Which club do you hate the most?

Which of these clubs do you hate the most?

• Total voters
May 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bump.

Last week it was Geelong, this week it is *.

I honestly forgot how much I hated them until this week. Some rivalries come and go, but this one will last forever.

I picked the Bombrés, but the way Geelong are going about it this week, they are are heading down the respect list pretty fast.
Should I add Joel Selwood to the Poll?

How often can this happen?

Beat and avenge a despised premiership rival that stole the most damaging forward the game has seen in acrimonious circumstances by 10 goals.

Demoralise a recently respected yet bitter premiership rival by 10 goals.

On Sunday we have a chance to beat an historically hated premiership rival who cheated the entire competition purely to satiate the rampant ego of some flog who hates us more than anything.

If we can street these flogs by 10+ goals then I demand a 3 dvd commerative pack. Could a better 3 game block be imagined??

Beat and avenge a despised premiership rival that stole the most damaging forward the game has seen in acrimonious circumstances by 10 goals.

On Sunday we have a chance to beat an historically hated premiership rival who cheated the entire competition purely to satiate the rampant ego of some flog who hates us more than anything.

If we can street these flogs by 10+ goals then I demand a 3 dvd commerative pack. Could a better 3 game block be imagined??
our 3 peat?

Throw the West Coast beating Carlton by 10+ goals game from tonight in as the steak knives.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
My respect for the cats has plummeted of late, how can you respect a team with that many whinges and sore losers led by the biggest sook in the game.

Their club and supporters are so upset with our recent success and how we are actually close to bettering their dominant period. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside how much we continually hurt them.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My respect for the cats has plummeted of late, how can you respect a team with that many whinges and sore losers led by the biggest sook in the game.

Their club and supporters are so upset with our recent success and how we are actually close to bettering their dominant period. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside how much we continually hurt them.

Haven't we already bettered their period anyway?

3-1 in finals :)

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Geelong working hard to hit the lead here.

I hated but respected them when they were beating us all the time.

Now they're divinng, whinging and accomplishing missions even when we beat them. They've lost their class. Sure they've aways been free kick drama queens, but the last couple of years they've lost their way in how they hold themselves.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Geelong working hard to hit the lead here.

I hated but respected them when they were beating us all the time.

Now they're divinng, whinging and accomplishing missions even when we beat them. They've lost their class. Sure they've aways been free kick drama queens, but the last couple of years they've lost their way in how they hold themselves.

The thing that has amazed me with their supporters on this forum is, they won 3 flags in 5 seasons from 2007 to 2011, far more than most clubs could ever dream of, and yet losing 2008 GF appears to have completely ruined it for them. They spend more time whinging about Hawthorn than enjoying their successes. Strange attitude.

As a club, I always admired them, but to allow their craptain (yes, the r is intentional) to come out on national TV and make insinuations about our players in the way he has, then my respect for Geelong has dwindled. They should have either came out and make accusations themselves that they were prepared to back up, or issue a public apology. They've done neither, and I'm very disappointed in them.

I can see Selwood becoming Geelong's coach in much the same way Hird is at Essendon.

The thing that has amazed me with their supporters on this forum is, they won 3 flags in 5 seasons from 2007 to 2011, far more than most clubs could ever dream of, and yet losing 2008 GF appears to have completely ruined it for them. They spend more time whinging about Hawthorn than enjoying their successes. Strange attitude.

As a club, I always admired them, but to allow their craptain (yes, the r is intentional) to come out on national TV and make insinuations about our players in the way he has, then my respect for Geelong has dwindled. They should have either came out and make accusations themselves that they were prepared to back up, or issue a public apology. They've done neither, and I'm very disappointed in them.

I can see Selwood becoming Geelong's coach in much the same way Hird is at Essendon.
haha.

"I hate them more than anyone"

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Haven't we already bettered their period anyway?

3-1 in finals :)

I've often wondered about their so-called "era of dominance". The only seasons they dominated (and were minor premiers) were 2007 and 2008 (until the GF). When they went top in 2009 and 2011 they weren't even minor premiers, and didn't make the GF in 2010. Doesn't suggest "dominance" to me. They were good, but that's where I draw the line.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
I've often wondered about their so-called "era of dominance". The only seasons they dominated (and were minor premiers) were 2007 and 2008 (until the GF). When they went top in 2009 and 2011 they weren't even minor premiers, and didn't make the GF in 2010. Doesn't suggest "dominance" to me. They were good, but that's where I draw the line.

It's a question of definition. 3 in 5 is certainly no dynasty. It's not even an 'era'. It's a good period of success. The critical may even say 'purple patch'.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
4 flags or more in a sustained period is really what is required to have an era

The Cats run was really no different to our 70s period (1971, 1976, 1978 with RU in 1975 and PF in 1974, 1977 v 2007, 2009, 2011 with RU in 2008 and PF in 2004, 2010, 2013)

That said our current run is probably better than the Cats or the 70s Hawks given we b2b'd :)

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Their winning percentage even withstanding they were not always minor premiers was extremely good. The lions never achieved anything even close to that and are held up as the modern benchmark owing to their premiership success.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Their winning percentage even withstanding they were not always minor premiers was extremely good. The lions never achieved anything even close to that and are held up as the modern benchmark owing to their premiership success.

The Lions achieved something far more impressive. They defended their title on two consecutive occasions.

Whether it was 2008, 2010 or 2012 the Cats squibbed it on 3 consecutive occasions. But I guess they were / are flat track bullies...especially with the 7/8 games a season they play at KP

Back