Paul Roos was commentating...! Nah...we'll all be over this as quickly as we were over the WC v Sydney rivalry once it unbalanced again...

Now - listen up kids, those of you who don't get this Essendon thing...I'm still giggling at the previous poster who described their "c###iness"...their best ever living player, now their fallen messiah, based his entire corrupt drug regime on his hatred for us, and this is just the latest in a long line of acts of war that both sides have inflicted on the other, all described earlier. Watch the GF's of the 1980's, and if you can get your hands on any other games of that era, even night matches, watch for the sheer hatred and footy muscle...these two teams are the mightiest combination of two rivals ever to play footy...I feel privileged that this was my intro to footy as a kid...Essendon will never be anything but our biggest and most hated rival, for me...

The drug cheats win hands down.

The swans are just craven self serving filth sucking the tit of the ever indulgent AFL dry, merely to pervert the competition and boost TV ratings in a market full of sporting cretins dominated by their appalling ape game of rugby, by engineering a few corrupt flags flow their to their way.

After all, if Hawthorn was being forced fed advantages over the rest of the competition like a corrupt draw and exclusive access to the local talent of the most populous state in the country, then I doubt that many here would be demanding that these advantages should be immediately withdrawn. That is simple human nature, no matter how selfish or ugly it truly is.

However, the MASSIVE SYSYTEMATIC DRUG CHEATING that the FILTH of scum hill have indulged in is beyond reprehensible.

These scum and their criminal associates, have not only PERMANENTLY STAINED the good name of Australian Rule Football, but they have actually damaged the international reputation of Australia as being a country that takes a serious stand against drugs in sport and is by and large, a bastion of drug free competition.

Just like all good competent criminals, they systematically destroyed all the evidence of their cheating so that the investigators were left with the fact that most of their players took 300 injections but magically, no one can account for what was in these injections at all. That by itself should be grounds for deregistering the club and should have, in a non-corrupt state i.e. other than Victoria, resulted in a thorough and rigorous occupational health and safety investigation. But no, the criminals have been protected yet again.

It has exposed large parts of the Australian media as nothing less than PATHETIC CHAUVANISTIC HYPOCRITICAL FILTH that is all too ready to condemn the obvious drug cheating by foreign, particular communist, sporting teams like the Chinese female swimmers, but when confronted by the essendon (no other word in the language is debased enough describe this team other than this word, essendon) systematic doping scandal either turn a blind eye or worse act as blatant mouth pieces (you know who you are Mark Robinson!) for the FARRAGO OF LIES being generated by the Turd family and the EFC administration.

Their decision to adopt the CRIMINALS code of denying everything and trying to OBSTRUCT the COURSE of JUCTICE at EVERY TURN by underhand recourse to EVERY LEGAL IMPEDIMENT their MONEY GRUBBING LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE FILTH can invent, no matter HOW ABSURD, whilst at the same time waging a PR propaganda campaign full of such utter lies that it would shame a Goebbels puts the Evildon Filthball Club into their own unique stratosphere of contempt that hopefully, if the sport is played thousand years, no other team will ever dare to equal.

If justice can not be served, as ASADA is hampered by its own limited powers of investigation and the AFL's obvious complicity in the scandal, then it is up to the common members of the public to make their feelings of utter revulsion known.

Henceforth, I suggest that the EFC be no longer known as the bombers/scum or filth, their traditional names, but as the injectables.

A few home made banners along these lines at the footy would help press the point home to the media scum and the AFL, but not doubt the banners would be confiscated at the behest of the AFL in order to maintain its own regime of cover ups and lies.
Epic post.
printed and framed...

The enormous hatred for essendon is so overrated. I agree that they are filthy drug and salary cap cheating scum. But the karma bus finally caught them (look what the karma bus did to carlton ). We, in contrast, have grown from strength to strength. So we stuffed up 84. Build a bridge guys. We've lost gf to other teams as well. Essendon are a nothing club now. Irrelevant. It's like walking past a primary school bully who is now a bum on the street.
I voted for shitney. Live the moment. Look to the future. Don't dwell on the past. IMHO we are the superior club to all.

The enormous hatred for essendon is so overrated. I agree that they are filthy drug and salary cap cheating scum. But the karma bus finally caught them (look what the karma bus did to carlton ). We, in contrast, have grown from strength to strength. So we stuffed up 84. Build a bridge guys. We've lost gf to other teams as well. Essendon are a nothing club now. Irrelevant. It's like walking past a primary school bully who is now a bum on the street.
I voted for shitney. Live the moment. Look to the future. Don't dwell on the past. IMHO we are the superior club to all.

I agree with everything you say.

But I still hate the Cheating bastards!

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I pity Essendon more than hate them. They just cannot see what damage this blind faith in one man is doing to their brand. If it were my club, I'd be disgusted in the board for not giving him his marching orders long before now.

To come out after yesterday's hearing and declare Hird was still coach for the next 2 years just amazed me. It's as if nothing that has transpired over the past 2 years has had an impact on the club's attitude whatsoever.

I expect Essendon will pull a "Lance Armstrong" and re-offend, only this time they will cover their bases more thoroughly.

And they've still got a needle hanging out of the vein.

Carlton and Collingwood had no right to be spoken about and involved in any way in this vote.
Yeah, they did. At least Carlton. Used to hate them more than Essendon. Between 78 and 89, only Carlton, Hawthorn and Essendon won multiple premierships. Huge rivalry.

That's it. How many of us barracked for them in the 2005 GF? I even lost my initial dismay to a large extent seeing Jarrad McVeigh hugging his wife, a year or so after their tragedy, at the end of the 2012 GF. We hate them now because we're pissed off with Buddy, and the COLA story (not me, couldn't give a f### about bank accounts, but the Hawk fan base as a whole does mention it a fair bit!)...and, they're a bloody good team we have tough games against...we got fired up for that day last September, and here we are still bubbling away loving the fact everything fell our way that day...

Give both teams a few years at opposite ends of the ladder, and they'll go back into the mix...

Last edited:
Yeah, they did. At least Carlton. Used to hate them more than Essendon. Between 78 and 89, only Carlton, Hawthorn and Essendon won multiple premierships. Huge rivalry.

Yep....And even another 20 years in the cellar still won't be enuf to dissipate the galling hatred I feel towards em!....The lack of votes for em in here, is merely symbolic of the age demographic which frequents these Boards.

That's it. How many of us barracked for them in the 2005 GF? I even lost my initial dismay to a large extent seeing Jarrad McVeigh hugging his wife, a year or so after their tragedy, at the end of the 2012 GF. We hate them now because we're pissed off with Buddy, and the COLA story (not me, couldn't give a f### about bank accounts, but the Hawk fan base as a whole does mention it a fair bit!)...and, they're a bloody good team we have tough games against...we got fired up for that day last September, and here we are still bubbling away loving the fact everything fell our way that day...

Give both teams a few years at opposite ends of the ladder, and they'll go back into the mix...
I was barracking hard for them in those grand finals. Mainly due to hating the arrogance of the Eagles players (Cousins, Hunter, Braun, Embley, Fletcher, Kerr etc). They were a pretty unlikeable mob and knowing how many of them have fallen into trouble since then, my opinions of them were valid.

I did respect and like the Swans though. Boy has that changed since 2012!

Still I hate Essendon and Geelong more than the Swans. Carlton probably too, however they're just a rabble of a list that I don't actually care too much about them.

Well I remember our huge rivalries with North running through the 70s, and that transgressed into the Bombers rivalry. While we had a little crack with Carlton, and it hit some heights around the time the Platten saga was going to court, it'd pale into insignificance if compared to the Bombers' of the 80s and Roos of the 70s. Anyway, despite watching football through the whole 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, I cant remember having a molecule of hate that even compared to Essendon, North, Geelong ad Sydney. I stand by my comments, and add that North Melbourne should have been in the poll before Carlton and Collingwood were even considered.

I didn't.
I always hated the ugly football produced by the Swans and Roos.
They brought footy down to an all-in scrum. The games were close only because no-one could score.

We've been so fortunate that Clarko sees footy as a game to be attacked and won, not one based on all-out defence.

Well I remember our huge rivalries with North running through the 70s, and that transgressed into the Bombers rivalry. While we had a little crack with Carlton, and it hit some heights around the time the Platten saga was going to court, it'd pale into insignificance if compared to the Bombers' of the 80s and Roos of the 70s. Anyway, despite watching football through the whole 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, I cant remember having a molecule of hate that even compared to Essendon, North, Geelong ad Sydney. I stand by my comments, and add that North Melbourne should have been in the poll before Carlton and Collingwood were even considered.
That's the thing. I don't feel the same about North. Funny how people see things differently. I absolutely hated both Carlton and Essendon in the 80s but didn't hate North, although I an understand why people would - another case of chequebook premierships. Mind you even today, I hate losing to any of them.

For now, though, I want to see the Swans burn. Damn them to hell.

I didn't.
I always hated the ugly football produced by the Swans and Roos.
They brought footy down to an all-in scrum. The games were close only because no-one could score.

We've been so fortunate that Clarko sees footy as a game to be attacked and won, not one based on all-out defence.
The footy produced by all four interstate power sides in 2005-06 was f###ing terrible...the 2005 GF is the worst decider I've ever seen, and that includes 2007...our GF party was wandering around the room talking during the second quarter, just no engagement with it at all until we all realised it was ridiculously close...! Adelaide set new defensive records, Freo were alright as a team, and the teams who are the big Vics these days were rebuilding or living on borrowed time (e.g. Melbourne)...

Back